Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
licker said:
Sam said ... the most satisfying buys of all are going to be off teams like Everton and (already happened) Villa.
it sends a powerful message when their players see us as a step up from them.

---

The only message I get is its the monopoly money you are dishing out, theres not a player in the league that would refuse going from 50 grand a week to 150 grand. What happened to Kaka, Terry, and Eto'o? they are already on 150 grand, how satisfying are those buys, no chance they would come to you.

Dear Window,

If you are going to post on our fine board, please try to be less insulting and more respectful. You see, as with every fans forum, this is City fans 'house' on the internet, just as Toffee Talk is your 'house'. You cannot expect to come in to our house and talk to us disrespectfully without been immediately ejected.

If you decide to stick around and have a good debate, then you are welcome, we have many Everton fans here who are valued and respected members of the community (DarkerShadeOfBlue been a fine example of people who aren't on the WUM, but don't bow and scrape to us).

Thanks,
Damocles

Oh, and I'm aware of hoew long you have been a member, this is more of a polite request to stop WUMMing

Damocles said:
licker said:
Sam said ... the most satisfying buys of all are going to be off teams like Everton and (already happened) Villa.

---

The only message I get is its the monopoly money you are dishing out, theres not a player in the league that would refuse going from 50 grand a week to 150 grand. What happened to Kaka, Terry, and Eto'o? they are already on 150 grand, how satisfying are those buys, no chance they would come to you.

Dear Window,

If you are going to post on our fine board, please try to be less insulting and more respectful. You see, as with every fans forum, this is City fans 'house' on the internet, just as Toffee Talk is your 'house'. You cannot expect to come in to our house and talk to us disrespectfully without been immediately ejected.

If you decide to stick around and have a good debate, then you are welcome, we have many Everton fans here who are valued and respected members of the community (DarkerShadeOfBlue been a fine example of people who aren't on the WUM, but don't bow and scrape to us).

Thanks,
Damocles

Oh, and I'm aware of hoew long you have been a member, this is more of a polite request to stop WUMMing

It's quite amazing that some bloke is taking the piss because we tried to sign Kaka & Eto'o!

Don't think he quite gets what's happening somehow! Must just think everything's going to stay the same & we'll never be able to compete for these people. Sure it'll dawn on him eventually.

And you sir are welcome to visit Toffeetalk, please excuse me if i ruffled any feathers but after reading some of the rubbish posts on here, slagging off the Players, the Manager, and the Team, I felt obliged to defend them as you would defend yours.

Bill.

licker said:
And you sir are welcome to visit Toffeetalk, please excuse me if i ruffled any feathers but after reading some of the rubbish posts on here, slagging off the Players, the Manager, and the Team, I felt obliged to defend them as you would defend yours.

Bill.

Fair enough, but the best way to defend your players and team is to speak of their merits, and not our failings.

Damocles said:
licker said:

Bill.

Fair enough, but the best way to defend your players and team is to speak of their merits, and not our failings.

You have been Damocleaved.

licker said:

---

The only message I get is its the monopoly money you are dishing out, theres not a player in the league that would refuse going from 50 grand a week to 150 grand. What happened to Kaka, Terry, and Eto'o? they are already on 150 grand, no chance they would come to you.

How satisfying is that. lol.

regarding players like Kaka, Terry and Eto'o.....well they certainly aren't going to sign for you either are they? We are trying to sign break-the-top-4 quality players at the moment....if title-challenging/CL-challenging quality players come then that is an unexpected bonus, for most realistic City fans.

you can try and clasp at the very hollow victory of it somehow being 'embarassing' for our club not to end up signing those kind of players after coming within a hair's breadth, if that's what makes you happy. lol

and sure better wages is a big part of it, but the bottom line is these players also feel like we have a better medium to long term chance of winning things than the likes of Everton, Villa and co. Keep telling yourself that's not a factor if you want, but you're clearly either being or very naive or willfully ignorant.

licker said:

Bill.
TBH honest i'm glad they're slagging off your team/playesr/manager,it makes a nice change from it being ours.
A question Bill,i remember how good your team was when Kendall was in charge & believe that but for the ban you would have won EURO trophys, but the question is was Andy Gray the missing link that completed your team & did the signing of Lineker to replace him fuck things up, or have i got it wrong.

licker said:
touche. :) Just a bit of banter really, no offence meant.

None taken :-)
We've just had a few threads descend in to insult wars recently, and was eager for this one to stay relatively clean as many people on here are raising/making good points, and there's some nice banter going on.

bluemanc said:
licker said:

Bill.
TBH honest i'm glad they're slagging off your team/playesr/manager,it makes a nice change from it being ours.
A question Bill,i remember how good your team was when Kendall was in charge & believe that but for the ban you would have won EURO trophys, but the question is was Andy Gray the missing link that completed your team & did the signing of Lineker to replace him fuck things up, or have i got it wrong.

You got it half right, Andy Gray was the missing link, Kendall took a huge gamble cos Gray was over the hill and had two dodgy knees, but the time he spent with us was probs the best he ever played, was only a matter of time before we had to replace him. Not sure about the Euro trophies but at least we would have had a go at it.
Lineker came along and tho he scored 40 goals for us in the one season we had him we won F*ck all. Came 2nd in the league and beaten in the Cup final, His head was turned by the Lure of big Money and a deep suntan so off he went abroad, says he always regretted it, but they all say that.

Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.