Leonardo Bonucci

Status
Not open for further replies.
60 million for a 29 year old is crazy money. For all the talk of the great academy we have it seems like a complete waste of time when we will just buy 29 year olds for ridiculous money.

The way I see it is the situation is similar to when Sven and Hughes came to the club, they had to throw money at players if we were to have any chance of success. History tells us it doesn't always work of course, but this is Pep.

Pep arrives when many of our players are getting passed their sell by date at worst, hugely underperforming at best. He has to get results quickly but has little time. We have the money and he knows the players who will improve us. Amounts paid are irrelevant as long as we get his man.

Added pressure was put on Pep, I think, by Khaldoon who said that Pep would utilise the Academy players. I can't see this opportunity arising much in the first months due to the time constraints, with Pep working on educating the first the first team who stay with us and his new recruits.

Got that horrible gut feeling on this potential deal. Hope city aren't naieve to Bonucci wanting a better contract at Juventus, Laporte did a u turn without our knowledge.

Got that horrible gut feeling on this potential deal. Hope city aren't naieve to Bonucci wanting a better contract at Juventus, Laporte did a u turn without our knowledge.
Yeah, I agree but then I'm often a half empty kinda guy. We loved it when the madridista Ramos'd the scum but we've seemingly already been Laporte'd and it looks increasing like we're being Bonnuci'd

Yeah, I agree but then I'm often a half empty kinda guy. We loved it when the madridista Ramos'd the scum but we've seemingly already been Laporte'd and it looks increasing like we're being Bonnuci'd

I think if Juve were easier to deal with the transfer would be easier but just feel they have a way of warding off interest and nailing their players down. I could be well off the mark but gut feeling tells me this one won't happen. Hope I'm wrong because despite his age he's a great player, leader and just a pep type player!

Materrazi (sp) ?
He's the only one I could think of but even he seemed to be in his real prime a few years later when he was at inter. I was trying to think about how well Italian centre backs adapt to English football and then realised we've barely had any of real note over here.

He's the only one I could think of but even he seemed to be in his real prime a few years later when he was at inter. I was trying to think about how well Italian centre backs adapt to English football and then realised we've barely had any of real note over here.
You're right, there really isn't many, Festa (biro) & Panucci (chavs) are literally the best others I could find. But then to be fair Italian football rarely seems to export it's very best talents, certainly not the defensive ones. Perhaps cos th game over there is more suited to defensive abilities than other leagues.

Italians are a bit like us Brits in footballing terms, tend to prefer our own country!
However Italian defending is like no other! They are the masters of the dark arts but they also can often be excellent footballlers in their own rights, Maldini, baresi, Costacurta, Cannavaro and nesta were all amazing defenders but also very intelligent, composed footballers!

Bonucci has taken the batton on from those greats and he is the current star Italian defender and he does look truly world class in CB terms! If he comes to us I have no doubt he'll be phenomenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.