Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a reason Pep wanted this deal done before the Euro's as it's chances of happening diminished with the 17*7 indoctrination by Bayern players.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 8h8 hours ago
Schalke are trying to convince Leroy Sané to stay at the club. Decision this week (City, Bayern or stay). [BILD]

ClWQRw3WMAAj1Tu.jpg

38 retweets52 likes

I'm just hoping this doesnt turn into another Laporte deal....missing on a 2nd long term target would be a big hit to Pep's plans for this season...its clear we've been chasing Sane and Laporte for a long time......but so far we couldnt make the protect attractive enough for Laporte and just hoping the same doesnt happen for Sane...

But at the end Javi Martinez went to Bayern and Herrera went to United.

Heynckes was phoning with Javi Martinez every week starting from early spring onwards...

(soft criterias...)

-----------------

About Sane - he just made his first full Bundesliga season. He still is very "raw".
If I would be his agent I would question if it is already time to make the next step and if he is fit enough for that (means getting enough playing time at the new club) or if it is better to stay another season in Schalke. At Schalke he will play all season - even through spells in which he does not perform great (what is normal as young players aren't very consistent).

Last edited:
I'm just hoping this doesnt turn into another Laporte deal....missing on a 2nd long term target would be a big hit to Pep's plans for this season...its clear we've been chasing Sane and Laporte for a long time......but so far we couldnt make the protect attractive enough for Laporte and just hoping the same doesnt happen for Sane...

Don't think it had anything to do with us not making it attractive enough, Laporte decided he wasn't right for joining one of the biggest clubs in Europe and therefore he was right, he wasn't. If a player doesn't believe he'll make it, he won't.

If Laporte had joined Chelsea or Barca etc, then we didn't make the pitch well enough, but he's decided to stay at a small club on less money and with little chance of winning anything in his career.

Don't think it had anything to do with us not making it attractive enough, Laporte decided he wasn't right for joining one of the biggest clubs in Europe and therefore he was right, he wasn't. If a player doesn't believe he'll make it, he won't.

If Laporte had joined Chelsea or Barca etc, then we didn't make the pitch well enough, but he's decided to stay at a small club on less money and with little chance of winning anything in his career.

Fair point mate!;)....but I think if Sane does the same and stays with his current club or goes to Bayern after all the invested time and effort since Jan transfer window (when we were rumoured to have first made contract), its another big loss to our recruitment plan this summer.....Seems like we might find out on Wednesday, if rumours are true.

Fair point mate!;)....but I think if Sane does the same and stays with his current club or goes to Bayern after all the invested time and effort since Jan transfer window (when we were rumoured to have first made contract), its another big loss to our recruitment plan this summer.....Seems like we might find out on Wednesday, if rumours are true.

I agree it impacts our recruitment, but I don't think we can criticise City if a player prefers to stay as a big fish. It'll be disappointing if Sane chooses Bayern, but that seems to be expected of all German players so I'll be amazed if he doesn't.

Haven't seen much of Sane, but from what I've read, I suspect we were trying to get him now before he goes to Bayern rather than him being ready for us right now. So a potential long term loss, but I'm not sure it would massively affect the coming season.

Heynckes was phoning with Javi Martinez every week starting from early spring onwards...

(soft criterias...)

-----------------

About Sane - he just made his first full Bundesliga season. He still is very "raw".
If I would be his agent I would question if it is already time to make the next step and if he is fit enough for that (means getting enough playing time at the new club) or if it is better to stay another season in Schalke. At Schalke he will play all season - even through spells in which he does not perform great (what is normal as young players aren't very consistent).

I can't disagree there.

From what I've seen of him, he would have to go up a level to be a starter at City. Something I'm sure he's capable of, but that doesn't mean he will automatically do it. Sterling is only performing at about 50% & he has been in the Prem for years. Sane would be up against people like him & Silva & possibly another couple of signings & maybe one or two of our own kids, fighting for a spot.

Then he can see the shit Sterling is getting from those wankers on tv, It's not an easy decision at all.

Problem wih staying is he's already on his 3rd manager at Schalke. He started with Di Matteo, André Breitnreiter and now their new manager. That's already potentially harming his development. And if they don't start well this next season who knows if he will be gone too. I know it easy to look at Bayern's dominance as a 1 team league but their race for top 4 is probably harder than ours. Each year it seems to change. They already seem to be putting pressure on him, making him the guy to get them over the line for top4. Sounds biased but I would rather seen him develop with Pep who should have a little more security and he would have less pressure on him to be THE guy right now as there will be plenty of help around him with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.