Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: is it time to walk away from the Lescott deal?

Didsbury Dave wrote

We've offfered him a deal, he's accepted, he's done everything he can to facilitate the move. We can't just leave him high and dry. Apart from it being morally wrong, what message does that send to other targets.

This is all about negotations. His position has become untenable at Everton. It may even take until deadline day but City are handling this very well in my opinion.

Most importantly, he will improve us significantly.

mammutly said:
This 'deal' has already gone way beyond reasonable.

It's a stupid amount of money for the player and we should have walked away ages ago.

I agree with both of these

No - we should keep persuing Lescott, with Upson or Westermans (don't know if he would play in premiership) as fall back.

Yes we will have to pay way over the market for him, but he is the player that we need at this time to play alongside Toure. Upson might be a slightly better CB but is 30, even more injury prone and does not have flexibility of being able to cover at left back.

THEN future planning - it is possible that Nedum will make the first choice grade in next 2 years, Ben Mee has 3/4 years to demonstrate can make the grade, can sign potentially better players but who are not yet proven in premiership (left footed CB's: Westermans, or 20-22 year olds with potential).

Toure/Lescott partnership good for this season - Dunne (right CB) Nedum (right or left CB) Kompany (right CB) provide good back up (how far off first team are Ben Mee left CB or Boyata right CB?).

Didsbury Dave said:
I've just posted about this on the Lescott thread.

We've offfered him a deal, he's accepted, he's done everything he can to facilitate the move. We can't just leave him high and dry. Apart from it being morally wrong, what message does that send to other targets.

This is all about negotations. His position has become tenable at Everton. It may even take until deadline day but City are handling this very well in my opinion.

I understand that mate, It would be morally wrong to walk away and harsh on Lescott, however does that mean we should be held to ransom by Everton, like I said, if the situation hasnt changed by January we could go in with a smaller bid that they would have no choice but to accept

Hello lads,

yet another Toffee here, just thought Id come and see what you lot were making of this Lescott debacle.

Im a bit puzzled at whats going on at Goodison at the moment, IMO, we need to get rid, and quick. Once a players heart is not in it, he's not worth a carrot.

Personally, I would have bit your hand off at £20 mill, I reckon that is silly money for a defender. To be honest, I dont even rate him that highly. The fact he gets amongst the goals kinda overshadows his defensive inadequacies. He does tend to go asleep now and again (see FAC Final). He definetly needs a strong, loud centre half next to him. His best performances have come alongside Jagielka, not Yobo.

What do you think then of the silly money being quoted? 30 million!!!!! I think it will end up around the 24 mark. I suppose with the money you have now it dosnt really matter, but would you rather see the money spent on someone else now? Does this obscene price piss you off or could you not give a fuck?

I tell you one thing, no matter what other fans say, every football fan in this country would be fucking ecstatic at having that type of money.

BTW, are you interested in a right back? Tony Hibbert? You can have him for fifteen quid.

Didsbury Dave said:
I've just posted about this on the Lescott thread.

This is all about negotations. His position has become tenable at Everton. It may even take until deadline day but City are handling this very well in my opinion.

It will not be morally wrong if we set the price at 18 million and say that is all he is worth. Why should we pay more than a player is worth?
If anyone is morally wrong it is lescott. Demanding a move and sulking . I know it is the modern footballer's way but it isn't right and I would hate any City player who did the same.
We owe Lescott nothing. If Everton want to sell (at the price we are willing to pay) and the player wants to move then great. If not then walk away.
There are other players that will improve us so lets go to plan B or C if this deal cannot be done.

Ja Salford Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
YOu could easily argue that we are holding them to ransom

How?

We have not come in with another bid, they have a player they can't keep, morale is affected. The longer this goes on, the harder this situation is for Everton, the less chance there is of them replacing him and, hopefully, the lower the fee.

The unfortunate thing for Joleoninho is that his current manager is the laugh-a-minute Davey Moyes. Lord Joleon has done the unforgivable thing of asking to leave. Everything Moyes has done, everything Moyes is, has been challenged. The temerity of the player! Asking to leave EFC. Just who does he think he is, Franco Baresi?

Moyes left Preston less than a year into a new 4 or 5 year contract (can't remember the exact length)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.