Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Don't forget Lescott in all this. He's done everything he can to facilitate this move from his end, we have to keep our word and sign him now.

And he'll improve us.

We're going to get him,very soon, no doubt.
This ^^^^^ the player has done what he can to try to move to us, we need to do everything in out power to make it happen, because not only is it the right thing, but next time this happens the player in question knows he can trust us.

absolutely bang on - not only will we be shits if we let Lescott down, we will be seen as shits by everyone else, including as the OP says potential future players

Re: is it time to walk away from the Lescott deal?

RobbieBrewer said:
Ja Salford Blue said:
Ive been thinking about this one and £25-£30m (todays reported figures) seems a very lot to me, especially when you consider that Everton will get Stephen Taylor for £6m.

It would be funny if we really pissed Moyes off by walking away and leaving him with a player who dosent want to be there and who the fans now hate.

no other club will pay over £12m for Lescott, and if he is still out of favour in January we could go in with a smaller bid then that they would have to accept.

I'm just not sure who we could get instead, I reckon we should out bid the scousers for Taylor.

Yep-I'm sure Lescott would piss himself at the idea of staying at a club where he's put in a transfer request to come to us,his own manager has dropped him and now publicly stated that his fellow professionals think his attitude has "changed."
We would look like pricks if we pulled out now.
The transfer will happen.

Why would we look like pricks? I understand that when we want to buy a player that there is a price for us and a price for everyone else, I want Lescott as much as everyone else, but I just feel that Moyes is taking the fuckin piss at £25m-£30m

RobbieBrewer said:
Ja Salford Blue said:
Ive been thinking about this one and £25-£30m (todays reported figures) seems a very lot to me, especially when you consider that Everton will get Stephen Taylor for £6m.

It would be funny if we really pissed Moyes off by walking away and leaving him with a player who dosent want to be there and who the fans now hate.

no other club will pay over £12m for Lescott, and if he is still out of favour in January we could go in with a smaller bid then that they would have to accept.

I'm just not sure who we could get instead, I reckon we should out bid the scousers for Taylor.

Yep-I'm sure Lescott would piss himself at the idea of staying at a club where he's put in a transfer request to come to us,his own manager has dropped him and now publicly stated that his fellow professionals think his attitude has "changed."
We would look like pricks if we pulled out now.
The transfer will happen.
Oh and don't forget how pulling out of the transfer will improve our squad!

confused-smiley-17432.gif

It might have been said already but I aint reading 1500 pages!

Lescott has simply done what a lot of players AND managers have done over the decades.

An offer has been made and it is quite likely that it would include personal terms for Joleoninho which would be infinitely better than his contract at EFC.

Moyes has come the old 'I'm in charge of this club etc" and wouldn't want to lose an integral part of his defence when it is quite clear he would not get a man for man replacement, and he has all those Euro games to consider.

He is doing the usual nasty thing and making Lescott feel as uncomfortable as possible. (Note Louis Saha's comment this morning on SSN - "Lescott is doing nothing wrong".

How did Moyes become EFC manager? Did he see his contract out with PNE or did he grasp the opportunity of doing something better by agreeing to join EFC.

There's a slight whiff of some of the worst human qualities coming from the managers office at Finch Farm.

I've just posted about this on the Lescott thread.

We've offfered him a deal, he's accepted, he's done everything he can to facilitate the move. We can't just leave him high and dry. Apart from it being morally wrong, what message does that send to other targets.

This is all about negotations. His position has become tenable at Everton. It may even take until deadline day but City are handling this very well in my opinion.

Most importantly, he will improve us significantly.

This 'deal' has already gone way beyond reasonable.

It's a stupid amount of money for the player and we should have walked away ages ago.

i agree with above its a stupid amount of money for lescott i dont think hes worth 15 million let alone the numbers of 25 -30 mill thrown around, i hope we get him coz he has handed the request in and its not fair if we pull out but it is a stupid sum

mammutly said:
This 'deal' has already gone way beyond reasonable.

It's a stupid amount of money for the player and we should have walked away ages ago.

Nonsense, mate. For start, no fee is yet agreed. Don't you think the delay is because City don't want to pay a stupid amount of money for him?

If he improves us, and potentially gets us into the Champions League, then to our owners he is worth the money.

Just because you're bored of it doen't mean to say we should pull out.

moyes drops lescott, and acording to louis sahahaha , he has done nothing wrong,(on sky sports this morning) seems like moyes is tryin to make it look like they have no option but to sell him, (BECAUSE HIS ATTITUDE IS WRONG) or am i seeing somthing that just isnt there?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
It might have been said already but I aint reading 1500 pages!

Lescott has simply done what a lot of players AND managers have done over the decades.

An offer has been made and it is quite likely that it would include personal terms for Joleoninho which would be infinitely better than his contract at EFC.

Moyes has come the old 'I'm in charge of this club etc" and wouldn't want to lose an integral part of his defence when it is quite clear he would not get a man for man replacement, and he has all those Euro games to consider.

He is doing the usual nasty thing and making Lescott feel as uncomfortable as possible. (Note Louis Saha's comment this morning on SSN - "Lescott is doing nothing wrong".

How did Moyes become EFC manager? Did he see his contract out with PNE or did he grasp the opportunity of doing something better by agreeing to join EFC.

There's a slight whiff of some of the worst human qualities coming from the managers office at Finch Farm.

Agree 100%, the way Lescott was scapegoated by Moyes for the 1-6 thrashing by l'Arse was a scandal, especially as he was hardly one of the worst performers. THat 'display' was more about the manager's failings than the team's, IMO.

It is telling that all the Everton players have been supportive of Lescott, except for Moyes' mini-me, ex-rag, frankenstein face Phil Neville, who seemingly can't get enough of Moyes' cock and felt the need to slag us off unreasonably in the press.

needless to say, most Evertonians have fallen for it, hook line and sinker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.