Lescott [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
the--dud said:
Dobsy87 said:
Everton bid for Subotic.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Footbal...proceedings_with_bid_for_coveted_starlet.aspx

DSOB - Is this another 'cover' purchase? Boy your gonna have a lot of backup defenders!

If Everton signs Subotic they'll potentially have an amazing defender on their hands. I've only seen him a few times in the Bundesliga but he looks very solid and a big talent. Of course he could totally flop, but that's the risk you take with signing players with no EPL experience I suppose... Hopefully he doesn't turn into the new Vidic!

I think I'd rather we take the punt on Subotic.

Forzacitizens said:
darker shade of blue is getting nervous now isn't he?

how long will it take him to say (if lescott signs) lescott's shit anyway? lol

I've stated all along that he is good , but not our best .

Players have a lot of power these days when it comes to transfers and it looks like Lescott wants out. I think if Moyes has such a good relationship with him he'd accept his decision to leave. Plenty of Everton fans have preached Moyes ability to pick transfer gems, time to find a new one....

Darker shade of Blue said:
bizzbo said:
once would do it.

one simple statement. 'not for sale at any price'

not, 'I don't want to sell him'

not, 'your offer makes me angry'

not, 'not for 30m'

those patently do not equate to 'there is no point in bidding for this player'. they are classic negotiation tactics. You respond negatively but leave the door wide open.

Please read the Everton official site more often .

you'll have to link me, this is all I could find:
And as part of the forum the manager was asked about speculation linking Manchester City with the signing of Joleon Lescott.

He replied: “I said there will be no players sold at Everton and I don’t feel I need to say any more. The board have never sold a player from me – it will only be at my discretion. I said it at the end of the season and I don’t need to say any more.”

mcigo said:
BlueMooner87 said:
there is one conclusive thing that Everton could do to prove Lescott is not for sale, offer him a new contract with decent terms and if he signs then we know that this is a rare occasion of a scoucer being honest

he's a brummie
Sorry, I meant the club as in saying he wasn't for sale

Darker shade of Blue said:
Forzacitizens said:
darker shade of blue is getting nervous now isn't he?

how long will it take him to say (if lescott signs) lescott's shit anyway? lol

I've stated all along that he is good , but not our best .
problem is the one you consider your best has had a cruciate injury he wont be back till jan then he will take a while to get fully fit and back in form

This whole thing is starting to do my head in! I want Lescott, i think he is a very very good player! But Moyes is just whinging to the press like some spoilt 6 year old little annoying girl to her Daddy and making us look like the bad guys!

We are doing nothing wrong! Hughes hasnt been in the media saying, i want Jolean Lescott but Everton wont let us speak to him - he has actually been very professional about it all, he's actually said nothing off his won back to the media about it and even when asked he's only said something along the lines of; "Jolean is a very talented player and would be a good signing for any team, but he is Evertons player and i dont want to talk about it right now!"

But fucking Moyes is dragging out all this press shit calling us "disrespectful" and other things! Anyone with any intelegence can see that Moyes is the fool here, but there arent all that many people with that much intelegence and they believe anything they read in the papers and will look at City and think we are ruining the game!

It has happened for as long as football's been around- a team has had a good player playing for them and another club will fancy this player and put a bid for him! and every single club in this country bar none will go in for another bid even when told the guy isnt for sale, everyone has! Even if its at the £3million level, it happens transfer window after transfer window without fail! Everton will have done it, Moyes will have done it! But just cos its new-money Man City there is an opportunity to get the Rag press involved to tarnish our name! its a joke!

I hope this is resolved soon and we can sack off ever doing business with Moyes ever again!

Lescott either wants to join City or he doesn't.

If he wants to join us then it's looking more and more likely that he'll need to "man up" as I believe youngsters call it these days and hand in his transfer request, Moyes and Everton aren't playing ball until he does.

If he wants to stay then that can, in some quarters, be classed as showing loyalty, and I'm sure that's how Lescott and Everton would sell it. To me chosing to stay with Everton rather than moving to City, given the vastly different aims of each club, and the potential future success at each club would indicate a lack of ambition rather than showing loyalty.

People laud Le Tissier for spending his whole career at Southampton when he could have moved on to bigger, better clubs and had the chance of silverware. People say he was a rare breed in football, an extremely loyal player. I don't buy it. I'm sure loyalty was involved, to some degree, but there was also lethargy, he was settled at Southampton and liked the comfort. There was also a lack of ambition, and fear involved. A move away from Southampton would have meant moving out of his comfort zone and risking his reputation, Le Tissier didn't want that.

To a lesser extent that's what Lescott faces. The loyalty angle is less prevelant, Le Tissier was a one club man who had Southampton in his heart, Lescott can't claim to be that.

Lescott needs to chose between loyalty/comfort and ambition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.