Lescott [Merged]

Re: Lescott

Darker shade of Blue said:
twinkletoes said:
ToffeeAndy said:
alera said:
+ we have much better support and bigger fan base.....

I'd say they were similar but you have a bigger and better stadium which means you have higher attendances.

You are in denial so I will finish with this last post.

What is the reasoning to say "you have a bigger and better stadium which means you have higher attendances".

Can you also explain why you are moving from Jurassic Park which has a capacity of 41,000 to a stadium with a capacity of 55,000 when you only have an average attendance of 34,000?

And Goodison has thousands of seats with a poor view btw , hence not always being full , though our average capacity in percentage of total capacity is still slightly higher than Citys :o)

Please don't get me started with that. Silly comment.

ToffeeAndy said:
sniff said:
ToffeeAndy said:
Name some difficult questions i've failed to answer? List the 1), 2) etc and i'll gladly answer them

just this one will do, you made a fuss about my first post then wouldnt answer the respondant question

As for the top team quote, it really is funny. you keep telling us your a big club but have nothing to back it up, without going back to the 80s tell me how you are still on of the big english clubs. As city fans we accept that we are not a massive club in stature anymore, although we are in terms of fanbase and finance. It seems to me that Everton fans like yourself need to take a good look at your club and work out that 13 years with no major trophys and a couple of top 5 places isnt what the top clubs are doing to earn their status

Serious question what makes you think you are one of englands biggest clubs in the mould of Man u, Liverpool, chelsea, arsenal. if you can answer that without going back to the 80s i will be happy to accept you argument. The truth is when you compare yourself to the real big clubs you dont have much of an argument

Ahh ok I didnt realise that was aimed at me seeing as the points reference something DSOB had posted not me... how could I have been so stupid? ;)

If you look back through this thread you'll see i've actually been the one who's been trying to stear the conversation away from this totaly pointless debate.

If I have to answer the points you posted just to avoid you accusing me of dodging them i'd say:

We have a richer history.
You have more money and a better stadium.
Neither teams won anything for ages.
This is a pointless debate

It wasnt supposed to be a debate, just a serious question. many of the everton fans on here have made that point the basis for any argument on here. If thats going to be the point of reference your fans make then its only fair you explain yourselves to the rest of us, although you may have tried to steer away from the subject, you have made that point yourself(so seems you agree with it). Apart from the history, and its not what you could call recent, i dont see what edge you have at all over us.

If you dont want to be dragged into the same arguments you need to point out that you dont agree with the other everton fans posts.

Fair point. Why I dont disagree with the Everton fans is that I believe history does play a significant part in a clubs stature. I personally dont think Chelsea will ever be as big a club as Man U or Liverpool because they aren't steeped in the same history. However Chelsea are a big club because of their recent sucesses. Its all relative really, history plays a big part in you being a big club, as does the current day.

As neither club has done much in recent years its really a pointless argument really. We have a richer history (so were living in the past), you have a lot of potential and money but aren't anywhere yet (so your living in a possible future). Both sides will argue the toss and not back down as they have their opinions which is the way it should be, however it renders this type of deabte completely pointless.

I think we were all getting on nicely discussing Lescott etc until this debate kicked off, since then there's been some cretinous remarks being thrown about and lots of chests being puffed out. I dont see the point myself.

No bad blood from me mate, i agree with what you said. Were all football fans and you kind of the same as us in a way.
I hope we sign Lescott because he would improve our team(not to sure it will happen though)

either way if you want a friendly disscussion most on here will be happy to take part, although we cant really do anything about the idiots(sorry)

I would say ourselves, Everton and chelsea pre abramovich are all similar sized clubs (also west ham, spurs and barcodes). Similar amounts of trophies, attendances and fan base but now we have the money we are in a position to make the next step (like chelsea did although they were closer before money) and i believe eveton would also be able to take that step if they had money as Moyes is a good manager but you can only take players of a certain quality so far.

Read somewhere that chelsea's honour's list was almost identical to our's before the money although they were alot closer than we are with already being in CL which made it easier to attract player's they have.

On Lescott i reckon we could attract him as although Everton are currently closer to top 4, with the new owners it's more likely imo that we will break into it sooner and for alot longer as our owners are fucking fantastic.

No bad blood from me mate, i agree with what you said. Were all football fans and you kind of the same as us in a way.
I hope we sign Lescott because he would improve our team(not to sure it will happen though)

either way if you want a friendly disscussion most on here will be happy to take part, although we cant really do anything about the idiots(sorry)

No worries mate, been some good discussion going on with some posters on here so I accept that majority of City fans are well adjusted and able to hold a good discussion without resorting to abuse. I'm sure if you came and posted on our forums there'd be some knuckle heads who would give us a bad name too :)

I think Lescott would improve your team more then the likes of Upson who's 30 now so has little chance of improving, whereas Lescott is still a few years away from his prime.

I'd say its really 50/50 at the moment whether you'll get him. City clearly want him, but we dont want him to leave so it really depends on how much Sparky rates him.

You have the money to bid the £20m plus it would probably take to get him, but if you do that it sends out a message to other clubs to hold you to ransom over players. If I was Hughes though i'd just pay it, get him in, get him settled and see it as a way of stating his intent (i.e. buying Villa's captain and One of Everton's key players.

City Step Up Lescott Chase

Manchester City are stepping up their pursuit of Everton defender Joleon Lescott, skysports.com understands.

City boss Mark Hughes is believed to have made the England international one of his top transfer targets as he looks to build a side capable of challenging for honours.

Lescott has established himself as one of the best defenders in the Premier League since his arrival from Wolves in the summer of 2006 and is now a regular in Fabio Capello's England squad.

Everton are keen to keep hold of the versatile defender and have warned City off the 26-year-old by placing a massive price-tag in the region of £20million on his head.

Manchester City chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak has admitted the club will not be held to ransom over their transfer targets and should they be priced out of a move for Lescott the club could switch their attentions to Arsenal ace Kolo Toure.

Toure, who has one-year left on his contract at Arsenal, has been a long-term target for City and was linked with a move to Eastlands in January.

City could rekindle their interest in Toure if they decide he would be a more viable option than Lescott.

Arsenal would be loath to lose Toure, but could decide to cash-in on him if City make a suitable offer.

wooo hooo some actual news...... Seems like we might be starting to make moves for a couple of players....

Johnny_on said:
wooo hooo some actual news...... Seems like we might be starting to make moves for a couple of players....

Hopefully :)
If we make a good firm bid for Lescott I cant see Everton turning it down, I definetly think we will sign Kolo Toure he has only one year left on his Arsenal deal, and they wont want to let him leave for free next season.

SWPISHOME said:
Johnny_on said:

Hopefully :)
If we make a good firm bid for Lescott I cant see Everton turning it down, I definetly think we will sign Kolo Toure he has only one year left on his Arsenal deal, and they wont want to let him leave for free next season.

Kolo is a right sided centre back, i'd hope to see Kompany and Onuoha starting against Blackburn as opposed to Toure.

Everton are keen to keep hold of the versatile defender and have warned City off the 26-year-old by placing a massive price-tag in the region of £20million on his head.

it would fit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.