Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: official move for Lescott today...

When Dunney is at his best he can keep anybody quiet.[/quote]

One game dosnt make a player - lol

mancboy123 said:
25m jog on. Terry is the england captain and twice title winning captain of one of the top four.

Lescott while good is not in the same league, to be honest for 25m youd be taking the p1ss and id rather not have him.

With Jagielka out 'til at least November and he's our only cover for Baines at left back added to the fact he still has over 3 years remaining on his contract then Everton are well within their rights to quote a figure that they deem as acceptable to compensate for the loss . He was a Championship player when signed from Wolves and has developed into an England international with Moyes time and work with him , bought when nobody else in the Prem would take the risk . In today's transfer market , where players values are inflated by teams such as yourselves then £25m is perfectly acceptable . If your owner wants to flex his financial muscle by making bids of £100m for a player ( Kaka ) and £35m+ for Terry , he should not be surprised that teams with less money want to dip their hands into the honeypot and niether should City fans . Don't say that pre shinwatra days that City wouldn't have done the same .... you know for a fact they would have

Everton are being extortionate, quoting a special 'City price'. He's not worth more than £15million. just my opinion, but i think we should pull out of this deal on prinicpal. Can't have a Everton taking the piss.

Any latest ITK info ? Dont wany any WUMS just the plain truth will do.

I dont mind being quoted a city special price for a player who is worth it and brings sokmething special to the team ala kaka, terry, eto'o etc but i dont think we should be held to ransom by everton for a player who while good could be easily replaced by a number of players out there.

25m is an extortionate price for him and to be honest if that is the deal you chance us walking away and being left with an unhappy player priced out of a move he wanted to make.

Its admirable that you rate your players so highly but 25m for the back up england centre back is madness and you know it is. Hangeeland or any number of defenders could be got for half the price, while i dont dispute he is a good player there is not a chance he is worth close to 25m

Happy Feet said:

Ive still not read/heard anything from any reliable sources about us querying, putting a bid in or signing Lescott! Not a thing! The only places ive seen/heard it are on this forum or in the red top shitpapers! Is this even a story? or is it just what i reckon- a rumour! ?

Every other player we have been linked with we've seen quotes from that player, his agent, his club or City themselves! With Lescott theres been absolutely nothing!

danburge82 said:
Happy Feet said:

Ive still not read/heard anything from any reliable sources about us querying, putting a bid in or signing Lescott! Not a thing! The only places ive seen/heard it are on this forum or in the red top shitpapers! Is this even a story? or is it just what i reckon- a rumour! ?

Every other player we have been linked with we've seen quotes from that player, his agent, his club or City themselves! With Lescott theres been absolutely nothing!

Not such a glamourous signing though is he?

Wrighty Wrexham said:
danburge82 said:
Happy Feet said:

Maybe if he did something with his hair?

Wrighty Wrexham said:
danburge82 said:
Happy Feet said:

Erm, not so much, but are any defenders? altho his club are and he is England captain, Terry isnt exactly glamourous is he!? and he is much more glamourous than Jamie 'me balls havent dropped yet' squeeky Caragher!
I reckon over the last few years he has improved to be the 4th/5th best defender in the Prem (Terry, Rio, Vidic, Jagielka are maybe ahead of him, but nobody else!)! He's a lot classier than a lot of defenders, good with the ball at his feet, confident, scores goals, very quick, good tacler, good reading of the game, good positional sense and can play CB/LB- this lad has literally got the lot if you're looking for a defender they wont come much more glamourous than him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.