Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Coop said:
davelyncooper said:
I am somewhat perturbed by Mh's insisitence on buying only premiership proven players, I can somehow see his point as it is a safer bet but surely the mark of any half decent club is to find players, Bacon face did it with Staam & Vidic, Europe is a fooking big place.

So why does our boss seem intent of playing safe.................?

His job on the line and lets face it, if he succeeds here with the spotlight on him, he has jobs for the rest of his life pretty much as a manager.

Also, I wonder what his knowledge of non-UK players is like? Sven seemed to have an incredible insight into players across Europe (and wider). Does MH have this?

YankeeBlue said:
Mark seems to pillage the Bundesliga pretty well

i think Hughes has stopped watching Bundesliga now we have more money for him to blow.

prem, prem and more prem.

Chippy_boy said:
Blue Coop said:
His job on the line and lets face it, if he succeeds here with the spotlight on him, he has jobs for the rest of his life pretty much as a manager.

Also, I wonder what his knowledge of non-UK players is like? Sven seemed to have an incredible insight into players across Europe (and wider). Does MH have this?

It became pretty clear to me though that Sven's training was simply not good enough. He wasn't strict enough either, any Ego's would walk all over him. Mark Hughes is abit of a tougher character. I just hope he takes no crap. The day the players really start playing for the manager is the day Mark Hughes is capable of leading us to Top 4.

alera said:
The news doing the round in Tuesdays press seems to be we still want him but after the Terry fiasco he will have to put in a transfer request or make it very clear he wants to leave Everton and play for city before we will make an improved bid.

I think this is very wise, we are offering him a kings randsom, he needs to stop being a pussy and tell the truth if he wants this move to happen.

The point being we dont rate him at over £18 million straight cash and if he puts in a transfer request it greatly improves our bargaining position BURN BRIDGES with Everton, pisses off their fans etc...

Looks like Toure is definately happening, also expect us to make an offer for Upson before long which should be more straight forward.

No..No..Don't burn Bridge!
(Said in league of Gentlemen accent).

Rammy Blue said:
YankeeBlue said:
Mark seems to pillage the Bundesliga pretty well

i think Hughes has stopped watching Bundesliga now we have more money for him to blow.

Fook me......what type of a manager is it that buys only proven premiership players?..................a manager with limited knowledge/limited vision...............

davelyncooper said:
Rammy Blue said:

Fook me......what type of a manager is it that buys only proven premiership players?..................a manager with limited knowledge/limited vision...............

If he was buying abroad use lot would moan that we have no prem proven players grrrrrr. (DLC not aimed at you)

davelyncooper said:
Rammy Blue said:

Yeh I remember Zabaleta, Kompany and De Jong ripping up the premiership in recent years...

Going back to his Blackburn days, Samba, Santa Cruz, Neill, Nelson, all premiership main stays as well. Your knowledge is huge!!

BringBackSwales said:
It was a 100% done deal weeks ago, spursmad said it so it must be true!

didn't he say it was to be done over the next 24 hours .... 3 weeks ago :) ... £25m no chance will he go for that , £30m is the price now , take it or leave it ... Kenwright will never interfere in Moyes's transfer dealings and with Joleon having 3 years remaining on his contract , he's going nowhere while Jagielka is injured , not to forget its a world cup year and no amount of money will persuade Joleon to jeopardise a place in that squad ... He'll be playing his heart out for Everton this season , the team he's played for that got him from a championship place for Wolves to an England cap whilst at Everton , .. Now in12 months time you may have a chance of getting him ... If he wants to go ... but it would take an unrealistic fee to change David Moyes's mind this window ... Your valuation may fall well shorter than ours , but thats tough , you see Everton have him under contract and you don't .....

He`s coming to city and the fee will be nothing like £30 million you can be sure of that.

It might get up to £25 million. My real worry though is it will be £15 - £20 million and Nedum which would be a shit deal for us.

At the end of the day Everton are an impoverished feeder club. You need the money to cover debts and buy much needed squad players. He’s on £35k a week at Everton we are offering him £100k.

Only an idiot would turn down that sort of money and the opportunity to play for a much, bigger, better side with a chance of success and playing in the champions league in the coming years.

Love your new home and away kits by the way. You are going to be a laughing stock wearing those clown outfits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.