Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you what's embarrassing. People saying this is putting us in a bad light and we should give up. Where is your resolve, your backbone? How thin are your skins? What matters, what a bunch of twats in the media think? What other clubs think? Or city getting the team the manager wants?

There are people on here who are apparently in full agreement with Phil Neville's laughable attempt to paint city as a bunch of parvenu's without any class, without any morals, guilty of the crime of making a very good offer for a player who is interested in joining us.

now THAT's embarrassing. city fans, know your enemy. little clue, it's the sanctimonious ex-rag:

chuckle brother one said not said:
The club have turned down two offers and the manager is not prepared to sell him. Let's move on and let's look forward to the new season.

Will City get the message? The way they are going about their business, I don't think they will. There are ways and means of doing things - and Everton do it the right way.

bizzbo said:
I'll tell you what's embarrassing. People saying this is putting us in a bad light and we should give up. Where is your resolve, your backbone? How thin are your skins? What matters, what a bunch of twats in the media think? What other clubs think? Or city getting the team the manager wants?

Resolve comes from being prepared to walk away when you're not going to get a satisfactory resolution. We've made Everton a fantastic offer. They want more. It's time to walk away IMO.

Give Lescott and Everton a week to sort it out if not move on IMO. Only 3 games left in pre season.

Ne vile jnr - pathetic.

If they don't want to sell fine ... their loss .. the nylon-clad dipping bellwhiffs won't get half of what we're offering for Joleon this time next year. Hughes has already said he's got other irons in the fire. Alves or Mertersacker - not his first choice because of their lack of Prem experience - but good players nonetheless.

bizzbo said:

There are people on here who are apparently in full agreement with Phil Neville's laughable attempt to paint city as a bunch of parvenu's without any class, without any morals, guilty of the crime of making a very good offer for a player who is interested in joining us.

now THAT's embarrassing. city fans, know your enemy. little clue, it's the sanctimonious ex-rag:

chuckle brother one said not said:
The club have turned down two offers and the manager is not prepared to sell him. Let's move on and let's look forward to the new season.

Will City get the message? The way they are going about their business, I don't think they will. There are ways and means of doing things - and Everton do it the right way.

^^^THIS^^^

I could not give a toss what anyone thinks - I want Cook to get Hughes the players he wants and if that means pissing a few people off then so what? Do you really give a toss what Moyes, Chuckle or anyone else for that matter says? If Hughes wants him the Club should do all they can to get him until the bids reach a level where we won't go any further. I think £20m and they will sell but if not then that is the time to walk away - not now.

moomba said:
bizzbo said:

Resolve comes from being prepared to walk away when you're not going to get a satisfactory resolution. We've made Everton a fantastic offer. They want more. It's time to walk away IMO.

You are right about being prepared to walk away. city have done this previously, so I am confident that this will happen if things go too far. Whether or not that time is already here, depends on how important lescott in particular is to MH's plans. I can see that he has a unique blend of attributes(left footed, powerful physique, english, pace, ongoing interest in joining the project) that would make him desirable enough to justify one more bid. I just detest the idea that we have embarrassed ourselves in anyway, or should meekly accept Moyes's (and Neville's) public proclamations that he is not for sale. If that was the case, they could have ended it after the first bid. They have tacitly accepted the prospect of him moving. I feel there is a deal to be done here, if city nail the next bid.

california blue said:
He was shite last night - like a cross between richards and dunne on a bad day ..... ball watching, bad positional sense and nearly scored 2 own goals.
could that because his mind his elsewhere, and he was totally baffeld as to why his current club had just turned down an amazing offer for him?

just got in and speed read the last 30/40 pages.....utter waffle/shite.

a transfer fee is directly related to the wages a player earns - Tranny cost 80mil he earns 250k per week, Ade and Carlos cost 25mil and they will earn 160k etc etc.

if Everton reject a 20mil offer for Lescott then it puts him in the 100+k per week bracket - will the blue dippers offer him such a deal to placate him?....will they fuckers like.

i will happily eat humble pie if worng however i repeat that this deal is already done, whatever bollocks we are reading and hearing is purely for the fans and media - JL will be ours for circa 20mil, whether or not he has to PUBLICALLY put in a transfer request is irrelevant.

if Everton seriously wanted to keep him and were not entertaining selling JL to us they would be PUBLICALLY talking about wanting to sit down with him to organize an improved contract.

this transfer will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.