Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
happyblue. said:
Hi guys

update on this one. Having been told that a deal was on pending Everton bringing in a replacement, Everton have been playing hardball with the fee and moving the goalposts (no pun intended!)

City are now ready to call their bluff and walk away. I would say this has gone from near certainty to very unlikely now.

I expect this to break in the next day or so.

Thanks for the info

Shame but if Everton are screwing us around so be it

I guess we'll either move on to the next target..... I do wonder if this will be a CB or cover at LB for Bridge

or we'll stick with what we have - which isn't to shabby

Pabbers said:
Some stories on NSNO about Spurs watching the Lescott situation.

They have cash, always have....and would offer a couple of players in the deal apparently.
whats your thoughts on that? surely that wouldn't go down well him going to spurs at least you lot would be able to say he joined us for the money, if he went to spurs that would be a much bigger sideways move, cant see that myself.

happyblue. said:
Hi guys

update on this one. Having been told that a deal was on pending Everton bringing in a replacement, Everton have been playing hardball with the fee and moving the goalposts (no pun intended!)

City are now ready to call their bluff and walk away. I would say this has gone from near certainty to very unlikely now.

Everton's stance has never changed....they will not sell, unless lescott says he wants to go, which has not heppend.......yet!

happyblue. said:
Hi guys

any ideas on 2nd choice targets?

leewill31 said:
happyblue. said:
Hi guys

Upson.....It's not a secret.

if we walk away from this deal then so be it.We cant be held to ransom and if Lescott doesnt hand in a transfer request then we have no chance.Shame but onwards and upwards.Would really like us to bid for Bruno Alves.He would be a star for us and also one mean MF who with Toure would form a solid partnership!

leewill31 said:
happyblue. said:
Hi guys

Not been told anything concrete BUT heard a whisper that Alex from Chelsea is high up on the list, but that's not exactly top secret!

Lomas has a lob on said:
Pabbers said:
Some stories on NSNO about Spurs watching the Lescott situation.

They have cash, always have....and would offer a couple of players in the deal apparently.
whats your thoughts on that? surely that wouldn't go down well him going to spurs at least you lot would be able to say he joined us for the money, if he went to spurs that would be a much bigger sideways move, cant see that myself.

Nah, a move to Spurs is just the same as a move to City.

The only difference being that city will offer more money.

Moving to City is a sideways step at the moment.....give it a year it will be a step up...maybe!

I just want us to get the best deal possible. If he stays, he will be just as happy, I think now though, he knows now he can get silly money.

Spurs will prob offer Huddleston and Hutton, plus cash....which will reduce what we have to give to Wolves.....and fill the positions we are in need of.

To be honest, im to old to be caring to much about individuals, I learnt my lesson when we sold Lineker. They can sell them all, I will still be just as stupidly passionate about my club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.