Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellamy's Caddy said:
Time to go abroad and take a risk on a genuine top class defender who will hopefully suit the premier league.

Fair point, but can we name these 'genuine top class defenders'? The only other name I've heard mentioned is Mexes, and I personally think he'd be a step down from Lescott. Nothing like the same pace and a poor disciplinary record. Lescott is third choice for England behind Terry and Ferdinand, the two best centre backs in the world bar perhaps Puyol. That for me makes him 'genuine top class', although I appreciate where you're coming from i.e. proven in the CL and as a regular international.

i would honestly take a chance on Chiellini. People on here say he is shit just because he didnt have the best of confederations cup, but he has quality

Bellamy's Caddy said:
Matty said:
Lescott isn't worth £25m. Does anyone honestly feel he's the same value as Adebayor and Tevez? Of course he isn't.

I didn't think he was worth 15! If he didn't score goals there's no way he would valued as highly. With all the attacking players we have you'd like to think scoring goals isn't going to be our problem this year! Tevez and Adebayor are world class international forwards that's why they're worth 25 million, Lescott is not an international, has never played for a top 4 club and is worth nowhere near as much as Tevez or Adebayor. To pay 20 million or more for a defender you'd expect a world class, proven international, comfortable on the ball etc, This is not Lescott. Time to go abroad and take a risk on a genuine top class defender who will hopefully suit the premier league.

Agree, if we buy for 20mil, everton will buy a replacement as good if not better and have 5-10mil change. Lets not help finance our close rivals.

I think it is now time to show some class and walk away.

Release a statement saying that he is an Everton player and if Everton do not want to sell then we respect this fully.
Wish them both all the best for the new season and move on.
The ball will then be firmly in Lescott's court.
He will need to stay with Everton or request a move.

We look like predatory bullies if we keep this story running; also other clubs will think that if they wait we will continue to up the offer for players.

I don't understand all this he's not worth this and he's not worth that.

The bottom line is Mark Hughes is manager and he obviuosly sees something in Lescott that the majority of peope on here dont.

Also this isn't our money - its the Sheik's money. I know people dont want us to be seen as being ripped off but as we are the richest club in the world it WILL happen. Again I don't understand why people seem to losing sleep over it.

Hughes wants him big time by the looks of it. Personally I dont give two shits how much he costs. Just get him in and take it from there!!

ashtonblue said:

The bottom line is Mark Hughes is manager and he obviuosly sees something in Lescott that the majority of peope on here dont.

Also this isn't our money - its the Sheik's money. I know people dont want us to be seen as being ripped off but as we are the richest club in the world it WILL happen. Again I don't understand why people seem to losing sleep over it.

Hughes wants him big time by the looks of it. Personally I dont give two shits how much he costs. Just get him in and take it from there!!

I concur.

ashtonblue said:

I am sick of hearing "it's not our money" its about how well it's spent, Everton are taking the piss, for 20 mill we could get a class european defender and by doing this it doesn't fund the scousers summer spend

Forzacitizens said:
i would honestly take a chance on Chiellini. People on here say he is shit just because he didnt have the best of confederations cup, but he has quality

he is so clumsy it's untrue! he would be sent off 5 times a season and give away constant penalties.

He is a strong defender but way to clumsy

For me 25 million is what he's worth for one he's english and don't forget his goal ratio is up there for a defender and eveybody knows
its harder to score goals in the premier league why do you think moyes is not interested at the moment with the 18 mill bid

BlueMooner87 said:
ashtonblue said:

I am sick of hearing "it's not our money" its about how well it's spent, Everton are taking the piss, for 20 mill we could get a class european defender and by doing this it doesn't fund the scousers summer spend

Only in your opinion tho mate.............Mark Hughes is manager and he obviously disagrees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.