Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
mancity dan said:
I think it would definitely be in our interest now to pull out of the deal and wait till january to see if we actually need him, this will mean the transfer fee will be lower and Gollum will be pissed off he's not been able to get in any replacements till half way through the season. He will be more pissed off that he has had to keep an unhappy player there for that long. Well done Louis Saha for coming out and saying that Lescott has done nothing wrong, so much for Gollum's rant that Lescott is letting his team mates down when they agree with what he is doing and his attitude.

Don't forget Lescott in all this. He's done everything he can to facilitate this move from his end, we have to keep our word and sign him now.

And he'll improve us.

We're going to get him,very soon, no doubt.
Correct

You dont get a player to put a transfer request and leave him in the shit because some fans are stamping there feet shouting "i want it now daddy".

r.soleofsalford said:
twinkletoes said:
We were £98m in debt when we sold SWP.

the questions still the same, i know moyes is blocking us from what we want, which is a bit annoying, but i sort of respect his resolve,

lescott on the other hand owes everton who plucked him from obscurity at wolves.

and a lot called daniel sturridge on here, me included. it would be rather two faced of me to now applaud J.L. and his actions

Moyes' pride and ego has backed himself into a corner he's going to find it very difficult to back out of with any remaining credibilty.
After all his piss and wind about Lescott "not being for sale," he then changed it to "we haven't had a decent offer" and is now involved in an undignified scramble to sign Senderos or Taylor as obvious replacements.
He's handled the whole thing like a big kid imo.
Lescott was an important first team player at Wolves.
Sturridge was not,and probably never would be a fixture in the City team.Different circumstances in my book.And Hughes did the decent thing and let him leave without running to the press crying and trying to start a publicly embarrassing playground scrap.

is it time to walk away from the Lescott deal?

Ive been thinking about this one and £25-£30m (todays reported figures) seems a very lot to me, especially when you consider that Everton will get Stephen Taylor for £6m.

It would be funny if we really pissed Moyes off by walking away and leaving him with a player who dosent want to be there and who the fans now hate.

no other club will pay over £12m for Lescott, and if he is still out of favour in January we could go in with a smaller bid then that they would have to accept.

I'm just not sure who we could get instead, I reckon we should out bid the scousers for Taylor.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
This has to be sorted for Everton by the end of the window, my guess is they will sign players with the money and then try to hold out until the very last minute with city.

With what money?

Pam said:
This has to be sorted for Everton by the end of the window, my guess is they will sign players with the money and then try to hold out until the very last minute with city.

With what money?

If they are signing players now it's because the SKY money has just come through.

r.soleofsalford said:
twinkletoes said:
We were £98m in debt when we sold SWP.

the questions still the same, i know moyes is blocking us from what we want, which is a bit annoying, but i sort of respect his resolve,

lescott on the other hand owes everton who plucked him from obscurity at wolves.

and a lot called daniel sturridge on here, me included. it would be rather two faced of me to now applaud J.L. and his actions

It was hardly 'obscurity', he was known as one of the best defenders in the Championship. Although I accept that it was Everton who took the risk on him, what with his dodgy knees etc....

Slight difference with young Daniel is that he deliberately allowed his contract to run down and City will get less than his market value, whereas Everton are being offered more than JL's market value (in most peoples' opinion anyway).

I don't think SP had the option to block Chelsea over SWP, we were desperate for the cash, and he was ordered to sell. Everton have financial difficulties, but not as great as ours were. Also Moyes is FAR more powerful in Everton's internal politics than was SP here, so it's difficult to compare, really. There's no doubt in my mind that Moyes is putting down a marker to Kenwright, basically asserting his authority at the club.

If your suggesting they are signing players with the Lescott money, i doubt they wil try to manipulate us till the final day, thats abit like russian roulette.

Re: is it time to walk away from the Lescott deal?

Ja Salford Blue said:
Ive been thinking about this one and £25-£30m (todays reported figures) seems a very lot to me, especially when you consider that Everton will get Stephen Taylor for £6m.

It would be funny if we really pissed Moyes off by walking away and leaving him with a player who dosent want to be there and who the fans now hate.

no other club will pay over £12m for Lescott, and if he is still out of favour in January we could go in with a smaller bid then that they would have to accept.

I'm just not sure who we could get instead, I reckon we should out bid the scousers for Taylor.

Yep-I'm sure Lescott would piss himself at the idea of staying at a club where he's put in a transfer request to come to us,his own manager has dropped him and now publicly stated that his fellow professionals think his attitude has "changed."
We would look like pricks if we pulled out now.
The transfer will happen.

flb said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Don't forget Lescott in all this. He's done everything he can to facilitate this move from his end, we have to keep our word and sign him now.

And he'll improve us.

We're going to get him,very soon, no doubt.
Correct

You dont get a player to put a transfer request and leave him in the shit because some fans are stamping there feet shouting "i want it now daddy".

"Sorry, Joleon, we know we've offered you a deal. We know you've burnt all your bridges at Everton. We know you're all over the media. But the Bluemoon thread is nearly 1500 pages and, quite, frankly, our fans are sick of it. We're pulling out. Good luck in the stiffs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.