Leroy Sane - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Pep was happy tonight, when the sub was made he completely blanked him, walked to the far end of the technical area and had his back to him.

I thought he was a bit selfish tonight, though great run for the first goal, he did give the ball away easily though.
I’d be surprised if pep was pissed if with him. He tracked traore twice in quick succession and put in a great defensive shift when required. His assist was superb.

I’d be surprised if pep was pissed if with him. He tracked traore twice in quick succession and put in a great defensive shift when required. His assist was superb.
Yeah, I thought he was one of our best players today. Pep's an odd one though - it might have been some little, specific thing he told him to do at half-time that we wouldn't necessarily even notice as fans.

Sane can be exceptionally good when he has the ball and will track back, though he does so with greater gusto when he himself has lost the ball. If you watch the opening period, however, you'll see that he can be defensively lax. At throw-ins, for example, he regularly lets his man wander free and looks half-hearted when challenging in the air. He also needs to work on his first touch when balls are played over the defensive line; I would say there is probably a 1 in 3 chance of him taking the ball cleanly.

As I say, at times exceptional, but very much a work in progress. One thing that would help would be for him to face a proper challenge to his position, with Mahrez looking uncomfortable and Sterling looking less effective on the left. Ironically, the greatest challenge Sane faces is from Mendy, but that's a whole different thread in itself. :-)

Don't think Pep was happy tonight, when the sub was made he completely blanked him, walked to the far end of the technical area and had his back to him.

I thought he was a bit selfish tonight, though great run for the first goal, he did give the ball away easily though.

I noticed that too, but have noticed it a couple of times recently between Sane and Pep. I wonder if an issue between the two. Hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.