Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries mate it doesn't sound arsey.

I agree with you but that is the standard of player Pep will probably want to play in attacking positions. Robben and Ribery are perfect for what he wants a wide man to do, although both are injury prone. Douglas Costa can do it all. Coman is a bit rawer and i think he's a better fit for the type of winger who goes on the outside instead of cutting in.

I've no problem with us looking at Sane, my issue is with us spending £60m on a player who is so raw. We have spent a combined £100m (when you factor in add ons) on Mangala and Sterling who are two of the rawest players you will ever see. Neither have consistently shown that they have the capability of even improving us as a team, let alone going on to be world class.

Sane is a good young player, and like most young players will go through dips, like he did after xmas this year. To me, a £60m player should be the finished article, not a prospect. I know it's not my money, but i would like to see us be a bit smarter in the market. £60m is Griezman money. With the money invested by the club, surely we should be spotting the next Douglas Costa's of the world, plying their trade in the lesser known leagues, rather than risking huge sums on young players who may or may not end up improving us.

I'm not saying Sane isn't decent, but from what i've seen of him, he's very raw and inconsistent. We already have enough inconsistency in our squad as it is. I'd see the logic if it was a £20m gamble, but not at triple that.

Transfer fees in general are just getting fucking ridiculous.

I'll defend Navas here although I'm not his biggest fan. His crosses often looked bad because there was no one to cross to. Last year we didn't get near enough people in the box.
This. His only target is Aguero who is usually waiting outside the box. I actually think Navas does ok in those positions in that he wins an insane amount of corners which lead to better chances (Aguero against 5 defenders vs Ota, Ferns, Mangler, Vinnie, Yaya against their defence)

Sorry mate, didn't realise. It's still £45m which is a lot for somebody who's only got one season under their belt. A promising but fairly inconsistent one at that.
Not the same as Renato Sanches that the rags have just bought?

Oh wait, that was Bayern :)

Schalke attacking midfielder Leroy Sane is not thinking about his club future until after Euro 2016.

The 20-year-old, who is in Germany's 27-man preliminary squad, has been linked to Bayern Munich and Manchester City.

"I am here with a goal in mind and that is to be in the final Euro squad. I have not thought about any of this.

"I will see what happens on 31 May [squad deadline]. I still have a contract at Schalke and I feel well there. Everything else is in the background at the moment and my focus is on the Euro."

No worries mate it doesn't sound arsey.

I agree with you but that is the standard of player Pep will probably want to play in attacking positions. Robben and Ribery are perfect for what he wants a wide man to do, although both are injury prone. Douglas Costa can do it all. Coman is a bit rawer and i think he's a better fit for the type of winger who goes on the outside instead of cutting in.
I've no problem with us looking at Sane,
my issue is with us spending £60m on a player who is so raw. We have spent a combined £100m (when you factor in add ons) on Mangala and Sterling who are two of the rawest players you will ever see. Neither have consistently shown that they have the capability of even improving us as a team, let alone going on to be world class.
Sane is a good young player, and like most young players will go through dips, like he did after xmas this year. To me, a £60m player should be the finished article, not a prospect. I know it's not my money, but i would like to see us be a bit smarter in the market. £60m is Griezman money. With the money invested by the
club, surely we should be spotting the next Douglas Costa's of the world, plying their trade in the lesser known leagues, rather than risking huge sums on young players who may or may not end up improving us.
I'm not saying Sane isn't decent, but from what i've seen of him, he's very raw and
inconsistent. We already have enough inconsistency in our squad as it is. I'd see the logic if it was a £20m gamble, but not at triple that.
good post. If we cannot get Griezmann, id rather we go for Mahrez rather than Sane tbh

Id love to have Sane and Sterling on each flank under Pep. Material for 10+ years. See Sterling in the right mind, hes great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.