Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him but why is he constantly being played at wing back when he should be in the front three?

We could have played 3-4-3 last night with the same XI that started the game but Sane and Nolito behind Iheanacho, Maffeo and Clichy as wing backs and Zabba in the 3 man defence.

Sane spends too much time on the edge of his own box instead of near the opposition's when he gets played at wing back. Wasting his threat.

Agree. He's shown some flashes of a really exciting talent. There's something reminiscent of SWP in the way he bursts past defenders and if his finishing comes close to matching the little legend's then we'll have some player.

Him on one wing, Roberts on the other and Jesus in the middle. Move over MSN, SRJ are coming to town.

I can see the overload on wingers that Pep likes, the key is the drop off in supposed class... A collective of sane, sterling, Jesus and one more (not sure Roberts will be up to it).. affords us the ability to rest at key times!

Id like to see us use him more. Spent long spells on the touchline (as instructed) but didn't always get the ball when he should have.

I thought the first 45 minutes against Everton he was fantastic. Pep moved him to the other wing in the 2nd half and he was ineffectual.

Looks like he can commit a man and go past him, good pace, but needs time to adapt to the physicality.

Stank the place out against Utd in the Cup and needs to develop more consistency, but he needs games.

He's still very young and will be a fantastic player in time.

I don't think it was Pep mate, teams always swap sides at half time....

Top marks to Nolito last night for encouraging Leroy every time he fucked up the final ball. I get frustrated seeing senior players throw their arms about because they didn't receive the perfect pass. You could see it was helping his confidence that Nolito was acknowledging when Sane had the right idea, even if the execution wasn't quite there.

Fuck what some no mark gobshites say on Twitter and fuck those tabloid ****s who read BBC text updates rather than matches; he's been the most exciting part of the last two games and you can see there's an absolute mountain of potential right beneath the surface.
If not for his sometimes hot headed petulance, he is by a very comfortable margin my favorite City player.

Agree. He's shown some flashes of a really exciting talent. There's something reminiscent of SWP in the way he bursts past defenders and if his finishing comes close to matching the little legend's then we'll have some player.

Him on one wing, Roberts on the other and Jesus in the middle. Move over MSN, SRJ are coming to town.
Saw SWP on Saturday with a youngish lad with him in city tracksuit and wright 42 on his bag ,so guessing his son is in our academy ?

i thought at points during the game yesterday that he was our best player on the pitch.
you can definitely see the talent is there and all he needs is more game time.

i thought at points during the game yesterday that he was our best player on the pitch.
you can definitely see the talent is there and all he needs is more game time.

I'd play him against Watford next week. Home games best for him to get going I think. Sterling likely to be back Sat I would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.