Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bizzbo said:
moomba said:
Resolve comes from being prepared to walk away when you're not going to get a satisfactory resolution. We've made Everton a fantastic offer. They want more. It's time to walk away IMO.

You are right about being prepared to walk away. city have done this previously, so I am confident that this will happen if things go too far. Whether or not that time is already here, depends on how important lescott in particular is to MH's plans. I can see that he has a unique blend of attributes(left footed, powerful physique, english, pace, ongoing interest in joining the project) that would make him desirable enough to justify one more bid. I just detest the idea that we have embarrassed ourselves in anyway, or should meekly accept Moyes's (and Neville's) public proclamations that he is not for sale. If that was the case, they could have ended it after the first bid. They have tacitly accepted the prospect of him moving. I feel there is a deal to be done here, if city nail the next bid.
you my man are saying everything i want to say but 5 mins earlier, agreein with all your posts about this.

Rammy Blue said:
just got in and speed read the last 30/40 pages.....utter waffle/shite.

a transfer fee is directly related to the wages a player earns - Tranny cost 80mil he earns 250k per week, Ade and Carlos cost 25mil and they will earn 160k etc etc.

if Everton reject a 20mil offer for Lescott then it puts him in the 100+k per week bracket - will the blue dippers offer him such a deal to placate him?....will they fuckers like.

i will happily eat humble pie if worng however i repeat that this deal is already done, whatever bollocks we are reading and hearing is purely for the fans and media - JL will be ours for circa 20mil, whether or not he has to PUBLICALLY put in a transfer request is irrelevant.

if Everton seriously wanted to keep him and were not entertaining selling JL to us they would be PUBLICALLY talking about wanting to sit down with him to organize an improved contract.

this transfer will happen.

I think it will happen but I think we'll get him for a terrible price which obviously isn't a problem financially, it will send out the wrong messege.

Rather get Hangeland for the right price. Saying that, I still would be happy with signing Lescott, just not the price we paid.

Rammy Blue said:
just got in and speed read the last 30/40 pages.....utter waffle/shite.

a transfer fee is directly related to the wages a player earns - Tranny cost 80mil he earns 250k per week, Ade and Carlos cost 25mil and they will earn 160k etc etc.

if Everton reject a 20mil offer for Lescott then it puts him in the 100+k per week bracket - will the blue dippers offer him such a deal to placate him?....will they fuckers like.

i will happily eat humble pie if worng however i repeat that this deal is already done, whatever bollocks we are reading and hearing is purely for the fans and media - JL will be ours for circa 20mil, whether or not he has to PUBLICALLY put in a transfer request is irrelevant.

if Everton seriously wanted to keep him and were not entertaining selling JL to us they would be PUBLICALLY talking about wanting to sit down with him to organize an improved contract.

this transfer will happen.
good post fella

Lomas has a lob on said:
bizzbo said:
You are right about being prepared to walk away. city have done this previously, so I am confident that this will happen if things go too far. Whether or not that time is already here, depends on how important lescott in particular is to MH's plans. I can see that he has a unique blend of attributes(left footed, powerful physique, english, pace, ongoing interest in joining the project) that would make him desirable enough to justify one more bid. I just detest the idea that we have embarrassed ourselves in anyway, or should meekly accept Moyes's (and Neville's) public proclamations that he is not for sale. If that was the case, they could have ended it after the first bid. They have tacitly accepted the prospect of him moving. I feel there is a deal to be done here, if city nail the next bid.
you my man are saying everything i want to say but 5 mins earlier, agreein with all your posts about this.

You mean like saying publicly, he is not for sale, at any price ??
Or maybe the club chairman saying the same ???

Yeah, maybe they should come out and say that, just like Lescott has come out and publicly admitted his love for City, and his desperation to move out of a club doing really badly, and moving to a proven top 5 team.

Imagine....!

This thread, and much of this board have turned into what EVERYONE detested about Manchester United, arrogant, over confident, cocky bastards.

I really dont want this opinion to remain with me, as I had so much respect for City.

Let me put this to you all.

If you didnt have these rich owners, would Lescott leave Everton for Man City ???

Pabbers said:
This thread, and much of this board have turned into what EVERYONE detested about Manchester United, arrogant, over confident, cocky bastards.

I really dont want this opinion to remain with me, as I had so much respect for City.

If you didnt have these rich owners, would Lescott leave Everton for Man City ???

Obviously not!

And while I appreciate your sentiment pabbers, I think the way some city fans are becoming is a result of the state of siege that we feel we're living under. You coming on here and making reasoned discussion is the rarity for fans of other clubs who've been on the board in recent weeks. Also, will Yakubu start next season?

Pabbers said:
Lomas has a lob on said:

Yeah, maybe they should come out and say that, just like Lescott has come out and publicly admitted his love for City, and his desperation to move out of a club doing really badly, and moving to a proven top 5 team.

Imagine....!

Silly question, actually that's the most pointless question I've heard in a while.

You can ask these ''if'' questions to most football clubs. E.G. Would Ronaldo have joined Madrid if they weren't rich?

Dick head.

Dobsy87 said:
Pabbers said:

Obviously not!

And while I appreciate your sentiment pabbers, I think the way some city fans are becoming is a result of the state of siege that we feel we're living under. You coming on here and making reasoned discussion is the rarity for fans of other clubs who've been on the board in recent weeks. Also, will Yakubu start next season?

Thats fair enough mate.

I have seen some of the Comments from my fellow Everton fans, and they have been quite embarrassing.

What gets me at the moment, is people seeming to think its a given, that Lescott will walk out on Everton, and if it doesn't happen he will be gutted that his dream move didnt happen.

This is absolute bullshit. I think Lescott will go, and the only factor is the money. You said it yourself, he would not even consider the move if the cash was not their, even if you offerd £10k a week more, I think he would say no.

He will leave, because you will offer him more than double what we will EVER offer him. He is not worth 100k a week.

He is not our best defender.

He was great for us because of Moyes and Jagielka, and the work the team did for him and with him to develop him into the player he is now, I dont think he will be as good with any other team.

I didnt think City fans were this arrogant to be honest.

Anyway, Yakubu....he is in full training, he will be involved in some way from the start of the season.

Just a point. If Jagielka would have never got injured, would you have gone for him instead of Lescott ?? or maybe even both ??

mcfcliam said:
Pabbers said:

Imagine....!

Silly question, actually that's the most pointless question I've heard in a while.

You can ask these ''if'' questions to most football clubs. E.G. Would Ronaldo have joined Madrid if they weren't rich?

Dick head.

Haha, well put mate. What a stupid question. Would annoying everton fans be on our forums asking stupid questions if we didn't have rich owners......probably not, I guess you can't have eveything.

mcfcliam said:
Pabbers said:

Imagine....!

Dick head.

Thats also bollocks.

Ronaldo would have considerd joining Madrid if they were skint, without a doubt. He joined them because ALL none british player dream of playing for Real or Barca, its been that way for over 50 years., they are the biggest Club on the planet, always have been, money will not change that.

Pabbers said:

If your mum had bollocks she'd be your dad.

If Evertoin had a rich owner he wouldn't want to move.

But you don't.

And we do.

So your point is, well, pointless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.