Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
happyblue. said:
Hi guys

update on this one. Having been told that a deal was on pending Everton bringing in a replacement, Everton have been playing hardball with the fee and moving the goalposts (no pun intended!)

City are now ready to call their bluff and walk away. I would say this has gone from near certainty to very unlikely now.

I expect this to break in the next day or so.

Pleased with this news to be honest. Just hope for Everton's sake that Lescott wasn't keen on the move to City, coz their going to have one unhappy bunny on their hands. Still, not our problem, lets move on to our next target.

im not sure if going for that Alex at chelsea is a better option than Richards, Onouha or Dunne at full back to be honest

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article6734060.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 734060.ece</a>

The Times understands that Sébastien Bassong, the Newcastle United defender, or Alex, the Chelsea centre back, are being lined up as alternative targets.

mcfcliam said:
Pabbers, do you think Lescott wants to move to City?

Also, do you think Lescott will be a City player or an Everton player in September?

I think he will only go if Everton accept a bid, like most players.

He wants the money, like we all do.

If it come down to Everton or City....which its not, and it never will,
thats not the choice anymore...its £100k or £45k....you decide!

I think he would pick City....and I DID think he was nailed on for City....not sure now!

Project Rain said:
bizzbo said:
Upson.....It's not a secret.

It is considering the Upson link is garbage.

I can believe it, but it's something I've heard repeatedly from outlets who have been very accurate so far this summer. The latest Times article puts a different slant on it however. Is there any other particular reason I should disregard the link?

Pabbers said:
mcfcliam said:
Pabbers, do you think Lescott wants to move to City?

Also, do you think Lescott will be a City player or an Everton player in September?

I think he will only go if Everton accept a bid, like most players.

He wants the money, like we all do.

If it come down to Everton or City....which its not, and it never will,
thats not the choice anymore...its £100k or £45k....you decide!

I think he would pick City....and I DID think he was nailed on for City....not sure now!

the thing that confuses me, is that, by your own estimation, City should be ahead of Everton the season after next, but you don't accept that this may be a factor in Jolean's thinking.

Forzacitizens said:
im not sure if going for that Alex at chelsea is a better option than Richards, Onouha or Dunne at full back to be honest

Agree!

Richards/Zab---Dunne/Onuoha---Toure---Bridge/garrido

Will do me!

personally id be happy if we didnt spend another pound this window.

Moebius said:
Forzacitizens said:

Agree!

Richards/Zab---Dunne/Onuoha---Toure---Bridge/garrido

Will do me!

personally id be happy if we didnt spend another pound this window.

i would be happy with that defensive line up, but i think we need a leader in defence. But no Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.