Leicester v City post match

We look very, very vunerable without Fern & it just goes to show how f*cki g good he is! Also without him our build up play is slower, he delivers a lot of quick, incisive forward passes, Gundo fanies around with it :)

We need to fix left back but sorting Fernandinho's successor is feeling more urgent now. If i could do a funny dance that would make him 20 again i would be dancing the night away but the reality is he is getting on and next season will need to be used less simply due to age/wear and tear. It is not super urgent if he comes back fine for the rest of the season but that would be a huge worry for us then, any time he hobbles after a challenge etc we will all be shitting ourselves, so there is certainly a sense of urgency to some level, just not full panic stations.

Stones in time will be able to work there just fine but he will always be needed primarily as part of a central partnership with Laporte. Delph should be just fine there but Pep seems intent on keeping him as a left back so he is not an option at all let alone filling in; Of which i think he would do very very well. Just like he was at left back last season.

Our FBs problem is just one of a few.
Why did we buy Mendy? He’s probably not going to make it back this season either, and when he does, he’s like Bambi on ice.
Walker looks like a rabbit in the headlights when he gets a ball or an attacker gets near him.
We have royally fcuked up not bolstering the defence and DM in the summer. We didn’t need a £60M walking one footed winger. As for Gundogan, I can only think he has compromising pics of Pep. Never seen a midfielder chicken out of so many tackles and slow a counter attack so often. Bernardo has a fantastic work rate, chases down everything and harries the ball carrier, at least he giving his all.
Ferni and Merlin are huge misses, it’s the managements fault for not sourcing cover/replacement for them. We had more than enough talent available, yet played like they couldn’t be arsed.
Passing for passing sake in the opponents box is a fcuking joke. SHOOT ffs!!
If we lose at Southampton, the dipper game will be a blood bath.
I fear we are too far behind already and it could be 13 behind by 4th Jan. Losing Top four position is a real possibility based on the last 3 games.
There’s a slim chance we can scramble our way back up to the top, but I don’t see it happening this season, teams are just playing 4-5-1, knowing they WILL get chances on goal, and are taking them, where as we are still intent from scoring inside the 6 yard box. Yes we create golden chances and spunk them away, where the opposition create 1 and score. Our poor finishing lately is as shocking as our gifting the opposition chances.
Losing at Southampton doesn’t bear thinking about.
They will be parking the bus for sure, it’s up to us to try and break it open.

Our talisman is Kevin but he is not back to his oldself yet. Injuries cuaght up with our most important players which is not the case of our rivals, especially dippers whose key players have not missed a single important game ! We lost a battle but the race for the title is far from being over ! We need our key players back to their best form and/or a reinforcement of the team in the forthcoming transfer window.

Our talisman is Kevin but he is not back to his oldself yet. Injuries cuaght up with our most important players which is not the case of our rivals, especially dippers whose key players have not missed a single important game ! We lost a battle but the race for the title is far from being over ! We need our key players back to their best form and/or a reinforcement of the team in the forthcoming transfer window.

Injuries are part and parcel of the game, it's how you deal with them that decides the weak from the strong.

Our decision to be pissed about by Napoli and Jorghino has hit us hard, also Mendy was a sick note before he signed. A player with enormous potential but at 50 million , one hell of a risk.

Good post

We miss Fern so much
Cannot afford to be without him. Look at the last few weeks since chelsea defeat . How did we do without him? Lost twice .Elephant in the room really unless we start admitting what's a gaping hole of a problem .
Same fixture last year , Fern present. Heck leicester even had a good Mahrez that day .We had 70% possession , nearly 800 completed passes and gave them 0 shots on target . This was on the 18/11/17
Pep's teams are so well oiled that even a small percentage of an anomaly can result in disaster . Sorry to be so hyperbolic but in reality the well oiled machine has certain requisites - possession 9/10ths of the law usually, 85% and above pass completion rate so that there's an end product that doesn't often result in turnovers to opposition, low amount of corners to opposition , tackles that involve winning balls back, 2nd actions etc that involves commitment and intensity etc , 5-10 shots on target Did we see an acceptable rate of that today ? Just asking .
Fern does that donkey work that we Unfortunately take for granted in spoiling and
David Silva has also been out injured. Huge player -scores goals too.
Mendy has been missed because his attack keeps oppo on their toes and adds to percentage possession and completion rate. He can be caught out at times but not so much as to concede too many goals.We allied far too many shots on target today -5!
Kevin hasn't been missed until we have lost the other 3 to injury. He only played half a game today. Not enough to secure a result.
It all adds up
But Fern is a huge loss , a spoiler, a grinder, a workhorse, as ubiquitous as the day is long , accurate passing,nearly all moves go through him, director and initiator of actions , scores the odd goal etc list goes on .
Let's see how Pool do withoutVVD and Salah for 3 games. Thing is ,they wouldn't fall apart as much as we do because we are such an optimal machine. A thing of beauty that is disrupted when certain huge players are injured and rhythm is lost.
At Southampton if we have 6 shots on target we will score 2-3 .If we allow them 5 on target they could score 3.
Need Fern back
If not then Pep you have to find something .

LMFAO

Some one to come in and do possibly the hardest job in the team, maybe from a different country, in January and to play Peps way virtually from the off. I know what you mean but that will take some doing and I can't think of anyone.. Last summer was the time.
Everyone banging on we should have got a Fern replacement in last summer and are now lambasting the club - who was that player who, was avaialble, affordable and wanted to come? over to all the experts who seem to know but never seem to announce

Everyone banging on we should have got a Fern replacement in last summer and are now lambasting the club - who was that player who, was avaialble, affordable and wanted to come? over to all the experts who seem to know but never seem to announce

There probably isn't a direct Fernandinho replacement currently playing in world football never mind being available or affordable. There are then two options for the club to take: don't buy anyone as they cannot directly replace him (& this means we won't buy anyone this January or in the summer either) or buy a player(s) with different skill sets but who can fit into the team, even if that means modifying our style of play.

The club has one of the top management & coaching staffs in world football combined with an extensive global scouting network. I wasn't aware that they were relying on suggestions off an internet forum in order to identify targets. This sounds very Swales-esque to me.

There probably isn't a direct Fernandinho replacement currently playing in world football never mind being available or affordable. There are then two options for the club to take: don't buy anyone as they cannot directly replace him (& this means we won't buy anyone this January or in the summer either) or buy a player(s) with different skill sets but who can fit into the team, even if that means modifying our style of play.

The club has one of the top management & coaching staffs in world football combined with an extensive global scouting network. I wasn't aware that they were relying on suggestions off an internet forum in order to identify targets. This sounds very Swales-esque to me.
I agree, but if posters want to slag the club off for not doing their jobs to their liking, at least have the balls to suggest the odd name or two and then realise it aint that simple

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.