Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think Hangeland is overrated. I must have saw him on about 9 or 10 occasions last season and he never impressed me. I recall Vassell getting the better of him in the away game too. Though his work makes for a good match of the day analysis from Alan Hansen, I get the feeling he benefits immensly from the ultra compact system Fulham play, where there isn't much space for the opposition so balls are often played high which obviously is where he would excel.

Garry Cook said at the outset.................we have a plan and are going to stick with it and we will NOT get all our targets. Some will turn us down and others may not be available at a price we have valued the player at and some deals will take time. We have all been lulled into a sense of how easy it is to do deals just because Gareth Barry came on board quickly!

So far managed to tie up Barry, Cruz, Adebayor, Tevez, Taylor.

I think anybody would have took that at this stage with 3 weeks left to tackle some Defensive targets.

u2fme2 said:
wrongun73 said:
rather have hangeland any day of the week, if its a leader we're looking for.
fulham said they wouldn't sell.
but we have heard that before

6' 5" dominant centre half........what the fuck are we playing about at.....will squash the likes of rooney and owen...........get him signed up...........

Or as a long shot............Benedikt Howedes......from Schalke 04

davelyncooper said:
u2fme2 said:
fulham said they wouldn't sell.
but we have heard that before

6' 5" dominant centre half........what the fuck are we playing about at.....will squash the likes of rooney and owen...........get him signed up...........

I am somewhat perturbed by Mh's insisitence on buying only premiership proven players, I can somehow see his point as it is a safer bet but surely the mark of any half decent club is to find players, Bacon face did it with Staam & Vidic, Europe is a fooking big place.

So why does our boss seem intent of playing safe.................?

davelyncooper said:
davelyncooper said:

I am somewhat perturbed by Mh's insisitence on buying only premiership proven players, I can somehow see his point as it is a safer bet but surely the mark of any half decent club is to find players, Bacon face did it with Staam & Vidic, Europe is a fooking big place.

His job on the line and lets face it, if he succeeds here with the spotlight on him, he has jobs for the rest of his life pretty much as a manager.

davelyncooper said:

Maybe because if we sign 3 CB's that will be a total of 8 changes that would all look to be starting or first reserve on the bench and thats a hell of a lot of people to get used to each other without them trying to bed into the country and the league at the same time. Hughes needs to get into that top 6 this season as an absolute minimum, once that is achieved then you can start to accomodate bedding a couple of players new to the league quite comfortably. Im sure that if the right players become available now we have bought enough experience that they will be considered, Eto'o was an example of this and I wouldnt be surprised if at least one more from outside of the Prem comes in yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.