Domenico Criscito
Bruno Alves
Heiko Westermann
Per Mertesacker
Alessandro Gamberini
Josip Simunic
Neven Subotić
Dmytro Chyhrynskiy

Don't know if they'd all be good enough or be suited for Man City, but it's just a couple of names to illustrate that there is quality defenders outside the EPL...

Simunic really is a poor defender. Doesn't turn well, slow, prone to poor challenges.

the--dud said:
Some more international defenders that I believe we could bid on:
Phillippe Mexes
Domenico Criscito
Bruno Alves
Heiko Westermann
Per Mertesacker
Alessandro Gamberini
Josip Simunic
Neven Subotić
Dmytro Chyhrynskiy

Don't know if they'd all be good enough or be suited for Man City, but it's just a couple of names to illustrate that there is quality defenders outside the EPL...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, FM09 should not be used as a scouting tool.

the--dud said:
Phillippe Mexes
Domenico Criscito
Bruno Alves
Heiko Westermann
Per Mertesacker
Alessandro Gamberini
Josip Simunic
Neven Subotić
Dmytro Chyhrynskiy

Not heard of a lot of them to be fair but I hadn't heard of Vidic and if we can get a find like him then we would have a squad on our hands.

Alves is mentioned a lot, how old is he?

Matty said:
the--dud said:
Phillippe Mexes
Domenico Criscito
Bruno Alves
Heiko Westermann
Per Mertesacker
Alessandro Gamberini
Josip Simunic
Neven Subotić
Dmytro Chyhrynskiy

I've said it before and I'll say it again, FM09 should not be used as a scouting tool.
You must be wrong Matty, as it seems there are loads of people about who are using it to inform their opinion. It makes you wonder why the management are not using it or employing the users as scouts for the club.

the--dud said:
Phillippe Mexes
Domenico Criscito
Bruno Alves
Heiko Westermann
Per Mertesacker
Alessandro Gamberini
Josip Simunic
Neven Subotić
Dmytro Chyhrynskiy

Great in defence at CB and LB and midfield, if the lescott pursuit fails he would be a great alternative. German, German league a match made in Heaven for MH. Price will be less than 20-25mil

Matty said:
the--dud said:
Phillippe Mexes
Domenico Criscito
Bruno Alves
Heiko Westermann
Per Mertesacker
Alessandro Gamberini
Josip Simunic
Neven Subotić
Dmytro Chyhrynskiy

Amen

We cant let this turn into a farce ala Terry. He either wants to come or he doesnt. Alonso just put in a transfer request at Liverpool. He has made it clear he wants to leave.

He will now get the move he wants I am certain. I have said this 1000 times - Lescott, be honest, be a man and say publically you want the move, its no good doing it behind closed doors. Fuck the Everton fans, in the same boat they would do exactly the same thing as would most of us. If hes scared of Moyes hes a fool.

If this deal does not happen now it will be because the player has not publically agitated for it and thats his call.

We all know its about money but also he lives in Hale South Manchester already, his kid is settled in school in Wilmslow (I know goes to school with my mates kid) Less travel time = more time with his family.

More prestiege playing for a bigger side going place in a nice full ground, higher profile this is good for his career as well as financially and for his family.

I think hes mad if he lets this opportunity go TBH but like I said his call.

The club should put a 1 week deadline on this if its not done by next Friday we should move onto bigger and better things we only have 3 more preseason games !

alera said:
We cant let this turn into a farce ala Terry. He either wants to come or he doesnt. Alonso just put in a transfer request at Liverpool. He has made it clear he wants to leave.

He will now get the move he wants I am certain. I have said this 1000 times - Lescott, be honest, be a man and say publically you want the move, its no good doing it behind closed doors. Fuck the Everton fans, in the same boat they would do exactly the same thing as would most of us. If hes scared of Moyes hes a fool.

If this deal does not happen now it will be because the player has not publically agitated for it and thats his call.

We all know its about money but also he lives in Hale South Manchester already, his kid is settled in school in Wilmslow (I know goes to school with my mates kid) Less travel time = more time with his family.

More prestiege playing for a bigger side going place in a nice full ground, higher profile this is good for his career as well as financially and for his family.

I think hes mad if he lets this opportunity go TBH but like I said his call.

The club should put a 1 week deadline on this if its not done by next Friday we should move onto bigger and better things we only have 3 more preseason games !
good shout that alera agree with all you've said, 19mil seemes a weird figure so my guess is that it was to test the water then if it failed put the big final 1 in, like you said tho give it a week if everton are still holding firm move on

ROSLER_28 said:
Matty said:

Amen

FFS, all these players are more or less first choice for their national teams. I know them because I've seen them play not because of some stupid PC game. Just because you don't know them yourself doesn't mean they're plucked from Football Manager.
As I said, it was just to throw some names into the air. Lescott isn't the only quality CB we can get...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.