Les Chapman - Tales of Blue

He wasn't, as much as he had been a good mate of Khladoon's even before coming to City. I suspect that was the only thing that kept him in place long after patience with someone else might have run out.
I wonder if part of Mancini’s gripe with Marwood was simply to do with ability, ie, Mancini was from the top footballing echelons, Marwood was good, but nothing special. Mancini probably thought, “What the fuck can you tell me about football? Now do your job and go get me the 2/3 players we need to keep evolving”
“Scott Who?”

Hence Bobby was moved on. He was never going to win an argument with Khaldoon.

Or Soriano, but Mancini being an emotional, explosive Italian it was always guaranteed to happen as soon as Soriano walked through the door. It was inevitable but I don't blame either of them, tbh.

I met Les shortly after the title win in 2012. He’s a fucking fifth columnist. In his own words to me ‘Fergie would have won the title in 2012 by 20 points managing City with the team we had, Mancini is the luckiest bastard walking the earth’ enough said. Utter twat, biting the hand that feeds him, glad to see him ousted. I couldn’t believe he had employment with us being so anti-City the comedy bullshit was about his level.

Like all ‘tales’ it’s a case, usually, of 6 of one half a dozen of the other and is based on how you personally perceive the person/people involved.

For example I personally (no pun intended) think Mancini was a great bloke/manager who did what he promised and tore down that offensive banner and apparently later offended people within the club hierarchy. (Because whatever you think PB there is a hierarchy and Khaldoon Al Mubarak leads the Manchester City side and the other people you mentioned work under his guidance. Without a leader it would just be chaos.) Roberto Mancini has my respect for what he did for our (Manchester City fans) morale and confidence.

Les Chapman I have met quite a few times over the years both at the Carrington complex and at the Etihad and we have had conversations about players and fans but never managers. He has always been circumspect in that respect, possibly because I have never asked those sort of questions. That’s not my way. If I was a reporter that would be different. So I also respect Chappy and feel that, as I said in my first paragraph, it’s six of one and half a dozen of another.
Chappy having been with the club for many years, possibly felt that he knew more than Roberto with regard to the players. Whereas Roberto, felt maybe, that Chappy was either interfering or had too much to say.

We, as outsiders, will never really know the whole story. So my take is that it is now history and I shall continue to ‘live and let live’ and admire and respect both for being great ‘servants’ for the Best club and team in the land and all the world.

JMHO :-) :-)

Like all ‘tales’ it’s a case, usually, of 6 of one half a dozen of the other and is based on how you personally perceive the person/people involved.

For example I personally (no pun intended) think Mancini was a great bloke/manager who did what he promised and tore down that offensive banner and apparently later offended people within the club hierarchy. (Because whatever you think PB there is a hierarchy and Khaldoon Al Mubarak leads the Manchester City side and the other people you mentioned work under his guidance. Without a leader it would just be chaos.) Roberto Mancini has my respect for what he did for our (Manchester City fans) morale and confidence.

Les Chapman I have met quite a few times over the years both at the Carrington complex and at the Etihad and we have had conversations about players and fans but never managers. He has always been circumspect in that respect, possibly because I have never asked those sort of questions. That’s not my way. If I was a reporter that would be different. So I also respect Chappy and feel that, as I said in my first paragraph, it’s six of one and half a dozen of another.
Chappy having been with the club for many years, possibly felt that he knew more than Roberto with regard to the players. Whereas Roberto, felt maybe, that Chappy was either interfering or had too much to say.

We, as outsiders, will never really know the whole story. So my take is that it is now history and I shall continue to ‘live and let live’ and admire and respect both for being great ‘servants’ for the Best club and team in the land and all the world.

So the sock washer with the over sized, self inflated ego thought he new more about the players than the manager Then gets his nose put out of place when the manager fucks him off? Well who would have thought. Bobby probably watched his silly, childish attempts at comedy and thought who the fuck is this idiot in my dressing room and why does he have so much to say for himself? I think most other professional managers would have done the same. No wonder we were a comedy club before the takeover as most of the staff thought they were comedians.

Three sides to every story: yours, mine, and the truth.

So the sock washer with the over sized, self inflated ego thought he new more about the players than the manager Then gets his nose put out of place when the manager fucks him off? Well who would have thought. Bobby probably watched his silly, childish attempts at comedy and thought who the fuck is this idiot in my dressing room and why does he have so much to say for himself? I think most other professional managers would have done the same. No wonder we were a comedy club before the takeover as most of the staff thought they were comedians.

I can’t imagine Pep standing for it either tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.