Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
markbmcfc said:
Give Toffee a break fellas, every fan thinks there team is better than it actually is. We are the same, especially last year. Some of us wanted Hughes out because we didnt finish in the top 6, we didnt finish there because better teams did.

We know Everton's strike force is average at best and I wouldnt swap ours with any other in the league, but its arrogant to take the piss. We've been where Everton are, with no money and an average team, lets give them some respect.

Toffee - understandably you support your club and will defend it if you receive critiscm, but a City forum isnt the best place to talk up your strikeforce, given how much better ours is, perhaps talking up your defence would have been a better idea.

100% agree.
we used to convince ourselves samaras was a world beater !
anyway i agree these everton discussions shouldnt take place in a city forum

Lescott link has gone very quiet, thought we'd have had some news this week as season is fast approaching!!

CITYROBBO said:
Lescott link has gone very quiet, thought we'd have had some news this week as season is fast approaching!!

I think (for what it's worth) that your all out for Terry at the mo....once that is dead, Lescott will be done with a couple of days.

The closer to the season it gets, the more you will pay, like that will bother your board in the slightest, Weather we want £30 Million or not !

CITYROBBO said:

I reckon MH wants to focus on winning the Vodacom cup now. Things might start to pick up again next week... Think both Lescott and JT comes back to England next week as well!

the--dud said:
CITYROBBO said:

I reckon MH wants to focus on winning the Vodacom cup now. Things might start to pick up again next week... Think both Lescott and JT comes back to England next week as well!

yeah, think they are both back then so hopefully we'll know one way or the other by then. I hope we get Terry, but don't think we will and I'm hugely underwhelmed we're in for Lescott especially at the amount of money being mentioned. He scores alot of goals for a defender, fair enough but with the amount of strikers and attacking midfielders we have I'm hoping this won't be too much of a problem. On the ball he looks sluggish, he's hardly the ball carrying, sweeper type that most top teams have to link defence and midfield (Rio, Carvalho, Gallas etc) he's also not the quickest either. Imagine Lescott paired with Terry faced with Agbonlahor, Rooney or someone like through on the counter attack, can't see either of those two getting anywhere near them. If we spend 20+ million on Lescott I think we could get someone far better from Europe for that. But I think Mark Hughes wants proven Premier League hence the reasoning for Lescott.

We are in South Africa, our other targets are in America. It was bound to go quiet. Next week it will pick up again.

Ok I said I wouldn't post on here again but here's a little snippet from an interview with David Moyes today:

DAVID MOYES today revealed he is stepping up his search for a new defender – but not for the reason Evertonians have been fearing.

Though Manchester City continue to covet Joleon Lescott, their pursuit of the England international is destined to be fruitless as Moyes has absolutely no intentions of selling.

The only thing on the manager’s mind at present is adding to his numbers and bringing in a centre-half is top of the list of requirements.

With Phil Jagielka still a long way from returning from injury, Moyes needs cover for Lescott and Joseph Yobo, meaning he and his scouting staff are scouring Europe for the right option.

“We have got a decent team but we have a concern as we’ve only got two centre-backs at the club just now,” said Moyes, whose side face River Plate in Edmonton in the early hours of Sunday.

“That means I am going to have to add a central defender. It’s a priority – we don’t have cover at left-back either.

“Joleon could cover for Leighton Baines but we just don’t have the options to do that at the minute. There is a shortage there as well".

It doesn't say much but sounds like he doesn't have any intention of letting Lescott go.

Read in to it as much or as little as you like, thought i'd post it though so you could have someone at least posting something Lescott related.

Apologies if its already been posted by someone else but i'm not reading through endless pages to double check.

I'm leaving again now (again).

Bye :)

Bellamy's Caddy said:
the--dud said:

yeah, think they are both back then so hopefully we'll know one way or the other by then. I hope we get Terry, but don't think we will and I'm hugely underwhelmed we're in for Lescott especially at the amount of money being mentioned. He scores alot of goals for a defender, fair enough but with the amount of strikers and attacking midfielders we have I'm hoping this won't be too much of a problem. On the ball he looks sluggish, he's hardly the ball carrying, sweeper type that most top teams have to link defence and midfield (Rio, Carvalho, Gallas etc) he's also not the quickest either. Imagine Lescott paired with Terry faced with Agbonlahor, Rooney or someone like through on the counter attack, can't see either of those two getting anywhere near them. If we spend 20+ million on Lescott I think we could get someone far better from Europe for that. But I think Mark Hughes wants proven Premier League hence the reasoning for Lescott.
dont forget the new 6 + 5 rule, also Im sure MH is thinking of taking a decent player from each of the top 1-6 thus strengthening us and weakening them in the process.

M8 that a is a tenuous link at best, going to new levels there to try and convicne yourself he is staying.

ToffeeAndy said:
Ok I said I wouldn't post on here again but here's a little snippet from an interview with David Moyes today:

DAVID MOYES today revealed he is stepping up his search for a new defender – but not for the reason Evertonians have been fearing.

Though Manchester City continue to covet Joleon Lescott, their pursuit of the England international is destined to be fruitless as Moyes has absolutely no intentions of selling.

The only thing on the manager’s mind at present is adding to his numbers and bringing in a centre-half is top of the list of requirements.

With Phil Jagielka still a long way from returning from injury, Moyes needs cover for Lescott and Joseph Yobo, meaning he and his scouting staff are scouring Europe for the right option.

“We have got a decent team but we have a concern as we’ve only got two centre-backs at the club just now,” said Moyes, whose side face River Plate in Edmonton in the early hours of Sunday.

“That means I am going to have to add a central defender. It’s a priority – we don’t have cover at left-back either.

“Joleon could cover for Leighton Baines but we just don’t have the options to do that at the minute. There is a shortage there as well".

It doesn't say much but sounds like he doesn't have any intention of letting Lescott go.

Read in to it as much or as little as you like, thought i'd post it though so you could have someone at least posting something Lescott related.

Apologies if its already been posted by someone else but i'm not reading through endless pages to double check.

I'm leaving again now (again).

Bye :)
Once Lescott has signed ;) Im sure MH will loan you Garrido.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.