L'Equipe: Caicedo loaned to Sporting for 1 year (merged)

Cobwebcat said:
Awful player. Truly awful. Hope he never comes back don't care how old he is. My cat would do better.

I disagree. It's caught in a cobweb.

(coat already taken off the hook and put on my back)

Hes 20 FFS !

How many goals did ched evans get ? Or Sturridge ? PLus Sturridge is CONSTANTLY injured....

alera said:
Hes 20 FFS !

How many goals did ched evans get ? Or Sturridge ? PLus Sturridge is CONSTANTLY injured....

you miss the point, we are not talking about ched or wage packet wanderer, boh are poor imo, however i think sturridge has more potential than big phil, ched has no chance of being a prem player.

but big phil is just a bull of a player with very little going for him, he scored 7/8 goals against very poor opposition, he scored 4/5 goals against shit prem teams and the other 3 in uefa.

dont make him out to be something special, god even Jo scored in uefa

Sporting have announced through Twitter that Manchester City striker Caicedo is to play for the Lisbon club this coming season. The one-year loan deal will be signed pending the routine medical tests.

In a brief statement the Lions confirmed that their chase for the Ecuadorian’s signature has come to a successful conclusion:

“Sporting Clube de Portugal hereby announces that a pre-agreement has been reached with Manchester City Football Club for the loan of the player Felipe Caicedo for one season. The definitive agreement depends on the undertaking of medical tests.”

Paulo Bento will no doubt be keen to have the forward under his orders as quickly as possible, given that the club play the first leg of the Champions League qualifier next Wednesday July 29.

alera said:
Hes 20 FFS !

I think the difference here for people is that Evans and Sturridge came through our youth scheme so we ddn't have to pay an extortionate fee for them. Caicedo cost (if memory serves me) around the £5m mark, which is a lot for a striker that is far from being Premiership ready.

I'm not claiming to be a Caicedo fan, I still think he's a big clumsy lump who'd miss the barn with his banjo let alone the door, I'm just suggesting why some would give him a harder time than our other younger misfiring strikers (or ex-strikers as it seems both will be).

I'm all for the lad improving his development but are the club fucking stupid? View to a permanent move! This lad is talented and I for one would prefer if we got rid of Boj than him, but hopefully we can keep him next year otherwise then I will have something to moan about. Good luck Phil but let's just hope this isn't permanent.

I'm not a big fan of his to be honest so i hope he goes on to have a good year and gets a permanant move next summer.

Hope he has a good season there and comes back an even better player.

Been very impressed with how he's improved this season and I don't really think there'd be any benefit if we sold him. Better to keep hold of him I reckon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.