Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ashtonblue said:
I don't understand all this he's not worth this and he's not worth that.

The bottom line is Mark Hughes is manager and he obviuosly sees something in Lescott that the majority of peope on here dont.

Also this isn't our money - its the Sheik's money. I know people dont want us to be seen as being ripped off but as we are the richest club in the world it WILL happen. Again I don't understand why people seem to losing sleep over it.

Just because our owners are rich, it doesn't mean that are stupid with their money. They will need to see value or they won't go for it.

I was bitterly disappointed we didn't get Etoo, but that fell apart because DESPITE OUR WEALTH we were not prepared to stump up an extra few million to sort out the loyatly bonus fiasco.

I can't see us paying massively over the odds for Lescott either. And £18m is already over the odds.

Lescott is going to have to force this if he (understandably) wants to come here to double his pay.

the--dud said:
ROSLER_28 said:

FFS, all these players are more or less first choice for their national teams. I know them because I've seen them play not because of some stupid PC game. Just because you don't know them yourself doesn't mean they're plucked from Football Manager.
As I said, it was just to throw some names into the air. Lescott isn't the only quality CB we can get...

Am I right in thinking there is a rule on the number of 'home grown' players for next seasons champions league?? maybe thats why he is focusing on buying young English players instead of pulling in some 9ft 6 centre half from Kazakhstan (or wherever) who's captain of his national team.

I'd rather we withdraw interest now and leave Everton unable to strengthen their team this summer.

C_T_I_D said:
I'd rather we withdraw interest now and leave Everton unable to strengthen their team this summer.

Agree with that.

Everton have been punching above their weight for too long. I don't believe they can sustain this without substantial investment and by handing over an inflated transfer fee for Lescott we would be giving Moyes the ability to unearth some quality and thereby strengthen his team. Pull out now, recall Jo (if possible) and fcuk them.

Its about fecking time to tell that fecking scottish asshole to go feck him selfand make a cream pie. I hate that fecker

ashtonblue said:
the--dud said:
FFS, all these players are more or less first choice for their national teams. I know them because I've seen them play not because of some stupid PC game. Just because you don't know them yourself doesn't mean they're plucked from Football Manager.
As I said, it was just to throw some names into the air. Lescott isn't the only quality CB we can get...

Am I right in thinking there is a rule on the number of 'home grown' players for next seasons champions league?? maybe thats why he is focusing on buying young English players instead of pulling in some 9ft 6 centre half from Kazakhstan (or wherever) who's captain of his national team.

No, the new rule is for "home grown" players in the squad. Their nationality is not the issue.

I am sort of comming round to that way of thinking. Its obvious that unless they sell him they have no money to spend. Looking at their squad they dont have enough depth to challenge in the top 6 without bringing in some cover given the size of their squad and injuries and our obvious improvement (plus spurs and Villa likely to strengthen)

If we want a proven player good enough for the top 6 we should go for Upson or Hangerland. If we want a better player potentially (all be it with some slight risK) for the same sort of money we could get Bruno Alves.

I am getting a bit bored with Everton and the player to be perfectly honest. Hes not worth £25 million Or more and if Lescott wont fight for the move why should we bother ?

I think part of the problem is the minimum 10% sell on Wolves have and the fact that Moyes will only get half the money to spend. They wont be able to replace like for like for 10 - 15 million and get in the other players they need to tread water.

Even if we pay £25 million and Moyes get £20 million to spend they cant pay the going rate for wages and they would need to buy 2 centre backs and a right back with that money and still find the wages.

Everton are in a very bad position going into the new season IMO.

twinkletoes said:
ashtonblue said:

No, the new rule is for "home grown" players in the squad. Their nationality is not the issue.

The 6 + 5 ruling will be this:

At the beginning of each match, each club must field at least 6 players eligible to play for the national team of the country of the club. However, there is no restriction on the number of non-eligible players under contract with the club, nor on substitutes to avoid non-sportive constraints on the coaches (potentially 3+8 at the end of a match).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.