Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor said:
Moyes is full of shit, Lescott hasn't once picked up the phone and told you his intentions, what do you think the transfer request means dip shit.

I can't see them allowing anything to happen until after the weekend tbh.

Mark hughes by saying there is still dialogue has been shown up to be a liar ... It is well known that Moyes makes the decisions on transfers at Everton , Kenwright has gone public to say this , As he said , Moyes is in control at Everton , unlike Hughes who's just Gary cook's puppet , He be the one to get the bullet and the flak when city's season starts to go tits up , just a fall guy , and a bullshitter as well ,

Darker shade of Blue said:
The Fixer said:
So if moyes does not sell Lescott, how do you feel about a situation where moyes openly admits you now have a player who's head is "TWISTED" may not perform, may fake injury, be a bad influence in the squad. That is imo bad management from moyes!

Really don't know m8 .
Are there other examples of this scenario between other players and their clubs ?
I guess I'm hoping it might blow over , and review the situation once Jags is back .

Pierre Van Hooijdonk with Forest. Though it wasn't because he wanted a move but just because he was pissed off they hadn't brought anybody in.

1qwerty said:
Taylor said:
Moyes is full of shit, Lescott hasn't once picked up the phone and told you his intentions, what do you think the transfer request means dip shit.

I can't see them allowing anything to happen until after the weekend tbh.

Mark hughes by saying there is still dialogue has been shown up to be a liar ... It is well known that Moyes makes the decisions on transfers at Everton , Kenwright has gone public to say this , As he said , Moyes is in control at Everton , unlike Hughes who's just Gary cook's puppet , He be the one to get the bullet and the flak when city's season starts to go tits up , just a fall guy , and a bullshitter as well ,

don't come on here and spout that shit. mark hughes is not lying. kenwright is being economical with the truth.

Bryan said:
The Fixer said:
So if moyes does not sell Lescott, how do you feel about a situation where moyes openly admits you now have a player who's head is "TWISTED" may not perform, may fake injury, be a bad influence in the squad. That is imo bad management from moyes!

He will still be keeping the ball out of the net for Everton, not for City. He will not strike, he will not "look the other way" when the ball comes his direction. He will put his head down, perform, and look to make the starting XI of the England squad for the world cup.

Oh right, i must of dreamt Lescott's agent on talksport saying he will strike if needs must!!

i really feel its time to release a statement that we have ended our interest in lescott, leave then with an unhappy player and 20+ million less then they would have had for squad improvements.

theres plenty of other options and as i stated on the kompany to barca thread, if kompany is fit he's a far better CB than lescott.

dont get me wrong id av like to sign lescott, young and a very steady player, who can also cover LB, but my ideal choice would be kompany and toure as CB.

Brucie Bonus said:
Okay, here it is, linked from <a class="postlink" href="http://toffeeweb.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://toffeeweb.com/</a>

Moyes 'demented' by player hunt
Mon, 10 Aug 15:58:00 2009

David Moyes says he feels 'demented' by his failure to significantly add to his Everton squad ahead of the new Premier League campaign.

The Everton manager, who has rejected bids for Joleon Lescott and Louis Saha this summer, knows he is in a race against time to bring in new players ahead of the club's Europa League play-off tie against Czech side Sigma Olomouc later this month.

The two-legged clash will dictate whether or not the Toffees have a season of regular European fixtures and the income that brings, and Moyes admits he needs to act now to reinforce his squad ahead of the first leg at Goodison Park on August 20.

"We are not ready as far as the squad goes, we want more players in," Moyes said.

"We let a few go in the summer - Andy van der Meyde, Lars Jacobson, Nuno Valente - and we have not replaced any of those players yet.

"If we want a run in Europe we need more players quickly. The search goes on, it has never stopped all summer and I am feeling a bit demented with it all now!

"Apart from a couple of clubs, the transfer activity around the country has been limited. But for us, to have finished fifth and reached a cup final, to improve on that costs a lot of money.

"But we don't have that money. So trying to find players who are cheap, do not want much wages and will come here to improve us, well, it is not easy."

So far, Moyes has only brought in Brazilian striker Jo on loan from Manchester City and a clutch of untried youngsters who will be in the reserve squad.

He remains hopeful of a positive outcome in his bid for Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos, although the clubs are believed to be still some way from agreeing a fee.

"We have a good team but what we do not have is back-up, and that is what we are trying to get," Moyes said.

"The bid for Senderos has been with [Arsenal] for a while now and maybe it is getting closer."

Moyes saw a much-improved performance from his players when Everton beat Malaga 2-1 at Goodison Park, with Manchester City target Lescott playing the full match and getting a rousing reception from home fans.

And it seems Moyes might have won the battle to retain one of his prized assets.

His stubbornness not to be pushed into a deal for the defender - selected again in the England squad for the friendly with Holland - looks to have paid off.

It is believed Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has held further talks with City and told the Eastlands club the Toffees do not want to sell to one of their direct rivals in the battle to claim a Champions League berth.

And Everton's reluctance to part with their big-name players was underlined when Moyes recently rejected an £8 million bid from Turkish side Besiktas for Saha.

"Louis is someone we had a big bid for. But he didn't want to go and we didn't want to sell. It's great news Louis wants to stay," he said.

PA Sport

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10082009/58/premier-league-moyes-demented-player-hunt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10082009/ ... -hunt.html</a>

My quote on Monday.

Matty said:
If he keeps Lescott be prepared for a whinge later in the season about Injuries/a small squad/lack of investment.

Well, looks like we didn't have to wait too late in the season for this. Perhaps David you haven't been able to add to your squad because you've not got enough fucking money?!!! I've an idea how you can get some...........

You can't cry about a lack of squad additions AND turn down £20m for a player, it just doesn't make sense.

Managers like to say they make the decisions, and usually when it comes to picking the team they do.

When it comes to money, they do not. The owners/shareholders do.

Therefore all this is just bluster and posturing by Moyes.

i wouldn't be surprised to hear a "taken them as far as I can" type statement in the near future from Goodison.

The Fixer said:
Bryan said:
He will still be keeping the ball out of the net for Everton, not for City. He will not strike, he will not "look the other way" when the ball comes his direction. He will put his head down, perform, and look to make the starting XI of the England squad for the world cup.

Oh right, i must of dreamt Lescott's agent on talksport saying he will strike if needs must!!

Do you really think that will happen m8 ?

Lescott is in the public eye , and his actions and responses will be used to judge him .
If he acts like a kid who can't get his own way , then what will that do to his future options ?
Would he still figure in Capellos plans , or any other managers plans that may wish to sign him if he goes on strike ?

Lescotts advisors would be fairly useless if they advised him to act anything other than highly professional .

So what's the latest?

From what I've gathered from a few previous posts it doesn't look good - correct?

Sorry, but I really can't be arsed digging through this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.