Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
mattyctid said:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/07/29/everton-fc-reject-latest-manchester-city-bid-for-joleon-lescott-100252-24266549/

2nd bid rejected

Key word missing...........'will' reject second bid not have!
Don't expect our bid to leap by 33% at one go we'll go to £20m in stages 16.5, 17.5, 19, 20................in the meantime Lescott will ask for a transfer.

lc-mcfc said:
GStar said:
It these kind of posts that make us look arrogant. Potentially bigger and better things; we have, on paper a squad that should at least challenge for 4th spot. But we've not had a chance to show that we are worthy of that yet.

It's hardly "the inevitable" either; i mean we've gone for plenty of palyers who've turned us down during this "revolution". Simply having deep pockets doesn't automatically make us a "big club".

How is it arrogant ffs?

It's fact, we have more potential than Everton and Lescott apparently wants to come.

Not going to lie and chat shit am I?

you're doing a good enough job sat at your desk!

lc-mcfc said:
How is it arrogant ffs?

It's fact, we have more potential than Everton and Lescott apparently wants to come.

I just explained to you how it is. "Bigger and Better things" first off, other than some fantastic signings and deep pockets we haven't actually stepped out with a full strength side in a game which matters.

We hope it'll be a great ride challenging for fourth this season, but we're rebuilding the entire team, for the 3rd season in a row, its going to take time to gain balance and work as a unit.

Infact, you answered your own question; potential doesn't currently mean shit. Hopefully Lescott wants to come but there's no proof there yet.

GStar said:
lc-mcfc said:
How is it arrogant ffs?

I just explained to you how it is. "Bigger and Better things" first off, other than some fantastic signings and deep pockets we haven't actually stepped out with a full strength side in a game which matters.

We hope it'll be a great ride challenging for fourth this season, but we're rebuilding the entire team, for the 3rd season in a row, its going to take time to gain balance and work as a unit.

Infact, you answered your own question; potential doesn't currently mean shit. Hopefully Lescott wants to come but there's no proof there yet.

Maybe I phrased it wrong but I wasn't meaning to be arrogant one bit.

Gstar potential does mean shit everton have the potential to break the top four like we do they ahve done it once, doesnt mean they will again!

lc-mcfc said:
Maybe I phrased it wrong but I wasn't meaning to be arrogant one bit.

Cool.

Apologies if it seemed like i was picking you out, it wasn't meant like that. Its just there a seeming growing number of posters who make out like we're "owed" 4th spot next season; because we've bought a couple players.

I still think theres a hell of a lot of work to do, to get whats on paper, onto the pitch.

lc-mcfc said:
How is it arrogant ffs?

Its arrogant because Everton have consistently, over many many seasons, been higher up the league than we have been, just because we have money to spend, and players signed, it does not mean we will finish higher, or be better. We might just be crap at making a team gel together and end up mid-table (again). When we can point to consistently being better than Everton, and that means getting to finals, qualifying for the champoions league, then it will be fine to say we are "bigger", that day may well come, but its certainly not arrived yet.

Everton have a manager who has proved himself at taking his club higher than City, and with very limited funds. We have a manager that some (not all) think can do the same, but with very considerable funds at his disposal, we'll see.

Bottom Line is that Lescott will stay at Everton until we offer what they think he is worth, transfer request or not, in their case, dealing with us, its a sellers market, he's under contract, and Moyes can, if he wishes (and it sounds like he does) run the risk of losing Lescott for nothing at the end of that contract.

While on some levels i agree in reality there potential has done just as much as us which is sod all really. Yes they've got to europe and made a cup final but won nothing, so in reality their potential has done nothing for them

mancboy123 said:
While on some levels i agree in reality there potential has done just as much as us which is sod all really. Yes they've got to europe and made a cup final but won nothing, so in reality their potential has done nothing for them

They've consistently finished higher than us, consistently qualified for Europe and had extended cup runs.

Thats a lot more than us in the same time.

From the very top level, you're right, both teams have won nothing. But performance wise, theres only really one winner. I think we're in a great position to overturn that next year, but as they say; "you've got to earn respect".

Simply declaring we're a bigger club because we signed a few players, is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.