L'Equipe: Caicedo loaned to Sporting for 1 year (merged)

Re: L'Equipe: Caicedo loaned to Sporting for 1 year

kaiserchief said:
Cobwebcat said:
I realise I'm in the minority here but I think Caicedo is an awful player. No pace, no first touch, no tactical awareness (does he even know what off-side is?) even if he improves he will still be just average. If by some miracle he turns into the player some of you think.. he will he still won't play for us. The only reason he will be loaned is because nobody is daft enough to buy.

the only reason he will be loaned is that sporting are skint.... they would have to sell someone first..

Doesn't stop another club buying. Fact is nobody wants to.

Cobwebcat said:
kaiserchief said:
the only reason he will be loaned is that sporting are skint.... they would have to sell someone first..

That isn't fact at all. Fact is we want to keep him because Hughes rates him and thinks he's got potential

Cobwebcat said:
kaiserchief said:

well he claims that he's received offers from spain, portugal and some english clubs...thats what he says...

you say he's got no pace...have to agree with that. i often thought that he was slowin us down if you know what i mean... but he improved a lot.

he's got potential tho, hughes knows that and im glad we keep him or at least just loan him to sporting.

kaiserchief said:
Cobwebcat said:

well he claims that he's received offers from spain, portugal and some english clubs...thats what he says...

you say he's got no pace...have to agree with that. i often thought that he was slowin us down if you know what i mean... but he improved a lot.

he's got potential tho, hughes knows that and im glad we keep him or at least just loan him to sporting.

Fair enough I could be wrong but I can't see it. Might make it as a boxer ;-)

Felipe has gone to Sporting for a season long loan with an option to buy!!

What are the doubters going to say now we dont have 10 strikers? we seem to actually know what we're doing!! that must annoy the hell out of them!!

Big Phil to Sporting

Felipe Caicedo has told skysports.com he is ready to prove himself on the European stage after agreeing a move to Sporting Lisbon.

Sporting have beaten several Premier League clubs to clinch the signing of the Ecuador international, who will move on a season-long loan with an option to make the move permanent.

The deal is due to be completed on Friday, which will also allow Caicedo to be included in their squad for their UEFA Champions League campaign.

"My objective is to play and to demonstrate that I can triumph in Europe," Caicedo told skysports.com.

"City have many forwards who have arrived this summer and they have complicated my presence.

"But to be with a club like Sporting Lisbon is a personal challenge to me.

"I am very happy to be able to play in the Champions League. Portugal is a good championship and I do not believe there will be any problems for me adapting my style."

I hope he can score bagfulls and come back next season!!

Good luck big man!!

Re: Big Phil to Sporting

Immaculate Pasta said:
Felipe Caicedo has told skysports.com he is ready to prove himself on the European stage after agreeing a move to Sporting Lisbon.

Sporting have beaten several Premier League clubs to clinch the signing of the Ecuador international, who will move on a season-long loan with an option to make the move permanent.

The deal is due to be completed on Friday, which will also allow Caicedo to be included in their squad for their UEFA Champions League campaign.

"My objective is to play and to demonstrate that I can triumph in Europe," Caicedo told skysports.com.

"City have many forwards who have arrived this summer and they have complicated my presence.

"But to be with a club like Sporting Lisbon is a personal challenge to me.

"I am very happy to be able to play in the Champions League. Portugal is a good championship and I do not believe there will be any problems for me adapting my style."

Good luck big man!!
Good luck to him, he genuinely seems to love it here

I wish the big lad all the best, we can't really lose. If it doesn't work out he comes back wanting to prove himself to City with this experience under his belt, if he scores lots of goals he would move himself back up the pecking order at city or we sell him for more than we probably bought him for due to the current state of the football market !

Regular first team football is just what he needs, he's still really young and could well turn into a top class player. He gave his all last season and it wasn't easy for him, hopefully champions league football will do him well and he can return to us an even better player.

AntonDonJuan said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

Good luck big man!!
Good luck to him, he genuinely seems to love it here

i'd love it as well, he is a poor excuse for a footballer and imho will never pull on the blue shirt in the prem again, still wish him the best though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.