Lescott [Merged]

Re: Lescott

wrongun73 said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
sniff said:
Why are all Everton fans over the moon that they are second best, you finish 5th and 6th make a big fuss about it and then aspire to do the same again. You lot stay stuck in your rut whilst the rest of us move on,

With respect lads , It's comments like this ( not just sniffs ) that will turn people against City eventually .

Get one thing straight lads , you haven't done anything yet .

Yes , you have money . So do QPR , so do Sunderland etc etc .

What did you do with it in your first year ? Absolutely nothing . No silverware , no cup runs , no title , and no Europe .

So City are moving forward , whilst Everton are standing still ?

Last season , you finished 10th ........ 1 place worse than the previous season , and no European place , and no fair play award to get you there .

Meanwhile , Everton reached Wembley , having knocked out the 2 best sides in the Prem , with half a team . We successfully brought 2 youngsters into the picture along the way too . We secured 3 England places for our players , broke both personal records and FA records too , and yet again got ourselves into Europe .

Please cut the crap lads .
The way some of you go on , you think you are suddenly world beaters , big boys , expectant victors , and have expressed significant delusions of grandeur since being bought out , when the harsh reality is that nobody knows how things will unfold for Manchester City over the coming seasons , and you must earn respect and admiration ; not demand or expect it .

Slagging other teams off , and looking down on them as though they are inferior ( especially teams that are historically and recently more successful than yourselves ) is firstly misguided , and secondly disrespectful .

We're all looking forward to seeing how the new City ship floats , but perhaps test the ship out , before you declare it sea worthy and unsinkable . Otherwise , next season might be a very traumatic one for your fans if you build up your expectations too highly . :o)
i know where your coming from mate it winds me up when i see fellow blues telling every one were gonna take over the world in 6 mths. fucking stupidity, i do think we had a good cup run though in the UEFA, specially with the amount of games we played to get there.
not being in it this year will definately help us out as the squad was not big enough or good enough last year to cope with it all. anyway time will tell.

where did i say we was going to take over the world ?????? i made a valid point that 5th place is still nowhere( enlighten me if im wrong) but Everton fans seem to think that they are still a top club?? historycounts for nothing 13 years since your lot won anything anyway.

I just think our club is showing a little more ambition that being the best of the rest and happy type. and if any more fellow blues want to call me for that then fine.

There's not been too much direspect on here (you'll always get some - its football).

Of course when 'Darker Shade' takes the piss, it's banter, when a City fan hits back, out comes all the Everton fans claiming we're disrespecting them.

Everton do a top job every season (even if i hate the philosophy employed) it works, so who cares? We've now got a board who have the ability to steer us in the right direction.

Ticket For Schalke said:
ToffeeAndy said:
I love how you try and point our you spend pennys, Everton spend more than Arsenal usually, and they lose more quality when they sell a player. Everton have been spending for a while, but when we sold Sweep our club stood still for a few years. We still have a few windows to catch up with other sides imo!!!

Actually over the last few years we've spent a less then them (net) and have financed a lot of our purchases by selling players, or by paying on the drip.

My main point was actually to compare our spending to those attempting to catch us anyway i.e. City, Spurs and Newcastle who have all spent vast amounts of money and got nowhere. This was also in relation to a point a poster made about Everton having little money to spend, so comparing us to Arsenal isn't really relevant.

Take out Arshavin, you spent money on Yak,Fellani were as they lost Henry

Why take out Arshavin? You can't just remove someone from your argument to make to right lol!

Ticket For Schalke said:
ToffeeAndy said:
Why are all Everton fans over the moon that they are second best, you finish 5th and 6th make a big fuss about it and then aspire to do the same again. You lot stay stuck in your rut whilst the rest of us move on,

I was pointing out that football is a results business. No point in playing great footy and losing... ask Kevin Keegan!

I'd rather have finished where we have over the last 5 years and played shite football then played like Barcelona and finished in the bottom half of the table.

We aspire to break the top 4, but until that happens i'm happy to see our team finishing many points ahead of the teams that are spending crazy money just to try and catch us (City included).

I love how you try and point our you spend pennys, Everton spend more than Arsenal usually, and they lose more quality when they sell a player. Everton have been spending for a while, but when we sold Sweep our club stood still for a few years. We still have a few windows to catch up with other sides imo!!!

That's not very factual to be honest m8 .
If you look at the transfers of David Moyes , you'll see that he has released a lot of players , and our recent 'big' transfers have come off the back of sales for the most part .

Everton are a very humble club , lead by very humble and respectful people , and only the most bitter of rivals would deny that they are an example for other clubs to follow .

Everybody likes Everton football club for the right reasons , and they are probably the most well liked and respected club in the league where other fans are concerned .

I expect next year to be another good year for us :o)

i respect your opinion mate but i think you need to take off those dark blue tinted glasses. for a start i don't think every other fan likes or aspires for their own club to be playing the brand of football you play these days. unless you're a boro or bolton fan.

Ticket For Schalke said:
ToffeeAndy said:

I was pointing out that football is a results business. No point in playing great footy and losing... ask Kevin Keegan!

I'd rather have finished where we have over the last 5 years and played shite football then played like Barcelona and finished in the bottom half of the table.

We aspire to break the top 4, but until that happens i'm happy to see our team finishing many points ahead of the teams that are spending crazy money just to try and catch us (City included).

