Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking about it...do we really need Lescott, Terry AND Lucio? I know they're all transfer talk and all that, but Onouha should've got young player of the year for the club easily, Kompany has proven time and time again that he is a terrific ball playing centre back, and Dunney's experience and determination for the club is surely enough? The major problem with our defence last season was a lack of communication between Hart, Richards and Dunne as Dunne was the only one with genuine experience, but he was too slow to keep up with Richards and Hart wasn't ready to be a number one keeper just then. I think Hughes has got the balance right now, he's brought in the players he wants, as well as going for the few marquee signings that the owners want, and he's built a good, efficient team. The only thing left is getting the tactics right and making sure Robbie is ready to samba our way to Champions League or Europa League next season.

Does anyone know if Lescott played in Everton's pre season game tonight against Bury??? if he has agreed terms with us like some are saying he wouldnt of been playing.

No Lescott involved...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.evertonfc.com/match/report/0809/bury-v-everton.html?t=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.evertonfc.com/match/report/0 ... n.html?t=4</a>

Bluemooner33 said:
Does anyone know if Lescott played in Everton's pre season game tonight against Bury??? if he has agreed terms with us like some are saying he wouldnt of been playing.

He wasn't in their squad tonight and I had the same thought so asked the question to Everton fans on another forum earlier. Was told he is not due to report back for pre-season until Monday.

Bluemooner33 said:

No he didn't play as he's not required back yet as our internationals were given a longer break.

Was talking to a few Everton fans last night and they seemed certain that Lescott was coming to City !,also they are not that sure with the talents of Jo.

Sam said ... the most satisfying buys of all are going to be off teams like Everton and (already happened) Villa.
it sends a powerful message when their players see us as a step up from them.

---

The only message I get is its the monopoly money you are dishing out, theres not a player in the league that would refuse going from 50 grand a week to 150 grand. What happened to Kaka, Terry, and Eto'o? they are already on 150 grand, no chance they would come to you.

How satisfying is that. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.