Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ashtonblue said:
I don't understand all this he's not worth this and he's not worth that.

The bottom line is Mark Hughes is manager and he obviuosly sees something in Lescott that the majority of peope on here dont.

Also this isn't our money - its the Sheik's money. I know people dont want us to be seen as being ripped off but as we are the richest club in the world it WILL happen. Again I don't understand why people seem to losing sleep over it.

Hughes wants him big time by the looks of it. Personally I dont give two shits how much he costs. Just get him in and take it from there!!

We offered £15m, then we increased that to £18m. I'd say that gives us a rough estimate as to what value City and Hughes put on the player. This talk of £25m is farcical, if our initial offer was £15m there's simply no way we're going to pay £25m for him, increasing our initial bid by £10m gives out completely the wrong message.

As for the money not being ours, so what? I for one don't want teams like Everton taking us for a ride simply because we've got money.

mike24 said:
Forzacitizens said:
i would honestly take a chance on Chiellini. People on here say he is shit just because he didnt have the best of confederations cup, but he has quality

he is so clumsy it's untrue! he would be sent off 5 times a season and give away constant penalties.

He is a strong defender but way to clumsy

Don't let Taylorwill hear you say that.

waspish said:
For me 25 million is what he's worth for one he's english and don't forget his goal ratio is up there for a defender and eveybody knows
its harder to score goals in the premier league why do you think moyes is not interested at the moment with the 18 mill bid

Do you remember that season Steve Howey scored loads of goals for us? It was great and a real bonus. It didn't make him any better at defending but it was nice he was a threat from set pieces.......Now, I'm in no way comparing Lescott to Howey. Lescott is a better defender than Howey but just because someone scores goals doesn't make them a great defender. With our forwards hopefully we won't need to rely on a defender for goals! We've got world class strikers and now we need world class defenders. Toure is proven Top 4 player, has Champions League experience, is an international and has Captained a top 4 side. He deserves a partner of a similar pedigree. Lescott does not fit that bill, and certainly not for 20 million. I don't know who we should get instead but with the resources and scouting network available to Mark Hughes, he should have a fair idea! And if it means taking a chance abroad so be it, there's no guarantee Lescott would be a success if he signed, every signing has their risks and for me there's better people to chance it on for that money than Joleon Lescott.

For fook sake we are being made to look like bullying mercenaries, someone needs to have a word in lescotts ear and say .......HAND IN A FOOKIN TRANSFER REQUEST.

Simples :)

Matty said:
dannybcity said:
I heard today that the Lescott deal will be completed also that Nedum will never leave City as his family have a big influence over what he does. Does this make me the worst ITK ever?
Depends who you heard it from!!!

Ah ha as with most 'ITK' I don't think I'd be allowed to, I'm sure it would go against some kind of legal issue. I can assure you though I don't 'know' anyone, what and how I heard it was a complete fluke. But I don't usually make stuff up so you'll just have to believe what i heard.

;)

dannybcity said:
Matty said:
Depends who you heard it from!!!

Ah ha as with most 'ITK' I don't think I'd be allowed to, I'm sure it would go against some kind of legal issue. I can assure you though I don't 'know' anyone, what and how I heard it was a complete fluke. But I don't usually make stuff up so you'll just have to believe what i heard.

;)

Were you sat behind Cook on the bus?

johnmc said:
dannybcity said:

;)

Were you sat behind Cook on the bus?

Hahaha afraid not, to be fair I think the Lescott thing was more informed opinion than fact, but I thought I'd share it none the less.

Some more international defenders that I believe we could bid on:
Phillippe Mexes
Domenico Criscito
Bruno Alves
Heiko Westermann
Per Mertesacker
Alessandro Gamberini
Josip Simunic
Neven Subotić
Dmytro Chyhrynskiy

Don't know if they'd all be good enough or be suited for Man City, but it's just a couple of names to illustrate that there is quality defenders outside the EPL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.