That's not very factual to be honest m8 .
If you look at the transfers of David Moyes , you'll see that he has released a lot of players , and our recent 'big' transfers have come off the back of sales for the most part .

Everton are a very humble club , lead by very humble and respectful people , and only the most bitter of rivals would deny that they are an example for other clubs to follow .

Everybody likes Everton football club for the right reasons , and they are probably the most well liked and respected club in the league where other fans are concerned .

I expect next year to be another good year for us :o)

It is factua though,Leighton Baines 6m, Jageilka 4m, Lescott 5m, Yakubu 12 m, Fellani 15m, Johnson 8.6m, Howard and Saha, so for just those players considering you "never spend money" that adds upto a good 65 mill over recent seasons. so cut the shit you have no money in markets.

sniff said:
wrongun73 said:
sniff said:

With respect lads , It's comments like this ( not just sniffs ) that will turn people against City eventually .

Get one thing straight lads , you haven't done anything yet .

Yes , you have money . So do QPR , so do Sunderland etc etc .

What did you do with it in your first year ? Absolutely nothing . No silverware , no cup runs , no title , and no Europe .

So City are moving forward , whilst Everton are standing still ?

Last season , you finished 10th ........ 1 place worse than the previous season , and no European place , and no fair play award to get you there .

Meanwhile , Everton reached Wembley , having knocked out the 2 best sides in the Prem , with half a team . We successfully brought 2 youngsters into the picture along the way too . We secured 3 England places for our players , broke both personal records and FA records too , and yet again got ourselves into Europe .

Please cut the crap lads .
The way some of you go on , you think you are suddenly world beaters , big boys , expectant victors , and have expressed significant delusions of grandeur since being bought out , when the harsh reality is that nobody knows how things will unfold for Manchester City over the coming seasons , and you must earn respect and admiration ; not demand or expect it .

Slagging other teams off , and looking down on them as though they are inferior ( especially teams that are historically and recently more successful than yourselves ) is firstly misguided , and secondly disrespectful .

We're all looking forward to seeing how the new City ship floats , but perhaps test the ship out , before you declare it sea worthy and unsinkable . Otherwise , next season might be a very traumatic one for your fans if you build up your expectations too highly . :o)
i know where your coming from mate it winds me up when i see fellow blues telling every one were gonna take over the world in 6 mths. fucking stupidity, i do think we had a good cup run though in the UEFA, specially with the amount of games we played to get there.
not being in it this year will definately help us out as the squad was not big enough or good enough last year to cope with it all. anyway time will tell.

where did i say we was going to take over the world ?????? i made a valid point that 5th place is still nowhere( enlighten me if im wrong) but Everton fans seem to think that they are still a top club?? historycounts for nothing 13 years since your lot won anything anyway.

I just think our club is showing a little more ambition that being the best of the rest and happy type. and if any more fellow blues want to call me for that then fine.

Nothing wrong in showing ambition, and I agree 5th place is not success. However, an undisputed fact is that Everton are still the best team outside the Sky 4 and you crave that position.

Everton are a top team mate, the 5th best in the best league in Europe currently IMO, and until Man City actually finish above them in a season you will just have to live with it.

With reference to the "big club" comment, Newcastle have more money and get bigger crowds than Everton, so I guess the moral of the story is get it right first on the pitch, then you can tell everybody how good you are, but not before then eh!

City had a cup run in Europe. Everton got knocked out by Some Belgian crowd and then bought their best player.

We outclassed Everton so much towards the end of last season it wasn't even funny. Robbie took the piss that day he could and should have had a hat trick.

Everton are a small club with the bitchiest set of fans I've ever seen. Every decision a ref gives against them is wrong.

If you lot want to get 5th every year with kick and run football then be my guest... but remember we're coming.. and we'll be coming samba style-e

ToffeeAndy said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
ToffeeAndy said:

Actually over the last few years we've spent a less then them (net) and have financed a lot of our purchases by selling players, or by paying on the drip.

My main point was actually to compare our spending to those attempting to catch us anyway i.e. City, Spurs and Newcastle who have all spent vast amounts of money and got nowhere. This was also in relation to a point a poster made about Everton having little money to spend, so comparing us to Arsenal isn't really relevant.

Take out Arshavin, you spent money on Yak,Fellani were as they lost Henry

Why take out Arshavin? You can't just remove someone from your argument to make to right lol!

In other words he's there only player they have laid a hugh outlay on, and he was only in Jan. so before Jan it sticks out more that Moyes doesnt just work shoe strings. i have a lot of respect for the man,but he gets enough, i then find myself going out of my way due to people thinkin hese done it all on shoe string budgets, how about a summer when your bringing in Thatcher,Mills and Corridi, now my friend that is shoe string.

GStar said:
There's not been too much direspect on here (you'll always get some - its football).

Of course when 'Darker Shade' takes the piss, it's banter, when a City fan hits back, out comes all the Everton fans claiming we're disrespecting them.

Everton do a top job every season (even if i hate the philosophy employed) it works, so who cares? We've now got a board who have the ability to steer us in the right direction.

i agree and made the same point earlier. they go on the defensive straight away. they do really need to get away from that self pity city stereotype ;)

only having a joke by the way before you go and get sue johnson etc involved. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.