Leonardo Bonucci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posted a report that seems to think Bonucci and Juve will sit down to discuss contract renewal over the next few weeks.....if true, it looks like he was just looking for a pay increase...

It's ok to look at this as a positive I think. If we're going to pay 'crazy' wages we might as well put the pressure on other clubs. We just can't go the United route and be linked with silly players every window (neymar, pogba, ramos). I take this as a positive, either way, but that might be just me.

It's ok to look at this as a positive I think. If we're going to pay 'crazy' wages we might as well put the pressure on other clubs. We just can't go the United route and be linked with silly players every window (neymar, pogba, ramos). I take this as a positive, either way, but that might be just me.

I do agree mate and you make fair comments.....but I also feel that if the "right" player for the development/progression as a club is available and we've put ourselves in a position financially where we can go after that type of player, we should do it. The market has gone crazy with the TV deals and even smaller/mid table clubs are offering 30+ mil for players.....I agree we cant throw money at "everyone" but if there is a player that could take us up another level, I do believe we should do it....If Pep feels Bonucci was one of the best CB's in football, then I dont have an issue with us paying whatever it takes to get it done(as we always say, its not my money!;)....Maybe "desperate" is the wrong word to use but its clear Pep is having sleepless nights about our current starting CB's and the moves for Laporte and Bonucci show we trying to do everything we can to fix this....so far, it just isnt happening......

Last edited:
@TRUE BLUE NO1, if memory serves me correct, you were the poster who always started a sentence with "thanks for the reply"? Am I correct?

I see this has evolved to "I agree"...

Mix it up a little fella, a few 'you're a ****' or '@TCIB is ginger, so what? I think his comb over is sublime' etc etc

As for Bonucci, game changer, no doubt, but it all seems very dubious from his camp... Looks like a bank of city card is being played!!

The centre halves we've been linked to have all been good players, in their own right.
With this target I get the impression Guardiola thinks we're missing a leader at the back, when Kompany's out.
In yesterday's presser he talked about Kompany being out for the last 2 years, so it may be he won't take the risk of waiting to see if he recovers fully.
Also Bonnuci could be the perfect 'pro' to set an example to the likes of Cameron Humphreys and Tosin Adarabioyo.
People talk about the young players he's developed but he loves a leader like Puyol and Lahm.

We might have been better off buying Fiat and being in a position to manage all Juve's in's and out's this summer. Then again not sure the first team would have been happy with their sponsored Punto's

I do agree mate and you make fair comments.....but I also feel that if the "right" player for the development/progression as a club is available and we've put ourselves in a position financially where we can go after that type of player, we should do it. The market has gone crazy with the TV deals and even smaller/mid table clubs are offering 30+ mil for players.....I agree we cant throw money at "everyone" but if there is a player that could take us up another level, I do believe we should do it....If Pep feels Bonucci was one of the best CB's in football, then I dont have an issue with us paying whatever it takes to get it done(as we always say, its not my money!;)....Maybe "desperate" is the wrong word to use but its clear Pep is having sleepless nights about our current starting CB's and the moves for Laporte and Bonucci show we trying to do everything we can to fix this....so far, it just isnt happening......
I don't know mate. How do we know that the reports linking players with City are genuine? I too was a little surprised by the Bonucci reports after being so closely linked to Stones all Summer. We'll all have our opinions on the abilities of different players but I'm very confident that City will be able to sign the players we are genuinely after simply because of our proposition: Manager, money and chance of success. You're right the transfer market has gone crazy.

The money for this guy is crazy. He may be a dud in the league like Ottamendi

Meanwhile you cant contain your excitement at the rags landing Pogba.....

I know you're a blue.

Unfortunately i also know you're a wum so take this friendly warning and pack it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.