Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darker shade of Blue said:
auction294 said:
...because in my view of the past few seasons you have achieved a final league position which is better than the teams ability. The league table doesn't lie, but in this case I truly believe Everton have punched above their weight and are a top ten to five team, rather than a top five team. If you recall, Everton got off to a fairly sluggish start the past couple of seasons, and the some sections of fans were quite vociferous in their criticism of Moyes. Had this poor run manifested itself a little further then confidence which is the key may have been affected. You could have quite easily found yourselves in mid table mediocrity for the remainder of the season.

Could that not be said of City whilst in a relegation place mid season ?
When you win a title 5 times , would you be punching above your weight ? Why is it when you consistantly finish in the top section that the tag still applies ? Banter aside , it's time to give Everton a little credit and respect for their achievements , rather than think of them as over achieving .

Don't call me a prat mate, I just dont agree with everton fans coming onto another clubs forum acting the goat. And im not having a personal go as I dont know what you've posted but there have been posts on here that makes some of our fans look a bit idiotic. Anyway, I agree with what you have said above. Before this summer I believe we had the best first XI outside of the top 4 and we haven't been able to play that for some time. I still think only City can now boast a better XI and even then you can't put a price on a proper 'team' that works well together. We over achieved when we finished 4th, our recent achievements have been fully merited.

Finally, a little sense from DSOB.
Agree that respect is due for Everton - achieving high finishes with a limited budget - & pretty loyal support too.
However most of that is due to the combative style & being particularly difficult to beat. Great for overcoming most teams, but you have reached the 'glass ceiling' where that style will take you no further.
We're having to compact 3-4 years of champions league style spending into 1 season to launch a bid to break into the top 4.
Even with this sort of financial clout we still have to go out & make it happen.
Without this sort of backing, you have no chance.
Sorry, but true.

auction294 said:
...because in my view of the past few seasons you have achieved a final league position which is better than the teams ability. The league table doesn't lie, but in this case I truly believe Everton have punched above their weight and are a top ten to five team, rather than a top five team. If you recall, Everton got off to a fairly sluggish start the past couple of seasons, and the some sections of fans were quite vociferous in their criticism of Moyes. Had this poor run manifested itself a little further then confidence which is the key may have been affected. You could have quite easily found yourselves in mid table mediocrity for the remainder of the season.

When you win a title 5 times , would you be punching above your weight ? Why is it when you consistantly finish in the top section that the tag still applies ? Banter aside , it's time to give Everton a little credit and respect for their achievements , rather than think of them as over achieving .

Sorry to answer a question with a question but look at this way. Take Chelsea, a team who have seemingly changed manager annually, they have consistently achieved a top 4 position, why because they have a good team so they cannot be classed as over achieving. Take Moyes out of Everton and where do you think you would finish?

Blue Phil said:
which are what exactly? am i correct in thinking that you have won jack all in the 21st century?

It's these short sighted comments that make a discussion difficult .

Mutley said:

Don't call me a prat mate, I just dont agree with everton fans coming onto another clubs forum acting the goat. And im not having a personal go as I dont know what you've posted but there have been posts on here that makes some of our fans look a bit idiotic. Anyway, I agree with what you have said above. Before this summer I believe we had the best first XI outside of the top 4 and we haven't been able to play that for some time. I still think only City can now boast a better XI and even then you can't put a price on a proper 'team' that works well together. We over achieved when we finished 4th, our recent achievements have been fully merited.

good post that mate. a team can always look good on paper, it's just how it gel's really, our team looks like one of the best in the league now but will we be successful?? time will tell!!

paul_blue said:
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/article.html?Neville_hits_out_at_Citys_pursuit_of_Lescott&in_article_id=712101&in_page_id=43

MUPPET!!

"There are ways and means of doing things - and Everton do it the right way."

No Phil, there are ways and means of doing things - and Everton do it the only way open to them." If Everton had a seemingly infinite amount of money then they too would be looking at players who are at or near their peak and trying to build a title winning side. They don't so they have to conduct themselves a different way in the transfer market.

Yet more bullshit from someone wtih no grasp on reality and no clue how modern football actually works.

I love teh comment that Everton will be signign 4 or 5 more players even though itts clear they have no money to spend unless Lescott is sold.

They couldnt even scrape the £5 million together to sign a championship fullback with 40 games under his belt !

"There are ways and means of doing things - and Everton do it the right way."

Thats the line that made me piss... typical Neville comment!!

I like Phil Neville, could do a job for us as cover in a few different positions.

sure a 10mil bid would snare him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.