Les Chapman - Tales of Blue

We went after who he asked for. He handed his notice in the day after the QPR game and got a new contract, even though the club already knew there was likely to be a showdown over Soriano/Begiristain.

Not sure what else we could have done for him. In hindsight it would have been better to accept his notice, thank him for his service and move on.

This is the sort of hysterical post that both puzzles and amuses me. Yes, he was certainly an important manager but definitely not the most important in our history. Probably top five though I'll grant you. But he was also a Grade A ****. I don't think anyone imagines he was Mr Sweetness & Light.

And people make it sound like it was a duel to the death between Mancini and Chappie, which involved Chappie ousting Mancini. Mancini's fate didn't rest on not saying good morning to people. The club bent over backward to try to appease him but he was an employee who wouldn't follow his employer's instructions. None of us would last long in a job under those circumstances. His sacking was inevitable, not disgraceful.
Why don't you try and give him the credit he was due. Just for once?

People will always have different opinions, but for me Mancini started the roller coaster we have all enjoyed, I will never ever forget the countdown of that fucking banner, and him standing up to that twat Fergie, no other Manager had the balls to do that. God bless Roberto Mancini,thank you for the memories which I will cherish forever.

Why don't you try and give him the credit he was due. Just for once?
I've done that in numerous posts. He was a great manager, just what we needed. But he was always going to have a short shelf-life and he, and only he, was the architect of his own downfall.

Why don't you give some credit to Chappie, who was popular with, and respected by, our players? He served the club faithfully for years. You've never met him, or spoken to anyone at the club about him but here's what you said:
The good news is that this thread has finally shown up Chapman for what he was / is. A total buffoon of a man with a very high self inflated ego of himself. A rag who grassed on the players by selling the club and the players he worked with on a daily basis down the river for monetary gain to the newspapers. A man who was distraught at the Augerooo goal and wanted us blow the title and all of the history it brought the club on that day even though City employed him for years and paid his wages. In other words a total shithouse of a man who should have never been anywhere near our club. Thanks to City_Shirts for bringing it out into the open.

I remember this forum around the time of his disgraceful sacking. There were a sizeable minority of people who hated Mancini. Genuine loathing that pored from all their posts. Loathing for a man that had turned us into winners after generations of abject, comedic, failure. Mark Hughes was better thought of by some than the man who performed miracles with this club. Mark Hughes.

Around Mancini's departure the forum became somewhat toxic, if not at times unreadable. I wouldn't say there were a lot of people who wanted Mancini gone, but the same small group of posters would argue with and shoot down any posts that contained positive feelings towards the departing manager. If that's the anger Mancini made some feel, I wonder what this forum would have been like in the days of Ball and Clark!

It's a shame both Mancini's arrival and departure were handled so poorly by the club. What he did for the club in terms of dragging us from where Hughes had us, to top of the tree, was game-changing for our "project". As with most things it was never going to last forever and change was needed to kick on further, but in my lifetime he's in the top three most influential managers to be at the club along with Joe Royle and Pep.

The good news is that this thread has finally shown up Chapman for what he was / is. A total buffoon of a man with a very high self inflated ego of himself. A rag who grassed on the players by selling the club and the players he worked with on a daily basis down the river for monetary gain to the newspapers. A man who was distraught at the Augerooo goal and wanted us blow the title and all of the history it brought the club on that day even though City employed him for years and paid his wages. In other words a total shithouse of a man who should have never been anywhere near our club. Thanks to City_Shirts for bringing it out into the open.
Nail head poty

Reactions: PPT
People will always have different opinions, but for me Mancini started the roller coaster we have all enjoyed, I will never ever forget the countdown of that fucking banner, and him standing up to that twat Fergie, no other Manager had the balls to do that. God bless Roberto Mancini,thank you for the memories which I will cherish forever.
Top post mate

I've done that in numerous posts. He was a great manager, just what we needed. But he was always going to have a short shelf-life and he, and only he, was the architect of his own downfall.

Why don't you give some credit to Chappie, who was popular with, and respected by, our players? He served the club faithfully for years. You've never met him, or spoken to anyone at the club about him but here's what you said:
Chappy may well have been popular as you say, however I did speak to him directly at a small venue in Saddleworth, where he did the ‘between you and me’ line….He was paid by the club so had to tow the line, however he’s a rag twat who was a bad apple and a **** to boot. No credit from me, makes him a sad twat and an expert manipulator in my book.

Wish the club had fucked him off a long time before, better late than never.

He really wasn't. He wanted De Rossi & van Persie but the former didn't want to move and the latter was pretty well signed but Mancini was told he'd have to sell Balotelli or Dzeko to accommodate him. We had an offer for Balotelli but Mancini wouldn't agree to let him go. That's how pig-headed he was.

Whether we should have made the second-rate signings we made is another question entirely, but we didn't stitch Mancini up.
He was stitched up like a kipper.
Mancini knew that he needed 2/3 top signings to move the team on.
The “Footballing Directors” gave him Scott Sinclair, Jack Rodwell and Maicon.
Like a kipper.

The two issues with Mancini that led to his sacking were (a) his refusal to work collaboratively with a DoF and (b) complaints from many of his players.

Neither of those are a problem for Pep, which is why he's extended his contract again.
Complaints from the players: “Please don’t help me win the league again “

This is the sort of hysterical post that both puzzles and amuses me. Yes, he was certainly an important manager but definitely not the most important in our history. Probably top five though I'll grant you. But he was also a Grade A ****. I don't think anyone imagines he was Mr Sweetness & Light.

And people make it sound like it was a duel to the death between Mancini and Chappie, which involved Chappie ousting Mancini. Mancini's fate didn't rest on not saying good morning to people. The club bent over backward to try to appease him but he was an employee who wouldn't follow his employer's instructions. None of us would last long in a job under those circumstances. His sacking was inevitable, not disgraceful.
He was “a grade A ****”.
I’m guessing you spoke or met him at least....never. Or once at the very most.
Come on, give us the full in depth details that make you so embittered to him.
“A grade A ****”...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.