Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bobmcfc said:
lots of suggestions in the media that moyes will not let lescott go no matter what.

i will weep if we get alex, i rate him lower than TBH . we should go in for that hangeland dude from fulham
i wouldn't be over the moon with alex but he's better than TBH of that i have no doubt, however i agree with your hangeland comment, if lescott doesn't materialize i'd be all for going in for him, im shocked he hasn't been snapped up yet, arsenal were linked with him a week ago but thats all i've heard about him all window!

I think it's a bit much accusing everyone of acting like rags, and I think people are a bit too eager to throw the accusation.

I don't think we are, and while a few are getting a bit over the top with the money situation I think that is as much down to us not really knowing what money can and can't get us.

I suspect after a few transfer windows and a few knockbacks we'll start to get a bit realistic.

Personally I suspect money will win the day on this one, hope it's not the case as I still want us to be getting value for money for the players we sign, not just spend and spend and spend until we win something.

Sorry if it has already been posted but the BBC are also reporting Lescott wants out.

Everton defender Joleon Lescott has told the club he wants to leave but is yet to hand in an official transfer request, BBC Radio 5 live understands.

Lescott is wanted by big-spending Manchester City, who have twice failed in their bid to sign the 26-year-old.

City have offered £15m and £18m for the England player but Everton are desperate to keep him.

Everton's stance may be weakening after it was revealed they are in talks with Arsenal centre-back Philippe Senderos.

A fee of about £6m is thought to have been discussed for the Switzerland international but an Everton club source has claimed the centre-back is not being signed as a direct replacement for Lescott.

Everton manager David Moyes has always said that no player would leave the club without his approval.

City have already signed Gareth Barry, Roque Santa Cruz, Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor and Kolo Toure in a summer spree that has resulted in them spending about £80m.

They also recently failed with a bid to sign Chelsea centre-back John Terry.

Lescott joined Everton for £5m from Wolves in 2006 and has been capped seven times by England.

Lescott wants Everton departure

Defender Lescott has been capped seven times by England
Everton defender Joleon Lescott has told the club he wants to leave but is yet to hand in an official transfer request, BBC Radio 5 live understands.

Lescott is wanted by big-spending Manchester City, who have twice failed in their bid to sign the 26-year-old.

City have offered £15m and £18m for the England player but Everton are desperate to keep him.

Everton's stance may be weakening after it was revealed they are in talks with Arsenal centre-back Philippe Senderos.

A fee of about £6m is thought to have been discussed for the Switzerland international but an Everton club source has claimed the centre-back is not being signed as a direct replacement for Lescott.

606: DEBATE
Have your say on the Lescott situation?
Everton manager David Moyes has always said that no player would leave the club without his approval.

City have already signed Gareth Barry, Roque Santa Cruz, Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor and Kolo Toure in a summer spree that has resulted in them spending about £80m.

They also recently failed with a bid to sign Chelsea centre-back John Terry.

Lescott joined Everton for £5m from Wolves in 2006 and has been capped seven times by England.

Good News when things start hitting BBC Sport, they are probably the most reliable Source to trust.

People who keep saying let's move on, The club wouldnt pull out unless they were certain of another signing.

Such as pulling out of the Eto'o deal once Adebayor was practically tied up.

There's no harm in seeing how it runs while we may be working on another target in the background.

It's encouraging that it's now being reported by the BBC. They seem to take great pride in reporting things when, and only when, they are 100% sure of the accuracy of the story. The issue really is whether Moyes' insistence that Lescott is going nowhere is a genuine reluctance to let him go, or whether it's merely a ploy to get as large a fee for him as possible. And i haven't got the foggiest which one it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.