Leroy Sané

Would you have Sane back?

• Total voters
we’ll see. I think we’ll be lucky to get 35m and that It’ll probably be from an Italian team.
I can’t see him accepting a rotational role and I can’t see Bayern wanting to keep him anyway.

I don’t think we are disagreeing - I literally said on the previous page I think we will be lucky to get £25m for him.

Regardless we both agree that there is no way he’s stepping foot back in the building next season so it’ll be a case of scraping out whatever we can get and the taking the hit

I don’t think we are disagreeing - I literally said on the previous page I think we will be lucky to get £25m for him.

Regardless we both agree that there is no way he’s stepping foot back in the building next season so it’ll be a case of scraping out whatever we can get and the taking the hit
Sorry mate, I didn't see that. A few Friday night pops..

Agreed. He's done and dusted.

IMO Too many posters in here are fondly remembering the future potential he was showing with us and forgetting that the actual magic moments (as excruciatingly beautiful as they were to see at the time) were too few and too far between.

I think you're misremembering things.

As frustrating as he was at time, he did far, far more good than bad here.

There's a reason he had thousands and thousands of people chanting his name and trying to convince him to stay during his last title parade and it certainly wasn't nostalgia.

I think you're misremembering things.

As frustrating as he was at time, he did far, far more good than bad here.

There's a reason he had thousands and thousands of people chanting his name and trying to convince him to stay during his last title parade and it certainly wasn't nostalgia.

No I agree that he was much loved, very good for his age and looked good going forward a lot of the time.
He also had frustrating games where he was sulky and wasn’t effective, which was to be expected from such a young talent, and looking at his trajectory it seemed that he was destined to become a stand out for his generation.

My point is that he didn’t kick on, he kept his blowing hot & cold flaws, he didn’t build on his talents, he never reached anything like the heights we hoped for and expected.
Now he’s a 27 year old with the same flaws he had when with us and maybe a few new one’s.

He played 90 games for us and scored 25 goals O.28 goals a game, in his 90 games for Bayern he’s scored 20 goals 0.22 goals a game. In an easier league he’s now scoring less and it’s plain to see that his effectiveness has not just stalled, it’s gone backwards.

If he’d ever reached his promise then yes, I’d have wanted the sulky speedster back but he hasn’t and now, at his age, won’t.

I’m not misremembering anything mate, I’m remembering what was, what we hoped for and what actually came about. What came about isn’t what we wished for and if you think it through then I recon you’ll come to that conclusion.

PS. I also loved Balotelli but he didn’t build on his very obvious talent and I wouldn’t want him back either.

He played 90 games for us and scored 25 goals O.28 goals a game, in his 90 games for Bayern he’s scored 20 goals 0.22 goals a game. In an easier league he’s now scoring less and it’s plain to see that his effectiveness has not just stalled, it’s gone backwards.
Mate, back then Sané had David Silva & Kevin DeBruyné supplying the ammo. It's no surprise he had a higher scoring ratio.

Leroy was a creative, goal scoring left winger with a better than one in four goal ratio. Considering his young age & he was in a foreign country, his figures for City ain't half bad.

I wonder what his total goal involvement figures were?

Mate, back then Sané had David Silva & Kevin DeBruyné supplying the ammo. It's no surprise he had a higher scoring ratio.

Leroy was a creative, goal scoring left winger with a better than one in four goal ratio. Considering his young age & he was in a foreign country, his figures for City ain't half bad.

Yes he was playing with terrific talent around him at City, but IMO he was a great talent for his age and a terrific prospect in his own right.
With his speed and ability to poke a shot at goal without breaking stride I recon that he ‘d have got 1 in 4 in any side back in the day, and maybe more in a lesser side which teams didn’t defend so deep against, where he had more space to run into and where he was more of a focus.

But we’re not back in the day anymore, he‘s playing for Bayern who are the dominant force in a much weaker league and his scoring ratio has dipped in circumstances where it should have improved.
And he still sulks & moans and pisses his team mates off.

Did I think he was the bees knees in a blue shirt as an emerging talent, absolutely.
Would I want him back here now that his potential has diminished but with his disruptive attitude and his not being arsed every other week still as strong as it ever was?
Nope.

images (32).jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.