Lescott Interview in the Guardian

intelligent conversation, the only disappointment for me was lack of coaching from roberto( he does not give his reasons) . getting the best from staff should be priority for every manager be it in an office or football club. Anyway good luck to the big fellah been a model pro for us

I like Joleon a lot and hes been cracking for us since he settled in. I have a feeling he's going to have to move for regular footy though, its unfortunate for him that we just might have a potential top 3 in the world centre half on our hands who is only 20 years old.

We have far too many injuries/suspensions to let a centre-back go .... the club look willing to let Kolo go , and Micah Richards , another possible deputy for the role , is rarely fit himself.

Joleon Lescott is a very good defender , and one who chips in with the odd goal .... he's a little left-sided maybe , but he's too good to let go all the same.

I still remain unconvinced that Vincent Kompanys injury has gone for good , and he probably goes into games wondering how long things will last ...

Having said that there's little any manager can do if a player himself is making 'unsettled' noises , and wants regular first team starts to boost his international prospects .... but you're always gonna encounter things like that with squad systems.

Would rather keep Lescott than Kolo Toure, both have been good servants, but there will be tussles in the EPL when you need that extra physical presence and ability in the air that he offers.

However, no such player will be guaranteed a start, though we should surely have more cup fixtures next season. Lescott might also want to consider the fate of Richards. He played more games last season, yet he was been completely overlooked at the national level, so playing weekly means little if the manager just doesn't fancy you. It might be wise to clarify that before looking for pastures new.

black mamba said:
We have far too many injuries/suspensions to let a centre-back go .... and Micah Richards , a possible deputy for the role , is rarely fit himself.

Joleon Lescott is a very good defender , and one who chips in with the odd goal .... he's a little left-sided maybe , but he's too good to let go all the same.

I still remain unconvinced that Vincent Kompanys injury has gone for good , and he probably goes into games wondering how long things will last ...

Having said that there's little any manager can do if a player himself is making 'unsettled' noises , and wants regular first team starts to boost his international prospects .... but you're always gonna encounter things like that with squad systems.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=281970" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=281970</a>

I'm sure if he took a pay cut they would keep him. 90k a week for a 30+ defender under FFP is not workable. The Spanish guys will be looking to fill his slot with someone on @ 35k pw or less as per the Barca model.

Alas it's more about ££££ than how good he's been, or what top bloke he is

yayas trusty right foot said:
Good interview but i dont thi nk he has done himself any favours..
Yaya spit his dummy out and got a new contract, Lescott has been nothing but respectful in his interview.

Doesn't Lescott play LB too?

We'd be mad to get rid IMO. Always does the job and would be an England Regular if he played in Red..

Was there not a very horrid rumour going around that he may join the Rags? A user on here basically said he would piss a lot of people off or words to that effect, which could only have meant the Rags.

He'd be a certain shoe in for the England world cup squad if he did that anyhow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.