Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DavidChubs said:
I've never posted a rumour before and I'm only passing on what I've been told, but I suppose I'm ready for the abuse.

I have just been told that Lescott is going to put in a transfer request by the weekend. The way that I received the info does seem reasonable so lets wait and see.

It's very fresh info to me and I'm not sure if to tell were I got the info from, but I've been told for weeks that this transfer will happen.

I heard it slightly differently. I heard the request was submitted at the end of last week but the player was only intending to go public with it in the next few days.

Pam said:
If we can out gun the rags to sign Tevez, we can certainly take Lescott from Evilton. It is only a question of whether we want him badly enough. I know the circumstances aren't identical but the principle is pretty much the same. I am not worried about anything anymore.

Tevez deal was a different situation. In the end it would probably take a lot of money to sign Lescott and I don't see Hughes paying way over the odds. 40m would probably do the job but it's hardly shrewd business. Im sure there are very good centrebacks in Europe we are able to sign.

I think Hughes would pay over the odds. I think it's a conscious decision in all our dealings, just as it was Chelski's stated policy when Abromovich first arrived. I don't think that's the same as allowing people to take the piss and £40 mill for Lescott would be taking the piss, I agree.

backagain said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Dont bite URG ! You will disappoint me.

He already has you numpty!

IMO he's been found out and that is the end of the matter as far as I am concerened

please rub your brain cells together--both of them--and keep rubbing until you figure out how to act like a human being. i doubt you'll get there in your lifetime but maybe your grandkids will figure it out if they keep trying.

end of the matter? no. you can't even find the beginning of the matter as far as i'm 'concerened.'

to be honest i'm believing this guardian are pretty respected well more so than the other papers also they were the first to say bout owen going to the rags!!!!

I'd probably prefer Lescott than any other defender tbh, not only can he defend he can score too, pay 20/25 if we have to.

Had him on my dream team last year and after a shit start came good again along with the rest of his team, the guys been pretty damn consistent the last few seasons.

Really happy we are going for him. Even if we didn't get Terry, i'd be happy with the personnel in our defence for the coming year if just Lescott came in.

One of Ned or Kompany would make a good partner for him IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.