Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
TaylorWill07 said:
cumon darker shade of blue you must know that if we want to sign lescott we 100% will get him, a club like everton cant keep a player who wants to move onto bigger and better things.
Not sure that's 100% true. We wanted Terry and didn't get him.

Lescott is different, as Everton are in a far less financially stable state than Chelsea, and Lescott is most definitely interested in joining City. However I don't think this situation is close to being agreed. I still believe we'll get Lescott, Moyes will eventually decide that a player who clearly doesn't want to be there anymore will be too big an influence on his team's moral and agree to the sale.

TaylorWill07 said:
cumon darker shade of blue you must know that if we want to sign lescott we 100% will get him, a club like everton cant keep a player who wants to move onto bigger and better things.

What a load of crap, this is the sort of arrogant attitude taken (in the past anyway) by rags, 'we're the biggest club in the world so we will take what we want', its bullshit. City carry no power other than our cash at the moment (and yes that is worth something). We have no recent history of being anything special, or even buying the worlds top stars, so we can't go round bullying other clubs into submission just yet (god forbid we ever can/do), and I don't think MH or anyone at City is trying to do that, just giddy fans who think we already rule the world.

Lescott has no choice but to stay if Everton won't sell, that's why he's NOT penned a transfer request, firstly if he does, and has to stay, he will be crucified at every game by Everton fans (he isn't that stupid), secondly he has international (world cup) ambitions, and if he aint playing at Everton (possible if he pisses Moyes off too much), then there will be no internationals (world cup) for him. So if he stays expect him to get on with quietly and professionally.

Its really begining to get on my nerves that City fans assume that because we have money we can take whatever we want, the sort of arrogance that befits fans of other clubs who think they have a right to be one of the top 4.

Matty said:
TaylorWill07 said:
Not sure that's 100% true. We wanted Terry and didn't get him.

Lescott is different, as Everton are in a far less financially stable state than Chelsea, and Lescott is most definitely interested in joining City. However I don't think this situation is close to being agreed. I still believe we'll get Lescott, Moyes will eventually decide that a player who clearly doesn't want to be there anymore will be too big an influence on his team's moral and agree to the sale.

I'm not so sure how clear it is, obviously if he wanted to stay he'd make it public. But why not make his position at Everton untennable and push through his transfer. He's only hurting himself if he does arrive, as he wont have time to prepare fully for the challenge of next season.

The silence from Terry was undersandable, he had all the power. Lescott on the other hand, is a confusing one.

cleavers said:
TaylorWill07 said:

What a load of crap, this is the sort of arrogant attitude taken (in the past anyway) by rags, 'we're the biggest club in the world so we will take what we want', its bullshit. City carry no power other than our cash at the moment (and yes that is worth something). We have no recent history of being anything special, or even buying the worlds top stars, so we can't go round bullying other clubs into submission just yet (god forbid we ever can/do), and I don't think MH or anyone at City is trying to do that, just giddy fans who think we already rule the world.

Lescott has no choice but to stay if Everton won't sell, that's why he's NOT penned a transfer request, firstly if he does, and has to stay, he will be crucified at every game by Everton fans (he isn't that stupid), secondly he has international (world cup) ambitions, and if he aint playing at Everton (possible if he pisses Moyes off too much), then there will be no internationals (world cup) for him. So if he stays expect him to get on with quietly and professionally.

Its really begining to get on my nerves that City fans assume that because we have money we can take whatever we want, the sort of arrogance that befits fans of other clubs who think they have a right to be one of the top 4.

great post

cleavers said:
TaylorWill07 said:

Thank fuck for blues like you mate, I was starting to worry that everybody had turned into rags!

We have no god given right to sign players under contract with other clubs, if Everton dont wanna sell they dont have to!

lots of suggestions in the media that moyes will not let lescott go no matter what.

i will weep if we get alex, i rate him lower than TBH . we should go in for that hangeland dude from fulham

mcigo said:
cleavers said:

great post

Yep, totally agreed. Although when you express this opinion, people still can't see it and shoot you down. Madness.

cleavers said:
TaylorWill07 said:

Completely agree, that sort of arrogance will do our club and our fans no good at all!

Lets keep real and remember to treat people correctly on the way up as, god forbid! we may have to pass them on the way down in the future

IBlue said:
cleavers said:

Completely agree, that sort of arrogance will do our club and our fans no good at all!

Lets keep real and remember to treat people correctly on the way up as, god forbid! we may have to pass them on the way down in the future

this

we are starting to act like the rags do,

Good post, and sums up my own feelings perfectly.

If the boot was on the other foot we would be saying exactly the same things as the Ever-tony-uns are saying. I know a few EFC fans, and they are good lads. There are however one or two knobs who think they are so much better than us, but I suppose you're always going to get one or two at every club.

But please, I know we've waited a long long time for something like this, but let's not become like the Rags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.