Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: official move for Lescott today...

bookiesgirl said:
No. We should be going after Lescott, Westermann, Lucio and Touré. Leave Terry alone now.

I hope we dont go fot Toure never rated the guy and was very poor second half of last season

The Blue Bas***d said:
bookiesgirl said:
No. We should be going after Lescott, Westermann, Lucio and Touré. Leave Terry alone now.

I hope we dont go fot Toure never rated the guy and was very poor second half of last season
i dont think we should go for toure, dont think he is any better than what we have already got

I would be very wary about giving Everton ~£20m for any player. They have to be potential league rivals and Moyes has a habit of spending funds well...£20m would bankroll their summer and put them in a strong position next season.

To me that's the beauty of the JT bid we're still not in their league and he's English otherwise we may have to shop abroad.

I am glad to see Hangerland is back on the radar, I think he would be a great signing for us. City are obviously after high profile players who will contribute to the global brand plan but for me its more important to win games and Hangerland would help us do that. Not so sure about Toure, there's a reason arsenal are buying new CB's. Lescott would be a great signing. I think the point about giving them a heap of cash is valid but if we want the player, what other option is there? Whether we pay them 15 or 20 mil they are still in a position to sign at least one top player. I'm mostly amused by this whole JT saga and didn't realise Chelsea fans were so insecure about their club. I also think its hilarious how some fans could say they don't want him, its beggars belief some of the tripe some fans post on here. Yes, we know you like 'ned' and 'vinnie' but competition for places is a winning factor, this is not sunday league where you play your mates cause you like them.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
We made our move earlier today, expect things to move very quickly over next couple of days.
The fee Everton are holding out for is £18m.

Posted 16 days ago on the 23 june, i dont see any movement from either club, has this one fell by the wayside. ??

licker said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We made our move earlier today, expect things to move very quickly over next couple of days.
The fee Everton are holding out for is £18m.

Posted 16 days ago on the 23 june, i dont see any movement from either club, has this one fell by the wayside. ??

maybe Everton need to sign a replacement before letting Lescott go??

who knows but there are too many reliable ITK posters across several sites that think this deal is done or well advanced

smiles said:
I am glad to see Hangerland is back on the radar, I think he would be a great signing for us. City are obviously after high profile players who will contribute to the global brand plan but for me its more important to win games and Hangerland would help us do that. Not so sure about Toure, there's a reason arsenal are buying new CB's. Lescott would be a great signing. I think the point about giving them a heap of cash is valid but if we want the player, what other option is there? Whether we pay them 15 or 20 mil they are still in a position to sign at least one top player. I'm mostly amused by this whole JT saga and didn't realise Chelsea fans were so insecure about their club. I also think its hilarious how some fans could say they don't want him, its beggars belief some of the tripe some fans post on here. Yes, we know you like 'ned' and 'vinnie' but competition for places is a winning factor, this is not sunday league where you play your mates cause you like them.
I totally agree...also if Aston Villa do sign Hangerland, they would become a very hard team to score against.

lionheart said:
smiles said:
I totally agree...also if Aston Villa do sign Hangerland, they would become a very hard team to score against.

I'm originally from Norway, and having seen this player for a lot more than just one season I can honestly say that there is a lot better options out there.
At FC Copenhagen he was quite decent but his main strengths are that he's very strong and stupidly tall. He reminds me of the old-school central defenders that just heads and kicks the ball up-field.
I do honestly think that Hodgson's tactics has made him look better than what his real ability is. Hodgson is known for having very solid and defensive teams and in some ways that might make the job easier for the central defenders.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to see him playing for us but I do think we can pursue better targets.

Agree with the above poster. Fulham's system last season really suited him as they were extremely compact. As a defender I don't think he is in the same class of players we are being strongly linked with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.