Lescott and Kompany

MonsallBlue said:
I think if these 2 play with Richards at right back , we can beat stoke and their ariel game on Weds

Agreed. I would also go for Ade and RSC to add more aerial threat

johnny crossan said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Oh dear....

and if Benayoun had gone down for his penalty, as 90% of forwards would have, and we lost - I think "oh dear" would have not quite captured the moment. There are some errors of judgement that define a player's ability, that was one. Just because Benayoun stayed on his feet doesn't mean that Kompany doesn't get called to account, earlier he jumped under the ball at a corner and Skirtel could have easily scored. I agree Toure's form is also suspect but we also have Micah and Ned remember.

So, in your perfect world no CB ever makes a mistake and will never miss a header or make an ill-timed tackle in the box - the only 2 errors I think he made all game.

Let me know when you've identified this mythical player and we can recommend City buy him...........

I am very happy with this pairing. But I feel too many on here have written Toure off and I really cant see why, he is a top player for me.

I know I am going off topic but I would like to see either NDJ or Barry rested once in a while and VK or Zab to provide a bit more running and passion in our midfield; remember the Hamburg match at home??

bluemoondays said:
johnny crossan said:
and if Benayoun had gone down for his penalty, as 90% of forwards would have, and we lost - I think "oh dear" would have not quite captured the moment. There are some errors of judgement that define a player's ability, that was one. Just because Benayoun stayed on his feet doesn't mean that Kompany doesn't get called to account, earlier he jumped under the ball at a corner and Skirtel could have easily scored. I agree Toure's form is also suspect but we also have Micah and Ned remember.

So, in your perfect world no CB ever makes a mistake and will never miss a header or make an ill-timed tackle in the box - the only 2 errors I think he made all game.

Let me know when you've identified this mythical player and we can recommend City buy him...........

this is of course the best of all possible worlds.
Kompany had a major piece of luck yesterday, he needs to learn that reckless lunges like that are just not acceptable, I don't think Lescott, Micah, Ned, Boyata or even Toure would have been so utterly stupid.

Fanzone Danny said:
Blue Coop said:
the same topic is around somewhere, but i agree, perhaps Toure in a right back position.

I give our best back 4 as:

Bridge -----Lescott -----Kompany -----Toure

On Blue Tuesday last week and not mant seemed impressed but I think it could be a winner!

What about Zabs?? i has been our best player as late????

As everyone forgotten Zabs?? he is in good form. I wouldnt put " soft **** " back in the side, we look dodgy every time a ball comes in when toure plays. Kompany and Lescott looked good, but they didn't have to mark a fit torres all game. Kuyt Didn't do anything all game. Im dredding the spurs match defoe with his pace and couch in the air. I think we need and top centre half in the summer. Ireland has struggled with his game since hughes got sacked, and dont forget he has been injured. Stoke away will be hard, but i think we will win, see you lot there!!!!

Balti said:
We have found the right pairing at last

I've been waiting for this all season, now we have it and really hope they remain together with no suspensions or injuries until the end of the season, this could be the difference between 4th and 6th!!

VK captain and JL = a bright future!!!

bluemoondays said:
johnny crossan said:

Hate him or not, the best centre back in the world made a complete howler on Sat at Molleneux and allowed a one-on-one with a Wolves striker and Cech - Cech saved brilliantly! it happens to the best!

johnny crossan said:
bluemoondays said:

this is of course the best of all possible worlds.
Kompany had a major piece of luck yesterday, he needs to learn that reckless lunges like that are just not acceptable, I don't think Lescott, Micah, Ned, Boyata or even Toure would have been so utterly stupid.

He's just 24! he'll definately learn!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.