Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellamy's Caddy said:
Matty said:
Lescott isn't worth £25m. Does anyone honestly feel he's the same value as Adebayor and Tevez? Of course he isn't.

I didn't think he was worth 15! If he didn't score goals there's no way he would valued as highly. With all the attacking players we have you'd like to think scoring goals isn't going to be our problem this year! Tevez and Adebayor are world class international forwards that's why they're worth 25 million, Lescott is not an international, has never played for a top 4 club and is worth nowhere near as much as Tevez or Adebayor. To pay 20 million or more for a defender you'd expect a world class, proven international, comfortable on the ball etc, This is not Lescott. Time to go abroad and take a risk on a genuine top class defender who will hopefully suit the premier league.

Fuck me. Finally some sense. Some of the values and posts by these "pro Lescott" posters are just embarassing.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
Matty said:
Lescott isn't worth £25m. Does anyone honestly feel he's the same value as Adebayor and Tevez? Of course he isn't.

I didn't think he was worth 15! If he didn't score goals there's no way he would valued as highly. With all the attacking players we have you'd like to think scoring goals isn't going to be our problem this year! Tevez and Adebayor are world class international forwards that's why they're worth 25 million, Lescott is not an international, has never played for a top 4 club and is worth nowhere near as much as Tevez or Adebayor. To pay 20 million or more for a defender you'd expect a world class, proven international, comfortable on the ball etc, This is not Lescott. Time to go abroad and take a risk on a genuine top class defender who will hopefully suit the premier league.
THIS!!

blue 1992 said:
Bellamy's Caddy said:
THIS!!

THIS!!

I'm relaxed now we've got Toure. If we dont get Lescott then it's fine, we've still got Onouha, Dunne and Kompany with Garrido as LB cover.

Keep our powder dry for when a World Class CB comes on the market after next years World Cup.

Lescott isn't worth £15m, never mind the £19m we've reportedly offered. We should look elsewhere, there's plenty of good centre backs to be had. Everton will only play ball if we offer stupid money. I don't want City to look stupid.

If we get Lescott I don't think there is anyone else in the prem that we would want that is acheivable, realistic and good enough.

Gerrard Torres Vidic Drogba Essien etc. They are unrealistic and non starters.

Players who are on the market such as Bent, Jenas, Cattermole etc aren't good enough for us.

Ashley Young and Arteta are players I would have (arguments about whether we need them aside) and they could be got at a price, I just think that price would be way too high.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
Matty said:

This ^^^ Lescott isn't worth it, for fuck sake we could probably sign Mexes, Chiellini or Criscito for less...

Mexes all day long,don't give the Bin Dippers any money to strengthen, love to hear Kenwright whinging about how he wishes some rich investor would come in, lets be honest why would you invest in Everton & its old aniquated stadium & besides Lescott isn't any better than Richards.

I'm torn on this, Lescott is quality but their valuation is a joke now and getting them to sell is becoming like getting blood from a stone - it's not like he's the last quality defender in the world, maybe it's time for us to start looking at other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.