Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do other German clubs, and their fans, not tire of just letting Bayern sign their best players? No wonder they dominate. Anyone to get near them and Bayern just take their best players. Can't believe they're getting someone else from Dortmund again this year.

I might be wrong but didn't Bild constantly talk up KdB to Bayern last year?

And under almost identical circumstances I seem to recall? They really, really wanted him, but only next year, and for less money. Is this a common trend with Bayern transfers or just for the players we want?

And under almost identical circumstances I seem to recall? They really, really wanted him, but only next year, and for less money. Is this a common trend with Bayern transfers or just for the players we want?

I think it is the typical Bayern arrogance - it was evident when they wanted Boateng from us. Telling us what price we should be asking .

The German Rags.

I don't see any logic in Shalke accepting the Bayern offer if it is true.

Why would they sell a player for less than his current value and then offer to develop him further for a year? At a minimum it would make more sense for them to keep him, develop him further and then sell him next season for an even bigger fee.

Also, I still don't understand this logic about strengthening your rivals. I'd personally hunt Txiki down and slap him if Aguero wanted to leave and he sold him to a domestic rival for a lower price than he could have got for selling him abroad. Shalke have already lost Draxler and Neuer to divisional rivals and it would be madness for them to lose another.

Sane has a release clause for 2017. Sane has a contract - so it is not up for Schalke to decide but for the player. It makes sense for Bayern to not want him for 2016 but for 2017 as the contracts of Robben and Ribery run out 2017 - and they will play less and less every season now (or injuries take their toll).

Schalke is not really a rival to Bayern - that would be clubs like Leverkusen, Wolfsburg etc. - or arch rival Dortmund. And if you look into the transfers this season a lot of the transfers actually happen between this clubs. Ain't it normal in the EPL, too, that players go from Southhampton or other more midlevel clubs to Chelsea, City, United...

So every club is allowed to buy players from their league - but Bayern is not?

KDB came to us, even though his club thought Bayern were the better option, so you never know.
Not holding out much hope mind, with all the Bayern players in the German side having 4 weeks to talk him round.

Last edited:
Sane has a release clause for 2017. Sane has a contract - so it is not up for Schalke to decide but for the player. It makes sense for Bayern to not want him for 2016 but for 2017 as the contracts of Robben and Ribery run out 2017 - and they will play less and less every season now (or injuries take their toll).

Schalke is not really a rival to Bayern - that would be clubs like Leverkusen, Wolfsburg etc. - or arch rival Dortmund. And if you look into the transfers this season a lot of the transfers actually happen between this clubs. Ain't it normal in the EPL, too, that players go from Southhampton or other more midlevel clubs to Chelsea, City, United...

It's the idea that your league is becoming essentially a monopoly. You've managed to prise away three of your only rival's best players. Ironically, however, many German football fans complain about the TV revenue that our league is getting while ignoring the fact that the lack of competition caused by Bayern has a direct impact on the apathy that your league is receiving.

It's the idea that your league is becoming essentially a monopoly. You've managed to prise away three of your only rival's best players. Ironically, however, many German football fans complain about the TV revenue that our league is getting while ignoring the fact that the lack of competition caused by Bayern has a direct impact on the apathy that your league is receiving.

Götze and Lewandowski?
Dortmund did a very good job finding replacements. And I do not know why Dortmund gets this "holier than thou" thing - they do exactly the same with other clubs in Germany.

And I do not know why that weakened Dortmund and strengthened Bayern? If they would not have gone to Bayern they would not have stayed - and if Bayern would not have gotten Lewandowski or Götze it would have been other players that would have been atleast as good.

And I do not understand why Bayern gets blamed for the unabilities of the other clubs. If other clubs would have worked as good in the last 10 to 20 years there would not be that gap. And the gap right now is there because Bayern did a real fantastic work the recent six to seven years. Maybe somewhen people should try to appreciate that, too.

Is Bayern's interest real or just there to keep the price high? Bayern have Coman and Costa. Why would they want another winger?

I never said that Bayern should not be allowed to buy players from the Bundesliga.

What I said was that I could not understand why a club would want to sell a player for less money to a divisional rival when they can send him abroad and receive more money.

If you're taking the clubs best interests into consideration then surely Schalke should be taking the higher offer now and replacing Sane with someone they can develop and own the rights to. It would be counter productive to develop Sane even further and be resigned to losing him next summer for less money.

Also there is a huge difference in the manner in which Bayern sign players from the Bundesliga and PL teams sign players from other PL sides. Bayern have an uncompetitive monopoly on the league so any player who wants to win things in Germany, pretty much has to sign for Bayern. Therefore, Bayern can easily play the long game and rip fellow Bundesliga clubs off by offering a valuation which is much lower than the going rate in Europe. I know Goetze and Sane had/will have release clauses in their contracts, but the point still stands. Bayern can afford to wait until next summer because they have no competition in their domestic league who can challenge them for top honours/money. If Sane does not want to leave Germany then Bayern hold all the cards not Schalke.

When we bought players from Arsenal we paid top prices for them. Likewise, Southampton received high fees for the likes of Shaw and Lallana. If Everton lose Stones it will be for top money as well. That's because in the PL it is ultra competitive and a player has a choice of clubs in which he can be successful at.

Götze and Lewandowski?
Dortmund did a very good job finding replacements. And I do not know why Dortmund gets this "holier than thou" thing - they do exactly the same with other clubs in Germany.

And I do not know why that weakened Dortmund and strengthened Bayern? If they would not have gone to Bayern they would not have stayed - and if Bayern would not have gotten Lewandowski or Götze it would have been other players that would have been atleast as good.

And I do not understand why Bayern gets blamed for the unabilities of the other clubs. If other clubs would have worked as good in the last 10 to 20 years there would not be that gap. And the gap right now is there because Bayern did a real fantastic work the recent six to seven years. Maybe somewhen people should try to appreciate that, too.

It's the double effect; Dortmund not only lost those players and became weaker, you took them and became stronger. I think every football fan loves competition and that ultimately is frowned upon. It doesn't matter if they found replacements, taking away your only rival's best players is strategic. I'm not saying it's unfair, I'm simply saying it's something people just don't like. And, again, don't complain about the new TV deal and how little you make in that regard when it is a major reason.

Now it's fair game for Sane, I'm pretty confident he'll join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.