Leroy Sane - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His numbers this season are really good. He has the best goals + assists per 90 in the premier league this season, just edging out Salah and Aguero.

Slightly getting pissed off seeing Pep subbing him off whenever it is not going for us. In the atmosphere like tonight, he's one of the very few you could expect to pull something from the hat and bring us back to the game. He was not great but his sub is starting to be some pattern in games like this and I'd be pissed off on his place.

This guy will be one of the first to leave our beautiful ship,desperately hope he isn't, but can see he might be one to make a decision soon about where his future lies,and I don't think he will choose us

Hope to see Sané against Everton tomorrow. He is a joy to watch and deserves to start all games.

About his position, don't you guys think he could really reach his next level by starting to play more on the right flank? I cannot understand why Pep is not moving him to the right. I know that he always played Robben/Ribery on right/left, using their strong feet to cut inside. This season we've seen Sterling start a few games on the left which I really like. But Sané has barely been playing on the right wing which is very surprising to me. He has such a great left foot and strong shot, and I feel he would come to goal scoring opportunities more often. Usually when he dribbles passed a defender on the left side, he wants to cut inside, turning into his weaker right. The benefits of him playing left is his great crossing but I feel he could really shine on the other side. Just imagine Mohamed Salah on the left side for Liverpool. He probably would have scored fewer goals from there.

Hope to see Sané against Everton tomorrow. He is a joy to watch and deserves to start all games.

About his position, don't you guys think he could really reach his next level by starting to play more on the right flank? I cannot understand why Pep is not moving him to the right. I know that he always played Robben/Ribery on right/left, using their strong feet to cut inside. This season we've seen Sterling start a few games on the left which I really like. But Sané has barely been playing on the right wing which is very surprising to me. He has such a great left foot and strong shot, and I feel he would come to goal scoring opportunities more often. Usually when he dribbles passed a defender on the left side, he wants to cut inside, turning into his weaker right. The benefits of him playing left is his great crossing but I feel he could really shine on the other side. Just imagine Mohamed Salah on the left side for Liverpool. He probably would have scored fewer goals from there.
I agree entirely. We saw a snippet of something when we played United away last year, with Sterling central and Jesus and Sané on the left and right respectively.

I just think not having a proper left back has been affecting things for so long. Sané wasn't really featuring regularly until round about the time Mendy got injured. I just think that when Mendy comes back (or next season when hopefully we have an actual backup) we're going to see a lot more flexibility as far as wide positions are concerned. Hopefully that includes Sané on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.