Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lescott has the power to make this transfer happen he has a list of four steps available to him

1, Ask moyes for a transfer - Done but refused
2, Go to kenwright and verbally ask him
3, Hand in a written transfer request to everton
4, Refuse to play

According to media he's already done step one and he's gonna/already has bypass/ed step 2 and go/gone to step 3. I cant see it coming to step 4 because as stated in previous posts everton relie heavily on team morale on lescott surely cant be helping them with his want away antics

not my fault! said:
celf said:
theres alot of miles left in this transfer yet IMO

How many miles? Just so I know... These late nights are killing me.

To state the obvious no more than 27 days.

He is MH's main objective now so we'll do all we can to land him even if it takes until 31st August. Given everton's stance there could be a few twists along the way so be prepared to be patient. What matters most now is that we eventually sign him. Something will eventually give and I'm pretty sure he'll end up at COMS at some point during this window.
In the scheme of things we only play 3 games before the end of August, B'burn, Wolves and pompey which are hardly taxing, so I can't see MH abandoning this one unless lescott or everton tell us to do one in no uncertain terms, which hasn't happened as yet. There's a 12 day break after pompey and another 35 games left in the season + the cups so it's hardly gonna break us even if we only sign him at 11:59 on 31/8/09. We've always got Jan to fall back on to find another quality defender.

If he doesn't end up coming then at least we've unsettled their team.

good thing to do especially with a team so built around morale and team spirit.

if that seems cynical then thats because it is, but the way other clubs (Everton among them) their fans and the media have reacted to us since our takeover we don't owe anyone anything, and there's hardly any point trying to win friends by this point is there. Fuck 'em, it's us against the rest of the footballing world and we're tearing up the fucking queensberry rules book. We didn't chose that situation but that's how it's been made to be.

my best guess is that Moyes has found lining up a replacement to be problematic. I'm sure he is after as much money as possible, but that doesn't explain everything, and neither do any feelings he has on the matter personally. He doesn't want Lescott to go, he doesn't want to give in to City, he doesn't want to run a selling club, he doesn't want the fans on his back. Fair enough David, but you risk repeating what happened to Tottenham with Berbatov. They got a couple of extra million but left themselves no time to get a replacement and unsettled their manager. their entire season was ruined. ultimately it was a major factor in them falling from regular top 6 finishes, to flirting with relegation. be smart. get the deal done, turn it into a positive.

bizzbo said:
my best guess is that Moyes has found lining up a replacement to be problematic. I'm sure he is after as much money as possible, but that doesn't explain everything, and neither do any feelings he has on the matter personally. He doesn't want Lescott to go, he doesn't want to give in to City, he doesn't want to run a selling club, he doesn't want the fans on his back. Fair enough David, but you risk repeating what happened to Tottenham with Berbatov. They got a couple of extra million but left themselves no time to get a replacement and unsettled their manager. their entire season was ruined. ultimately it was a major factor in them falling from regular top 6 finishes, to flirting with relegation. be smart. get the deal done, turn it into a positive.

They've just got senderos so if media reports are to be believed why would moyes tell lescott he's not leaving.

I'm sure tottenham's season was ruined by a bit more than berbatoss. Look at how they performed once twitcher took over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.