Leroy Sané

Leaves City to play for Germany but doesn't play for Germany (well briefly). Undoubtably Sane has (had) all the physical attributes and was technically gifted. I'll always be thankful for his goal v Liverpool but let's look at his weakness.
  1. Difficulties in playing out of comfort zone
  2. Mentally weak
  3. Easily manipulated
  4. Lacks courage
  5. Small heart
  6. Not willing to fight
  7. Mummy's boy
  8. Bizarrely lacked confidence
  9. Suffered a major knee injury
  10. Lazy

I don't think he could take Pep's intensity either, needs to be a special type of person to take it.

I can't remember the game, but he came on as sub mid second half, we were struggling against whoever it was, obviously had instructions from Pep, within minutes Pep was blasting him from the sidelines, and it looked like he just hid, rather than buck up and do what was asked, he was very lucky to stay on.

It's easy to call "lazy", but I never thought that, on it he was sensational, but off it, I often thought he tried too hard, and it made him lose confidence, and he just couldn't relax into carry on doing what is right.

Threads like these should make you appreciate Pep, and to a lesser extent Southgate.

After EURO 2016 it's reported that Pep goes out of his way to cheer up Sterling, who'd apparently been particularly down. Specifically because the entire nation was in agreement that Sterling was shit and had no place in the national team.

But Pep trusted Sterling, and so did Southgate. Despite all the questioning, they backed the player and kept picking him. By 2017 Pep was vindicated, and you can argue that since late 2018 Southgate has been too. Even at later dates with him being questioned, both managers have always stuck by him.

Sané at times seems like he has been hung out to dry though. People call for him to be dropped and he's dropped. I'm not saying he's unsupported, but it kind of feels like he's been given up on at times. It's probably to do with the culture of playing for Germany or a prestigious club like Bayern, but I don't think there's that interest in catering to his needs as much. His football is depressing, it's just so uninspired. I really feel this is how Sterling would have turned out without the backing.

I'm sure there are more individualistic factors, but a guy like Sané should be better. Even at his worst times for us in 18/19 he was still MIGHTILY productive.

Shit happens when u try to turn a LW to a RW just because he is left-footed. And not only that he’s the scapegoat for everything so ofc his form dropped. I remember some article when he bought an outfit for 20k. Everyone in Germany was talking bout it. Should‘ve never left imo.

Last edited:
Suit happens when u try to turn a LW to a RW just because he is left-footed. And not only that he’s the scapegoat for everything so ofc his form dropped. I remember some article when he bought an outfit for 20k. Everyone in Germany was talking bout it. Should‘ve never left imo.
He bought a suit for 20k after being converted to rw?

Leaves City to play for Germany but doesn't play for Germany (well briefly). Undoubtably Sane has (had) all the physical attributes and was technically gifted. I'll always be thankful for his goal v Liverpool but let's look at his weakness.
  1. Difficulties in playing out of comfort zone
  2. Mentally weak
  3. Easily manipulated
  4. Lacks courage
  5. Small heart
  6. Not willing to fight
  7. Mummy's boy
  8. Bizarrely lacked confidence
  9. Suffered a major knee injury
  10. Lazy
But other than that......

Perhaps he just thought life would be so much easier in a one team league? It would certainly be simpler than coping with Pep's intensity all the time.
That intensity has made us the best team in the country by a mile over the past five years, but I'm not sure all players (even very talented ones) can respond to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.