Lescott and Garcia Partnership

Cobwebcat said:
Lescott is a great defender except when played next to Garcia.

If he was he would have cleared the cross for Cardiff's first goal. Horrible footballer and his defending just doesn't make up for it. No wonder Lescott isn't being offered a new contract. The only bad thing is that he might go for free and not a fee.

blueonblue said:
Sorry joberg, but the last thing you could accuse Lescott of is "Being a good defender", a shocking lack of pace and complete lack of any mental speed means he`s a wide open door, and even in a straight 1 on 1 he gets out muscled by smaller players.

I dread to see his name on any team sheet because he is a disaster waiting to happen, overrated and overpriced when we got him and the sooner he`s moved out the better off we will be.

As correct now as it was when some muppet bought him.................

ANY1aBLUE said:
blueonblue said:
Sorry joberg, but the last thing you could accuse Lescott of is "Being a good defender", a shocking lack of pace and complete lack of any mental speed means he`s a wide open door, and even in a straight 1 on 1 he gets out muscled by smaller players.

I dread to see his name on any team sheet because he is a disaster waiting to happen, overrated and overpriced when we got him and the sooner he`s moved out the better off we will be.

As correct now as it was when some muppet bought him.................
Well it would be had he not been performing to a decent standard, then outstanding in our league winning season. By no means is he our best centre back and whenever Vinny and Nasty are fit they should be first choice pairing everytime. To make out Lescott is poor is wrong on pretty much every level bar his passing which still worries me.

taconinja said:
Ah, I had misunderstood. I can see the value in him as 4th choice with bringing in another defender willing to take charge.
my main concern is who the hell are we going to sign. It's pretty clear that when Kompany is out we lack both genuine pace (which we need if we are going to push up so far) and leadership at the back. I'm not sure how many defenders are available with both those attributes and clearly it's going to cost a fortune. If we buy another slow centre back or one who can't organise things then we will basically still be in the position where it is a catastrophe when Vinnie is out.

Lancet Fluke said:
taconinja said:
Ah, I had misunderstood. I can see the value in him as 4th choice with bringing in another defender willing to take charge.
my main concern is who the hell are we going to sign. It's pretty clear that when Kompany is out we lack both genuine pace (which we need if we are going to push up so far) and leadership at the back. I'm not sure how many defenders are available with both those attributes and clearly it's going to cost a fortune. If we buy another slow centre back or one who can't organise things then we will basically still be in the position where it is a catastrophe when Vinnie is out.
It might be heresy but the speed doesn't bother me as much as someone taking charge.

Having a go at Lescott and Garcia is completely missing the point. Infact, picking out scapegoats just shows a lack of intelligence.

With the amount of world class talent on the field, Cardiff City should not have been anywhere near our goal. They should have been fighting to get out of their own half, and defending their penalty area as wave after wave of goals poured into their net.

This is championship cannon fodder, and they should have been twatted into next week. Lescott, Garcia and Joe should have been sunbathing and discussing which Deansgate slags would get a game.

FACT

grim up north said:
Cobwebcat said:
CTID101 said:
What a load of rubbish.
Can't pass? 90%+ easily pass completion. Not all of them inside 10 yards like Lescott either.
Doesn't even look good in the air? Won every single header that I can remember, one of his main attributes is his ability in the air. The only player who looked half threatening and won a header from our corners as well.

I can't wait for Garcia to either prove people wrong playing for us or when he goes and plays elsewhere.
Look at Savic, torn to pieces on here. Now an integral part of the Fiorentina defence and putting in performance after performance.

Shameful how people on here consistently criticize even if there is no reason.

Garcia made one mistake that I can recall when he mistimed a back header to Hart who raced off his line to stop Campbell. For someone who isn't primarily a CB nor someone who has had a consistent run of being in that position he put in a good performance.

Fucking hell what were you watching? We would have been two down at half time if it weren't for Lescott and Hart clearing up his mess. We agree on one thing I can't wait for him to go either but I don't care how he does elsewhere.

We lost 3-2 due to other people's fuck ups

Its amazing how different peoples opinions are on Bluemoon! - In my view, Garcia is just not a good player, he is so slow and has such bad positional sense, he lacks confidence yes, but, he seems to have no passion or desire, and no work rate. If your having a bad game the least you can do is work hard, Garcia doesn't even do that! Yes we lost because the whole team didn't perform, but when your back 4 has a leaderless (and to be fair, sometimes clueless) middle pairing your always going to be vulnerable. Cardiff had 6 shots on target and scored 3 of them. I think we all know what we need at the back. Pellers sold Garcia as soon as he took over at Madrid, strange that he plays him now, and out of position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.