Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not slavery...
Sane has a running contract - so if he wants to transfer this season it has to be him and the club that have to agree for a transfer - and when he wants to leave next year it is just him because of the release clause.

Apart from running out contracts and release clauses Bayern pays top prices for their transfer. Bayern had to bleed badly for the Gomez transfer and did the same for Neuer - especially because of the bonus sums for future successes Bayern agreed on. And the 38 millions Bayern had to pay for a 27-year old Hummels with a running out contract ain't a cheap price either. You paid less for Gündogan...

I don't think the fees paid are really the issue. As a Bayern fan I can understand you want the best for your team but to many of us it does appear that whenever a rival starts to build anything in Germany - Leverkusen, Dortmund or Schalke - Bayern systematically buy their better players and thus while strengthening itself it simultaneously removes any real challenge for domestic superiority. The Bundesliga has so much going for it but it will never be a challenger to the Premier league until there is some genuine competition and as an outside observer Bayern are slowly becoming more dominant - you would realistically expect them to win 17 or 18 of the next 20 league titles.

I don't think the fees paid are really the issue. As a Bayern fan I can understand you want the best for your team but to many of us it does appear that whenever a rival starts to build anything in Germany - Leverkusen, Dortmund or Schalke - Bayern systematically buy their better players and thus while strengthening itself it simultaneously removes any real challenge for domestic superiority. The Bundesliga has so much going for it but it will never be a challenger to the Premier league until there is some genuine competition and as an outside observer Bayern are slowly becoming more dominant - you would realistically expect them to win 17 or 18 of the next 20 league titles.
Good post and summed up perfectly..

It is not Bayern alone - it is the other big clubs in Europe that act there, too. If you look into the Bayern squad today it is pretty much built up internationally. We usually do not even get the top U17/19 youngsters as they go to clubs where they have more chances to develop - so the way to get some German "material" (what you need) is the way to get them after they made their first good seasons.

I am just fed up by all this "bad Bayern - good everybody else"-stories especially when it is the normal run of things.

But we actually just discuss the normal way of things - players tend to walk up the latter and a lot of them first do not want to risk to go abroad. The ones that go abroad usually do that later on. So if you have an offer of Bayern you for sure think about it. Today it is not just Bayern that profits from it - Dortmund gets the others that do not want to go to Bayern or think that they cannot make it there.

What Sane will do I do not know. It might be too early for him to leave Schalke. This young players need to play - not to sit on the bench.

Bayern this season for him is a step to big and he would be wasted on the bench. Same might happen at City.

There is soft factors that might be of influence in this story, too. His father is his agent - so is Jens Jeremies, a former Bayern player who still is connected with the club and has his own VIP box in Munich. There is a story about his father during his time at Nuremberg when he knocked down a journalist after he abused him and his wife racially in his reports. Hermann Gerland - Bayern's permanent assistant coach who especially works with the "developing" players was his coach at Nuremberg then and just asked him why he did not kill him and took care that the club does not take any action.

But there is soft factors that might influence the story in other regards, too. Gündogan might be one - he will not be the only German in Manchester. Pep is a big factor, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.