Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Coop said:
Good News when things start hitting BBC Sport, they are probably the most reliable Source to trust.

People who keep saying let's move on, The club wouldnt pull out unless they were certain of another signing.

Such as pulling out of the Eto'o deal once Adebayor was practically tied up.

There's no harm in seeing how it runs while we may be working on another target in the background.

We missed out on Delph because we wanted to wait a week. I presume Hughes wanted the week to sort the Lescott deal out so I reckon it will happen eventually. Because Leeds couldn't wait a week they sold him to Villa. I don't think we'll be actually talking to other clubs about players until the Lescott deal is tied up or broke down.

BlueMoon93 said:
Blue Coop said:
Good News when things start hitting BBC Sport, they are probably the most reliable Source to trust.

People who keep saying let's move on, The club wouldnt pull out unless they were certain of another signing.

Such as pulling out of the Eto'o deal once Adebayor was practically tied up.

There's no harm in seeing how it runs while we may be working on another target in the background.

We missed out on Delph because we wanted to wait a week. I presume Hughes wanted the week to sort the Lescott deal out so I reckon it will happen eventually. Because Leeds couldn't wait a week they sold him to Villa. I don't think we'll be actually talking to other clubs about players until the Lescott deal is tied up or broke down.

He didn't want to sort out things with Lescott, but actually evaluate Ralmus Elm. I think he wanted to take another look at this guy and then decide between Elm and Delph.

rohanthebest said:
BlueMoon93 said:

He didn't want to sort out things with Lescott, but actually evaluate Ralmus Elm. I think he wanted to take another look at this guy and then decide between Elm and Delph.

I agree. I expect us to make a move for Elm soon and that Lescott is a separate issue altogether.

Blip said:
What a load of crap, this is the sort of arrogant attitude taken (in the past anyway) by rags, 'we're the biggest club in the world so we will take what we want', its bullshit. City carry no power other than our cash at the moment (and yes that is worth something). We have no recent history of being anything special, or even buying the worlds top stars, so we can't go round bullying other clubs into submission just yet (god forbid we ever can/do), and I don't think MH or anyone at City is trying to do that, just giddy fans who think we already rule the world.

Lescott has no choice but to stay if Everton won't sell, that's why he's NOT penned a transfer request, firstly if he does, and has to stay, he will be crucified at every game by Everton fans (he isn't that stupid), secondly he has international (world cup) ambitions, and if he aint playing at Everton (possible if he pisses Moyes off too much), then there will be no internationals (world cup) for him. So if he stays expect him to get on with quietly and professionally.

Its really begining to get on my nerves that City fans assume that because we have money we can take whatever we want, the sort of arrogance that befits fans of other clubs who think they have a right to be one of the top 4.

Good post, and sums up my own feelings perfectly.

If the boot was on the other foot we would be saying exactly the same things as the Ever-tony-uns are saying. I know a few EFC fans, and they are good lads. There are however one or two knobs who think they are so much better than us, but I suppose you're always going to get one or two at every club.

But please, I know we've waited a long long time for something like this, but let's not become like the Rags.

Good post and by the large I agree with it, especially the sentiment regarding arrogance. The only part of your argument which falls down is the world cup ambition verses Moyes not playing him paragraph. Moyes cannot have it both ways. Keeping the player and also not playing him, it makes no sense. The reason he wants to keep him is because he is integral to the team and they can only buy quality replacements with the cash generated by his sale. They don't have enough depth in squad as things stand.

A possible fantasy scenario :

Lescott : What do you want me to do boss ?
Moyes : What do 'you' want to do Joleon ?
Lescott : I'd like to stay , but is it better for Everton if I leave ?
Moyes : That's a difficult one m8 . I guess it depends on how badly City want you and how much they are going to pay . Personally , I don't want you to go .
Lescott : Are we going to strengthen the squad ?
Moyes : I'll be doing my best as always .
Lescott : There is the wages City are offering too .
Moyes : I can only give you what I have m8 . You have to make your own decision about your future . If you do stay and play well , you know you are first choice and will stay in the England squad . Will you always be first choice at City ?
Lescott : Yeah , that's crossed my mind . What should I do ?
Moyes : Give it some time . If you want to stay , I'll make sure you stay . If you decide you want to leave , let me know , but try not to take too long in your decision .
Lescott : Do I need to put a request in if I decide to go ?
Moyes : I wouldn't at this stage . Let's see what happens first . There's plenty of time left .
Lescott : Do you mean let's see how much City are prepared to pay ?
Moyes : Well there's that , and you don't really want to piss the fans off by going down that route if you don't have to . Worry about yourself for now m8 . Let me worry about everything else .
Lescott : Thanks boss
Moyes : Tell Billy boy to come in on your way out .

Come on lads.. we've had a lot to go through for a very very long time..
so a few people are saying things like that you are comfortable with , now dont confuse arrogance with excitement ..
Unfold your arms, take a deep breath and shout as loud as you can..

CCCCCCCCCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!

CityPar said:
rohanthebest said:

I agree. I expect us to make a move for Elm soon and that Lescott is a separate issue altogether.

One of the foreign lads on one of our forums is Elms m8 , and figures Elm is more concerned about his footballing future than his bank balance . He still sees us as being strong favourites at the moment .

Just heard on five live Lescott has told Moyes he wants to go to City but has not yet put in a written transfer request.

No offence but hes comming across as a bit of an idiot. Its been obvious all along what he had to do and hes still not doing it.

Written transfer request and talk to the press saying he want to leave.

Darker shade of Blue said:
CityPar said:

One of the foreign lads on one of our forums is Elms m8 , and figures Elm is more concerned about his footballing future than his bank balance . He still sees us as being strong favourites at the moment .

quite a coincidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.