Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ToffeeBlue said:
Prophet of Doom said:
So Joleon, we know you have spoken to City and they have offered to double your wages - but we are not letting you go cause IM IN CHARGE OF ALL TRANSFERS HERE.

Do we? When did he speak to City then? You know that's illegal dont you until a fee is agreed with his present club. Hardly unexpected from Mancs though

We won't have spoken to Lescott at all, however our interest in him has hardly been hidden has it? He'll have been well aware of City's intentions, it'll be up to him to drive this through now (unless we offer something ridiculous that Everton simply can't reject).

Matty said:
ToffeeBlue said:
Do we? When did he speak to City then? You know that's illegal dont you until a fee is agreed with his present club. Hardly unexpected from Mancs though

We won't have spoken to Lescott at all, however our interest in him has hardly been hidden has it? He'll have been well aware of City's intentions, it'll be up to him to drive this through now (unless we offer something ridiculous that Everton simply can't reject).

As i keep saying, he doesnt look in a particular hurry to do so

ToffeeBlue said:
Matty said:
Or perhaps he doesn't want to ask to go due to :-

1 - Respect for Everton

2 - Not wishing to give away a 'loyalty fee' unnecessarily.

If he asks to leave then he's essentially put in a transfer request, if the club sells him without him actually asking to leave then it's the club's decision and he would be due some form of payoff.

Or
3 - Do it the Alonso way and make it known you want out without going official.

"I am an Everton player until told otherwise!" - Move along lids, nothing to see here

All players will deal with similar situations in a different way. He doesn't have to make his wishes known publically, all he has to do is let those within Everton know whether he wants to stay or go. And, as I said before, if he's talking to teammates about wanting to move to City then his intentions aren't too veiled are they?

ToffeeBlue said:
Matty said:

like y wud u stay at at everton over city,really??u see a club spending over 150 mill on top class players and then u look at everton who are loaning our reserve players...

must be depressing to be a toffee

ToffeeBlue said:
Matty said:

Publically you're right. But that's far from conclusive.

ToffeeBlue said:
Matty said:

Your obviously concerned though.

Matty said:
ToffeeBlue said:
Or
3 - Do it the Alonso way and make it known you want out without going official.

"I am an Everton player until told otherwise!" - Move along lids, nothing to see here

All players will deal with similar situations in a different way. He doesn't have to make his wishes known publically, all he has to do is let those within Everton know whether he wants to stay or go. And, as I said before, if he's talking to teammates about wanting to move to City then his intentions aren't too veiled are they?

Everton or England teammates? When did this conversation take place, and were you cleaning the locker room at the time?

svennis pennis said:
ToffeeBlue said:

Your obviously concerned though.

Always a little concerned when 1 of our better players is linked with a move away, but am not hearing anything conclusive to worry me too much on this one

ToffeeBlue said:
Matty said:

Everton or England teammates? When did this conversation take place, and were you cleaning the locker room at the time?

Everton Teammate.

Sometime after he became aware of our interest.

No as it wasn't I who spoke to the Everton firts team player. However the Bluemoon member who did was a long term member without a history of piss taking so no reason to feel they'd completely made it up.

ToffeeBlue said:
Matty said:
If we still had him then we'd not need Lescott (or a player like Lescott).

I think we'll end up with Lescott, because I think Lescott will make his wishes clear to Moyes and Everton (those wishes being to move to City, as mentioned on Bluemoon a while back based upon a member speaking directly to an Everton first team player). We'll probably have to pay in the region of £20m for him, although some of that will possibly be clause related.

He must have forgotton to do it or perhaps Moyes forgot that JL said he wants to leave!

TB !, I dont know if it is me or not that Matty refers too but I have indeed spoken directly to an everton first team player who has conveyed that his understanding of the situation is that Lescott wants the move to City and would rather it all be amicable, however if not then he will force the issue. I would much rather not name the player as he really doesnt want to rock the boat and reiterated this when sharing what he knew (actually at the time of the first phone call he knew very little as the players were all over the place and not all in contact with each other, as he is best friend to a family member of mine he kindly followed up on my question and came back with the info stated). If this deal does not come off (it will) then I take responsibility for some peoples faith in this and will consider naming the player and the dates and source of the info. Clearly this will only be if the player has been less than honest in his info, which I still very much doubt. I will attempt to get some more info from him this week but am unlikely to be able to do anything before wednesday due to restrictions caused by my own family contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.